• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Returning from injury lay-off

columbo

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
looking for some opinions on the best routine or approach to a 1 month lay off from training.

5 x 5 with moderate or heavy

4 x 8-10 lighter weights.

injured elbow tendon..golfers elbow.

am back i the gym on monday...strength , size and motivation are low at the moment.:(

I guess it depends on your goals. 5x5 is good for gaining strength, and I have used it in the past (15-20 years ago), but it's really not known as a program for hypertrophy. Not sure what kind or program you were using prior to your injury, but why not go back to it and just work around your injury until it improves? Have you gotten any treatment for the elbow? Lots of guys swear by chiropractic treatment for tendonitis.

Yeah bro i got some A.R.T treatment done ( just 2 sessions , thats shit is expensive ),i might invest in some TB500 and pin that for a few weeks .
BTC put me onto some good healing techniques but i dont have the support to apply them.
well i have always typically trained in the 8- 12 rep range and increased the volume to 15 rep sets after i looked at your log.
The increase in reps was great on back and chest.
i guess i will just go back to that format and go lighter for a while and increase the weight over the next few weeks..
i am on a 400mg cruise dose of test and will sit on my bulk cycle untill i have got back to where i was.
thanks man.

Layoffs are a bitch. I would just start light and easy, listen to your body.

Layoffs are a bitch. I would just start light and easy, listen to your body.

Zyg what ups brother.

What was that combo you used for tendon repair by increasing collagen synthesis... high dose VIT C with proline ?

Sup fag! Dont go heavy bro. You'll bring that golfer's elbow right back if it hasnt been gone for a while. Copy what Touareg is doing, 15-20 reps. If theres any gear involved you'll be fine and it wont actually burn muscle like it would for natty people.
Even if you can just do the knee wrap part bro...just the tourniquet shit alone will help immensely. Pay someone $5 to do it for you, whatever, just get it done. Thank me later.

Here's a cheap trick to try. If it flares up again on you go to the store and pick up a $4 bottle of hydrcortisone cream. Rub a little on, it seems to help with my elbow shoulder as I'm too just coming off a two month lay off with tendonitis. And like others said. Keep it light 15-20, good luck and happy healing.

Zyg what ups brother.

What was that combo you used for tendon repair by increasing collagen synthesis... high dose VIT C with proline ?

for me 6g ascorbic acid, 2-3g proline and 2-3g lysine did the job, split doses over course of the day. Some people cant handle 6g ascorbic acid a day, some can handle a lot more.

looking for some opinions on the best routine or approach to a 1 month lay off from training.

5 x 5 with moderate or heavy

4 x 8-10 lighter weights.

injured elbow tendon..golfers elbow.

am back i the gym on monday...strength , size and motivation are low at the moment.:(

Trust me you will not be disappointed.... Go to inzeradvancedesigns and order a oair of knee sleeves(theirs are blackbwith red stripes) and 3 velcro loops lower/mid/upper. I stumbled on using these on my elbows when the pair I bought my wife were too big so I use them on my elbows. The support is absurd. Those injuries are nearly impossible to heal quickly, they take months sometimes and reinjury in frequent. Save yourself by suppirting that elbow from here forward. Good luck.

🏽

If you are insured ask your Orthopod about platelet rich plasma (prp) injections. These are routinely used for UCL injuries as a bridge to Tommy John surgery but the mechanism of action could be if value for epicondylitis as well.

🏽

Look up and study the use of floss bands and how use them. You'd be surprised how much it will help.

Not sure how many people have used this rep and set scheme for hypertrophy but it works. It's 6x6 with a moderate weight. You will do 6 reps rest only 30 seconds then repeat for 5 more sets. This works great for hypertrophy. I good change up to traditional 8,10,12, 15 rep scheme.

Two 3 meter knee wraps tight enough to create a cast/tourniquet effect will work better than floss bands. Combined with a heavy body tempering roller will triple the results if you know what you are doing. Will cure tendonitis, tennis elbow, golfers elbow, rotator tendonitis, shoulder mobility issues ect quickly.

Back