• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Intro

PBnJBJnPG

All a man needs in life
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Greetings.

Before having kids, I exercised regularly and naturally. My diet was never really controlled which drove my wife nuts because she's the nutritionist. Chaos at work and having kids tore into my gym time and I packed on the pounds. I've never been able to get below 170 lbs as an adult. My body's happy weight is around 175 and occasionally I would spike to 190. I'm 5'7" and 32 years old.

Now that we've gotten better at managing life, I've been in the gym and cleaned up my diet. I got really tired of being fat and weak. So, I got strong and fat and now I'm working on being strong and lean. I'm 183 now and have WAY less fat than when I was 175. Working on getting BF% measured soon. I want a new baseline and need to get more analytical with my diet.

I've gone through dramatic changes this year and all I want to do is drive even harder.

Planning and tracking my diet is the biggest hurdle I have to really moving to the next level. I can't say what my caloric intake typically is right now. I aim for a 40/40/20 mix. Protein is the only thing I measure and that's 200-275g per day. Everything else is just sort of tracked in my head at the time of consumption.

In general...
Breakfast: smoothie with 2-3 eggs, peanut butter, banana, some other fruits, creatine and milk.
Mid morning: Some fruit and nuts.
Lunch: Some type of sandwich, carrots and hummus.
Mid afternoon: Cottage cheese or beef stick.
Dinner: dinner stuff the wife makes. Always has good protein and lots of vegetables.
Protein shakes and peanut butter get thrown in there as needed/remembered.

"Cleaning up my diet" to this point has meant focusing on nutrition and getting as much as I can from real foods rather than supps and processed/engineered organic matter. I feel great, heal fast and don't get sick (which is saying a lot with a 2yo and 6 yo in the house). However, since my actual caloric intake and makeup has been erratic over the last couple months, I've seen my strength come and go. I've consistently lost weight so I'm either at or below maintenance day to day.

My primary goal for this week is to actually calculate what I typically eat, get a plan for what I need and make the required adjustments. There will be much research here and on IMF.

Give me a sec and I will clean it up. Keep track of everything with Myfitness Pal app., its free.

sounds like you might have a few more carbs than you intend

I should clarify that I try to get vitamins and minerals from real foods rather than pills that just get pissed out. I'm not against supplements as I take plenty of them like creatine, CLA, fish oils, preworkouts and skinks.

In general...
Breakfast: smoothie with 2-3 eggs, peanut butter, banana, some other fruits, creatine and milk.

2eggs, 3 egg whites, 4pcs wheat toast.

Mid morning: Some fruit and nuts.

Chicken breast, tuna, or turkey, 10 almonds

Lunch: Some type of sandwich, carrots and hummus.

Most sandwich places are just as bad as a burger. Chicken, fish, turkey, cup of brown rice, black beans, or sweet potatoes. Cup of veggies

Mid afternoon: Cottage cheese or beef stick.

Cottage cheese is fine or meat would probably be better. No beef sticks and a couple slices wheat bread.

Dinner: dinner stuff the wife makes. Always has good protein and lots of vegetables.
Keep it clean... meats and veggies

Protein shakes and peanut butter 1 tablespoon in there as needed/remembered after workout

Before bed you should have a cup of cottage cheese.

Stick to that and you will hit your goals. Would help to go low carb 2 days a week also.

Fucking spellcheck!!

I take 'aminos'. I do NOT take 'skinks'.

Amino are fine, and a multi doesn't hurt. Only time I would have a shake is after a workout. Trust me, eat what I put above and you will have a nice cut with abs.

Thanks for the quick input Progress.

I bring lunch from home. I've become "that guy" who brings his own lunch when going out with friends during lunch.

As for the beef sticks: http://www.nicks-sticks.com. I'm not talking about gas station stuff. I'll follow your guidance nonetheless.

IML Gear Cream!
Amino are fine, and a multi doesn't hurt. Only time I would have a shake is after a workout. Trust me, eat what I put above and you will have a nice cut with abs.

Thanks again. It shall be implemented tomorrow...

Welcome

Back