• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

German Volume Training

I have tried it. Good workout but very time consuming and taking that many days off kills me. lol

that it will. you should try the John Cena workout. it is very similar.

very taxing. not sure I would do it again. hated back/chest same day. always sore, bad aches and pains

Haven't tried it yet. Heard good things about breaking plateaus, but bad things about it being tiring and demanding a lot of recovery.

IML Gear Cream!
I've used similar routines for my baby calves. They seem to work quite well.
I've heard that about calves and forearms - that they respond best to lots of volume. Something like chest and legs though, I think it's the complete opposite - intensity and low reps.

Just read the article. I'm definitely gonna have to try it. Sounds pretty intense
It certainly is. Prepare your joints and be read to rest.

I did 8x8 routine b-4 and my elbows felt shot but it helped me get my bench to 305 for 6

Did it for a couple weeks, not to bad I just get bored doing that many sets and reps..

so does that mean only one exercise for 10 x 10 per muscle group? like on chest day i typically do 3-4 diff exercises but w/ this i would only do one then move on to the other muscle group?

edit: nevermind, i just re-read the first part of the article... duh

i use GVT everytime i come back after a long layoff,a few months or more.i usually do a simple basic routine using only compound movements with 3 additional sets at the end for smaller body parts.it does run longer than a normal routine time wise but the results are well worth it if done correctly utilizing the rep sequences as outlined in most articles and the rest between sets as well.i run it for the 1st 30 days to shock my body back into the swing of things then,if still not responding by 2nd month i'll go to an 8x8.last sept after a 4mnth layoff i think i put on more size in 7wks then i have in the last 4yrs.started the 5/3/1 after my body was adjusted to a high volume approach and broke every PR i ever attempted in the last 20yrs or so.

yes,it is taxing.too many guys try and do too much cause it looks like a noob routine on paper until you hit it the way it's supposed to be done.TUT hits the muscles with such intensity your body has to respond.i only chose to go the 5/3/1 route because i wanted to get past certain strength points but as far as hypertrophy goes GVT is among my top workouts.

i use GVT everytime i come back after a long layoff,a few months or more.i usually do a simple basic routine using only compound movements with 3 additional sets at the end for smaller body parts.it does run longer than a normal routine time wise but the results are well worth it if done correctly utilizing the rep sequences as outlined in most articles and the rest between sets as well.i run it for the 1st 30 days to shock my body back into the swing of things then,if still not responding by 2nd month i'll go to an 8x8.last sept after a 4mnth layoff i think i put on more size in 7wks then i have in the last 4yrs.started the 5/3/1 after my body was adjusted to a high volume approach and broke every PR i ever attempted in the last 20yrs or so.

yes,it is taxing.too many guys try and do too much cause it looks like a noob routine on paper until you hit it the way it's supposed to be done.TUT hits the muscles with such intensity your body has to respond.i only chose to go the 5/3/1 route because i wanted to get past certain strength points but as far as hypertrophy goes GVT is among my top workouts.

Well said. It does take much longer in mist cases. I have been known to bring a whey shake and banana with me... you can also train 3-4 days a week using gvt and see great gains. Sometimes that's all I can handle because I get so sore.

Well said. It does take much longer in mist cases. I have been known to bring a whey shake and banana with me... you can also train 3-4 days a week using gvt and see great gains. Sometimes that's all I can handle because I get so sore.
yes,i like a m-w-f routine myself when doing strictly compound movements or go to the advanced stage of a 10x6 routine but with that you increase slightly each set going down to 4 reps then back up to 6 reps for what you did on your set of 5 reps with giving you a slightly higher percentage increase.takes alot out of you which is why it's made for only 4-6 weeks out of the year.

too many guys view it as an actual routine to run thru the year.it can be done but you'd have to figure out a small deload phase then restart at beginers workout and work back up.at 45for me,it's too much volume to run for too long.i respond to both high reps and low volume like max-ot very well but i just have to listen to my body to know when the time is right.about to hit it again this week until oct when i can get back to either 5/3/1 or a HST type of routine.not really looking to break records or make people say "oooo,wow" anymore.just want to pack on as much size as i possibly can.if i can hit 450 on flat bench and break 500 on squate this year i'll be happy but no longer my main goal.pure growth is it for me now...

10x10

Ive just started playing with a slight version of this. Im still doing mostly what Id do in a normal workout but dropping a couple lifts and saving one important lift that I would normally do earlier in my workout to finish with. Like on shoulder and trap day I would normally do my overhead barbell presses as the second lift in my routine but now save it for last and do 10 sets of 10 with a lighter weight and its truly brutal. By set 6 my rest peroids are getting longer and by the time Im done my shoulders neck and traps are so full of blood its a mission to properly wash myself in my post workout shower. I think the Mon Wed Fri idea is solid because when Ive gone the next day after doing this anything involving my shoulders is seriously compromised. Thank you for sharing GSRacer.

yes,i like a m-w-f routine myself when doing strictly compound movements or go to the advanced stage of a 10x6 routine but with that you increase slightly each set going down to 4 reps then back up to 6 reps for what you did on your set of 5 reps with giving you a slightly higher percentage increase.takes alot out of you which is why it's made for only 4-6 weeks out of the year.

too many guys view it as an actual routine to run thru the year.it can be done but you'd have to figure out a small deload phase then restart at beginers workout and work back up.at 45for me,it's too much volume to run for too long.i respond to both high reps and low volume like max-ot very well but i just have to listen to my body to know when the time is right.about to hit it again this week until oct when i can get back to either 5/3/1 or a HST type of routine.not really looking to break records or make people say "oooo,wow" anymore.just want to pack on as much size as i possibly can.if i can hit 450 on flat bench and break 500 on squate this year i'll be happy but no longer my main goal.pure growth is it for me now...

I haven't experimented with the rep variation like that, sounds interesting. I typically start at a weight were I am able to do 15 reps, but I only do ten. By the time I'm on my tenth set at that same weight, I am typically only able to do 8 reps. I agree, I could never do GVT year round, I pulse it for maybe 2-3 weeks a few times a year, and I am amazed at the mass I can add by doing it.

Ive just started playing with a slight version of this. Im still doing mostly what Id do in a normal workout but dropping a couple lifts and saving one important lift that I would normally do earlier in my workout to finish with. Like on shoulder and trap day I would normally do my overhead barbell presses as the second lift in my routine but now save it for last and do 10 sets of 10 with a lighter weight and its truly brutal. By set 6 my rest peroids are getting longer and by the time Im done my shoulders neck and traps are so full of blood its a mission to properly wash myself in my post workout shower. I think the Mon Wed Fri idea is solid because when Ive gone the next day after doing this anything involving my shoulders is seriously compromised. Thank you for sharing GSRacer.

What up C! I actually do the same thing on occasion. And these days, I'm all about dropping some exercises in favor of ones that I know are more taxing.

....I haven't been able to reach my back in the shower for good 2 years. I highly recommend a loofah on a stick, brother ;)

gotta get one of those!

What up C! I actually do the same thing on occasion. And these days, I'm all about dropping some exercises in favor of ones that I know are more taxing.

....I haven't been able to reach my back in the shower for good 2 years. I highly recommend a loofah on a stick, brother ;)

I gotta get one of those. Im currently using this long braided girly looking thing made of baby blue bath poof material that I can stretch enough to hold in both hands and drag back and forth across my back. Dont tell anyone.

Back