• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

let talk about ketosis

Sheriv

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
and your observations about it...

I was on a strict protein sparing modified fast for a week..then followed by a more traditional keto approach..but with clean foods..not ala atkins (dirty keto)

my observations so far are...chromium definitely seemed to help induce ketosis fast along with being ultra strict on lean protein only - i actually stuck to whey isolate for the most part and took my mountain bike out for several hrs.
I ate like a fat kid in a bakery the day before I started the diet. I started phendimetrazine the day of the diet..initially at the prescribed dose of whatever the fuck it is three times a day...
then figured out about5 days in that twice a day dosing was fine. Now Im at like..once in a while once or twice a day usually more to wake me up than anything.

I had an additional diet pill that was like egcg blah blah blah that tears my stomach up so I don't take it now...a multi vitamin, a mag/cal/vit d/potassium supp fat camp provided9nice sup but fucking huge), 128oz of water and 16 oz of whatever powerades no carb electrolyte crap is and a omega 3 enteric coated cap 3x a day for three grams (also provided by fat camp- I'll be buying more of these they're awesome- no fish burps)

now..I've noticed sweeteners don't seem to bother me for ketosis or slow down fat loss but gotta watch the sodium in em
carrots don't bother me or slow me down..up to a 100grams of carbs don't knock me out if Im active UNLESS it has refined sugar of any kind in it
(dude- I work in a fine dining establishment- theres some sampling) in which case it will knock me out of ketosis for a few hrs until I burn it off

now I've noticed eggs aren't really bothering me again (weird) but wheat fucks me right up..like right up bad..
I get stomach cramps, I get super bloated and my hands swell up so bad I had to ice and soap my hand to get my wedding ring off because my finger turned blue. this has happened every time Ive even had a bite of anything with wheat in it.
yogurt and cream don't bother me or seem to affect keto status..I even eat one of those chobani flips every night (so tasty). I guess yogurt gets some people cream shouldn't

eating fatty meats hasn't seemed to have any effect- maybe when weight drops more it will be a different story

I ate a cookie this morning one of my kids made for me and was ultra sick and keto stix showed no ketones...I didn't workout but decided only whey isolate and coffee for today and worked on the car..showed on keto stix again by this afternoon.
I really don't know that its blunted my hunger or if I've just gotten used to way less food ...or really paying attention to h2o has made the big difference
basically Im only counting protein grams and rather loosely and carb grams if I'm gonna cheat a little like have a couple of pieces of potato from a pot roast.
I feel like I have a handle on myself again after a little over a year of feeling out of control so fat camp was good for that. Its mnd blowing what they expect people to not know though. With me they just hook up the ekg, take my vitals ask if I've stuck to plan, if I need anything, hand me my script and I'm done. Ive watched them with other clients and I can't believe what people don't grasp about this.

so what are your observations- what are your thoughts on ketone blood monitors - not that I can afford one but I'm super curious to try one.
whos done keto or wants to...

talk to me..

- - - Updated - - -

tl;dr

I have done a diet like this twice with success. Problem is finding enough variety in food items to keep it interesting and keep you satisfied.

It does make you more aware of the carbs and how they affect your body. You become more aware of them in your everyday diet once you are no longer on the diet.

yeah I've done keto before but this was the most severe and weirdly the easiest form of it.

I've eaten some crap when I want variety..like a cheddar and pepperoni car cup when I had to go on an impromptu road trip

I eat high fat medium protein year round.
Does wonders for my diabetes and is supposed to help with other illnesses I have.
It works great for me.

Back