• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Shoulder warm ups

lunchbox55

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So my shoulders have been popping More then usual lately. I can really feel it when I do lateral raises right before my arm is parallel with the ground. I usually grab a 5lb and do 25 lateral raises and full rotations in big circles (if that makes sense, kinda like you did arm warm ups for baseball). What works for you?

From the side I go front lat from there up then out like I'm on a cross down repeat.

Internal and external rotations with a resistance band has made a huge improvement in my right shoulder pain. I was at the point where I finally had enough of the pain and was getting ready to go to the doctor and request an MRI. Figured I would try the rotations as a last ditch effort before surrendering to the doctor and they helped tremendously. I usually do 4 sets of 25 reps 3x/week.

Internal rotations
External rotations
External rotations with shoulder and elbow flexion (like a pitcher throwing a ball motion) Look up infraspinatus exercises on Youtube to get a better idea of this one.

Internal and external rotations with a resistance band has made a huge improvement in my right shoulder pain. I was at the point where I finally had enough of the pain and was getting ready to go to the doctor and request an MRI. Figured I would try the rotations as a last ditch effort before surrendering to the doctor and they helped tremendously. I usually do 4 sets of 25 reps 3x/week.

Internal rotations
External rotations
External rotations with shoulder and elbow flexion (like a pitcher throwing a ball motion) Look up infraspinatus exercises on Youtube to get a better idea of this one.

^^^All of this. Also if you have access to battling ropes those I have found are the best.....up/down, inside circles, outside circles. Holy blood flow. Other than that my go to is moderate weight farmer carries. Executed properly it will warm up your entire shoulder/rotators. 75/80 lb db's for a few walks of 30 yds or so.

If you are getting clicking/popping ect you should be doing prehab/rehab movements every day to strengthen the rotator muscles.

Internal rotations
External rotations
I'm gonna try these first. Thank you.
From the side I go front lat from there up then out like I'm on a cross down repeat.
I'll try these too, anything to avoid injuring my shoulder like a lot of guy in here have. Thank you.

^^^All of this. Also if you have access to battling ropes those I have found are the best.....up/down, inside circles, outside circles. Holy blood flow. Other than that my go to is moderate weight farmer carries. Executed properly it will warm up your entire shoulder/rotators. 75/80 lb db's for a few walks of 30 yds or so.

If you are getting clicking/popping ect you should be doing prehab/rehab movements every day to strengthen the rotator muscles.
I actually just read that battle ropes do more damage then good since its such a quick change of momentum. https://www.t-nation.com/training/3-shoulder-killers-to-avoid

I usually take a 5lb plate and rotate forward then switch and rotate my arm backwards. I just got over a shoulder injury a while ago, Ill probably be trying a few of these out as well.

My shoulders are all messed up so I do internal and external rotations with cables and another where my elbows out to my side as high as my shoulder cables high as it can and i start with hand up pointing the ceiling and i rotate down till my hand is pointing straight forward. Only thing involved with these movements is the tendons and ligaments inside the shoulder. Its really helped me after i injured my shoulder almost 2 years ago.

Back