• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Johnny Cash American rebel documentary

johnjohn

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone watched this yet? Just got through watching it the damn thing almost had me in tears at the end. Maybe time to up my Ai or maybe i really do have a heart 😂.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Anyone watched this yet? Just got through watching it the damn thing almost had me in tears at the end. Maybe time to up my Ai or maybe i really do have a heart .

If Johnny Cash doesn't get to you, you're dead inside. From poor white trash to royalty with hell in between? 13 years yesterday since he's been dead. Guy changed the world.

If Johnny Cash doesn't get to you, you're dead inside. From poor white trash to royalty with hell in between? 13 years yesterday since he's been dead. Guy changed the world.
I swear that song hurt was made for him. That shit had me choked up when they were playing it at the end. Dude was truly a American icon. Fuckin country music these days is crap. Its pop mixed with something. George jones would have never asked who's gonna feel there shoe's if he would have known it was the jag offs now a days

There's great music out there, it's just not on the radio. Maybe not another Johnny Cash but who the hell could be?

There's great music out there, it's just not on the radio. Maybe not another Johnny Cash but who the hell could be?
Check out Whitey Morgan and the 78's on YouTube. Waitin' round to die is a good one. They also have a cover of "bad news" that's pretty bad ass

I agree tho there will never be anyone else come close to Johnny Cash

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Roy Orbison's house burned down killing both of his sons. His wife had recently been killed in a motorcycle accident. Roy told John he could never rebuild and live in the house. Roy was also John's neighbor. John bought the place and buried the burned house under the ground. It's an orchard to this today.

And because he got drunk and wrecked more Cadillacs than anyone I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out Whitey Morgan and the 78's on YouTube. Waitin' round to die is a good one. They also have a cover of "bad news" that's pretty bad ass

I agree tho there will never be anyone else come close to Johnny Cash

Waiting Around to Die is an old Townes Van Zandt song. He's one of my 4 favorite song writers. If you want to be moved watch his documentary Be Here To Love Me. He's one of the great unknowns. Pancho and Lefty is a song he wrote. Lucero has a song Hey Darlin, Do You Gamble? that is a pick up line Townes used. The documentary is available on Netflix. YouTube 'Townes live at the olde quarter' and be blown away. His studio albums were over done but just him and a guitar is fucking amazing. The song 'Nothin' is another great one.

Waiting Around to Die is an old Townes Van Zandt song. He's one of my 4 favorite song writers. If you want to be moved watch his documentary Be Here To Love Me. He's one of the great unknowns. Pancho and Lefty is a song he wrote. Lucero has a song Hey Darlin, Do You Gamble? that is a pick up line Townes used. The documentary is available on Netflix. YouTube 'Townes live at the olde quarter' and be blown away. His studio albums were over done but just him and a guitar is fucking amazing. The song 'Nothin' is another great one.
I knew it was a Townes cover but I've never listened to any of his stuff. I'll go check it out now tho. I love old outlaw country music! Hate this mainstream wannabe country out now

Sturgis Simpson is another good artist. He's actually from close to where I grew up in eastern ky. Chris Stapleton is another. Great song writer imo

IML Gear Cream!
I don't need a documentary to tell me how great Johnny Cash was...... just listen to his music. A true legend.

"Folsom Prison Blues"

I hear the train a comin'
It's rolling round the bend
And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when,
I'm stuck in Folsom prison, and time keeps draggin' on
But that train keeps a rollin' on down to San Antone..
When I was just a baby my mama told me Son,
Always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns.
But I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die
When I hear that whistle blowing, I hang my head and cry..

I bet there's rich folks eating in a fancy dining car
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars.
Well I know I had it coming, I know I can't be free
But those people keep a movin'
And that's what tortures me...

Well if they freed me from this prison,
If that railroad train was mine
I bet I'd move it on a little farther down the line
Far from Folsom prison, that's where I want to stay
And I'd let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away.....

Where are you guys watching this Johnny Cash documentary at?

Back