• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

poor spotters? or bad luck?

That will probably leave a bruise.

this could have been avoided if he had just UPPED THE DOSE.

This is what happens when you don't abuse gears.

Spotter in red wasn't even ready. He killed that guy.

No way to avoid that. While the spotters weren't exactly ready...that guy just dropped that weight or the weight fell out of his hands so quickly they could never have caught that bar. Never.

A spotter can help you if you are getting stuck and needs to apply some assistance. Pulling up on the bar some as the lifter also presses the weight. This guy stopped pressing and the spotters would had to have essentially caught that way. Which I don't think they could have done.

Mother fucker must have never heard of chalk. Christ!

Seen same thing happen at my gym. It broke the guys sternum and he was out of the gym for a long time.

Fuck that looked like it hurt. The slow motion version was painful to watch.

IML Gear Cream!
I think if the spotters lock their hands and follow the bar up just stay a few inches under it they would have caught it no problem

found this on a sport news site

This video’s tough to watch: 34-year-old Russian powerlifter Igor Golushkin, attempting to bench press just over 400 pounds,
dropped the bar on his chest during a competition. The resulting impact reportedly crushed his diaphragm and broke several of his ribs, and he later died from a heart concussion, according to Red Hot Russia. A heart concussion, also known as “commotio cordis,” is the stopping of the heart due to sudden trauma.

Back