• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Want to get rid of my cable so need advice...

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey....tired of paying stupid prices for fucking fios tv (like 170 month for virtually nothing). That is my triple play price.

Someone told me about jail breaking a Firestick from Amazon.

I looked into this and they sell on ebay or can be done on your own. Basically uses the Kodi software.

Heard good and bad but not sure.

Anyone have experience with this stuff or any advice on a different way to go is appreciated.

I got direct tv, standard 50 bucks, get what I want, upgrade to anything u want. Dish network blocks and cuts u off the network all the time. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks...actually looking more seriously at streaming. Then purchasing an acct with netflix and/or hulu plus (will cost like 220 for the year prescriptions). But have heard about this kodi thing before and looks interesting. Almost too good to be true.

I looked into sling tv, but they nickel and dime everything. 5 dollars here, 5 dollars there...starts to add up too.

Used to love the old days when you got basic cable and got a hot box for every fucking channel.

just keep internet, you can watch everything for free on internet

170 for phone tv and Internet isn't a bad price imo

I wouldn't be so fucking pissed off if every channel I go to didn't say "you are not subscribed." And I have not premium channels either (HBO. SHOWtime).

From what I understand, cable is losing customers daily because ppl are cutting the cord so to speak and going with streaming.

Only think I would really miss is the ability to channel surf...but they essentially took that away from me too since I have no real channels to surf. They are going to go under (I am praying). Fall to the wayside like blockbuster.

I got a firestick and it's the only thing I use, it has netflix and amazon prime along with a bunch of other random shit. Jailbreaking it would be better though

Maybe you could drop your internet speed and raise the channel package?

Netflix with unblock-us.com mod and Hulu are good for streaming

That unblock-us.com is pretty interesting....are you personally using this with good results? Does it basically give you all these channels for free??

Popcorn Time (once it comes back up maybe couple days.) Kodi is awesome but takes a lot of research. It'll play everything but NBA league pass. Primewire has everything you could want and hasnt gone down in years. Get a chrome cast it's cheaper and you don't need to hack it. There's really no reason to have cable these days. Unless you just want to it. Just pay for fast Internet.

HDMI cable and hook up laptop to TV. I watch hulu, netflix for free and I have amazon prime so lots of free shows. I actually cancelled cable a few 2 years ago cause all the programming sucked and I felt my kids were watching too much cartoons and not doing their homework. I broke down and got cable again a few months ago. about to cancell it again

It allows you to fool Netflix into thinking you're in a different country. Each country has its own library so the choices go up 2-3x. I've had it for about 2 years.

Cool thx. Nervous about making changes to my DNS but definitely a viable option.

It allows you to fool Netflix into thinking you're in a different country. Each country has its own library so the choices go up 2-3x. I've had it for about 2 years.
TV is free in europe they get money from ads , I work on overseas aircraft and they have 2 direct TV boxes, the american one is very specific cause you need to pay a subscription, pretty lame

I just torrent everything and have my comp hooked up to my TV. I used popcorn time too but it's been taken down because they were threatened with legal action. Make sure you use a solid VPN at the very least if you go this route.

I use torrents too....which is your go to torrent site?? I used to use KickAss torrent but they got fucked up I think.

project free tv is a cool site has all the favorite shows

We have Internet and roku
We have amazon prime on roku, netflix, hulu and hbo now...as well as vudu for movie srvcs, youtube, a chrome stick on one tv, and about a bazillion free roku channels..some are awesome (discovery, history channel, pbs etc) some are meh..
We also have an antenna on the back of the house that is really pretty small and is tapped into our cable lines so all the tvs (5) have local channels as well.
We don't have any hiccups with 5 tvs 4 laptops and 3 cell phones streaming one thing or another at once.
Our Internet is 70 bucks a month with their shitty modem rental...which I'm looking into how to get away from

Netflix, hulu and hbo now are 40 bucks a month. Amazon prime is 100 a yr..but idk if I count that because we have it more for free prime shipping more than anything.
Hulu has most of the major network recent stuff. .I seriously question why we have Netflix sometimes ..oh right..house of cards..

Original content is exploding right now..
We haven't had cable for like three years and have never looked back

Everyone from the 4 yr old to the teenagers to the adults can always find something they actually wanna watch
I believe ESPN finally broke free from time Warner for live streaming games too..but if local channels show em you're good there too

Ps. I guess I suck because I refuse to steal content ...ya ya ..big corporate assholes and all but I won't teach my kids that lesson

Get an Amazon Fire BOX, not the stick, install a program called "Kodi" on it, and you can watch whatever your little heart desires. Movies that are still in theaters? It's got em. TV shows 15 minutes after they air? Got those too.. Best switch I ever mad.

Just google "Kodi on amazon fire box" and you will find plenty of step by step instructions on how to get it going.

Your reading comprehension sucks harder than when unlisted and twistedgto meet up at a gay Mexican bar. She said she only pays for it because she wants to set a good example for her kids. I kind of doubt she goes around telling them or anyone that she uses gear and reps for an illegal company. :coffee:

Well at least someone gets it..that the kids watch the tv..they'd be sort of participating in it..which is what I was looking to avoid.

Back