• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

A week without CPAP...

I cant imagine one week. One day and i was feeling like crap. Was a terrible night of no sleep. We lost power just before bedtime. Come back on, an hr or 2 before it was time to wake up.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't stand my cpap machine. Stupid mask and all the straps. I can only stand it for about 2 hours max then i wake up and rip the dam thing off. Longest I've ever made it is 5 hours and thats only cause i was drunk and took xanex.

I cant imagine one week. One day and i was feeling like crap. Was a terrible night of no sleep. We lost power just before bedtime. Come back on, an hr or 2 before it was time to wake up.

- - - Updated - - -

You can make a cable for battery operation pretty easily. Works for emergencies.

I can't stand my cpap machine. Stupid mask and all the straps. I can only stand it for about 2 hours max then i wake up and rip the dam thing off. Longest I've ever made it is 5 hours and thats only cause i was drunk and took xanex.

Sounds like you need a different mask.

Sounds like you need a different mask.

Exactly. Here's the thing, they told me if i didn't like the mask i could bring it back and get another. So i go back in to get a new one but they failed to tell me i can only get a diffefent type of the same mask. I mean wtf. Seriously.

Exactly. Here's the thing, they told me if i didn't like the mask i could bring it back and get another. So i go back in to get a new one but they failed to tell me i can only get a diffefent type of the same mask. I mean wtf. Seriously.

What kind of mask did they give you? Nose/mouth mask? Those suck. They started me off on one and when i went back for my overnight stay, to get the cpap tuned in for my levels. The lady had me try a nose mask. Been using it ever since. Its the resperonics WISP.

IML Gear Cream!
What kind of mask did they give you? Nose/mouth mask? Those suck. They started me off on one and when i went back for my overnight stay, to get the cpap tuned in for my levels. The lady had me try a nose mask. Been using it ever since. Its the resperonics WISP.

Full face. Hate it. Wish i woulda picked the nose pillows

It took a couple years to get used to it, now I don't even nap without it. Cause us old farts gotta nap.

Try Breathe Right Strips.....

Sent from my DEA work phone.

How well do them nose pillow *masks work? I've heard good things. The whole.mask being strapped to my face is the only thing stopping me from getting a cpap

You can use a deep cycle marine battery. Get a cheap charger. You can make a cable out of almost anything, like the wire from an old wall wart. Buy the connector online for about a dollar.
OR,
Get a cheap inverter and a battery and use the 120 volt cable that you always use with your machine.
Either one will work well.

My wife is pissed. The last 6 months I've been snoring like a wild animal. I've tried breathe rites, body pillows nothing is stopping me from snoring.

I sleep great. I don't feel tired in the morning. Except when she wakes me up 5 times a night.

Not looking forward to a sleep study because I know they are going to say I need a cpap.

Invest in the nose pillows. You won't regret it.

Gonna have to. This full face mask is junk. Just sucks cause i can think of alot better things i wanna spend $175 on. But good sleep is priceless they say.

You were prescribed a certain type of mask based upon your sleep behavior during the study. If you are a mouth breather you won't be able to use the pillows. I've been on cpap over 15 years and have tried them all, it's about you. I have a face mask that only covers my nose because I don't breathe through my mouth during sleep. Nasal pillows won't help this.

Get Shredded!
You were prescribed a certain type of mask based upon your sleep behavior during the study. If you are a mouth breather you won't be able to use the pillows. I've been on cpap over 15 years and have tried them all, it's about you. I have a face mask that only covers my nose because I don't breathe through my mouth during sleep. Nasal pillows won't help this.

What do you do if you have a stuffy nose or are congested?

If you get mask with nose pillows, be sure to get the one with reinforced pillows so they don't collapse when you roll over or pressed against the pillow. I usually don't use mine when stuffy/congested. Just seems to make me feel worst when I do.

Icon

For about 6 months last year I was snoring like a freight train. the girl I was dating recorded me. I slept great but during the day I could literally fall asleep standing up.

Started doing cardio and I stopped snoring and wasn't drowsy all day.

not sure what this has to do with anything. I'm just bored.

For about 6 months last year I was snoring like a freight train. the girl I was dating recorded me. I slept great but during the day I could literally fall asleep standing up.

When I'm 270 and blocky I snore and my arms fall asleep when I sleep.
When I'm 240 no snoring and the "stranger" seems like a viable option.

Did you sweat a lot while sleeping?

If you get mask with nose pillows, be sure to get the one with reinforced pillows so they don't collapse when you roll over or pressed against the pillow. I usually don't use mine when stuffy/congested. Just seems to make me feel worst when I do.

Icon

And made of silicone. They are softer and more comfortable. I have two sets of the nose pillow masks, one is silicone and infinitely more comfortable than the other which is something that isn't silicone and much harder. So I don't use the harder one, it's just a back-up.

Congestion is an issue for during seasonal allergies. I use Claritin daily and it doesn't stimulate me. If there's an issue at bed time I use my netipot about 30 min before bed.

Back