• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Best way to start?

Willus772

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey, I am new to the forum and to the lifestyle. I have been in shape several times in my life but have never committed to a lifestyle change. I'm sick of feeling like crap everyday, of being embarrassed about the way I look, and I am ready to become a better person. I am 5'10" and 220lbs. I have been making changes over the last month, I quit soda (was up to a gallon a day), quit fast food (was eating 10-15 times per week), and I have cut my calories down to 1800-2500 per day (was probably 4-5k), I am running on the treadmill 3 miles, 30 minutes every other day and began strength training every other day. My question is although I am certain that my body will change drastically with these changes, is this the best way to go for fat loss or recomp? Is three days of weight training enough to start or should I go harder? Is 4 days of cardio enough or too much? Currently I haven't started watching my macros, just counting calories in an effort not to over complicate things. Like I said I want this to be a lasting change so I want to do it right. Will managing my macros make a huge difference this early on or will it be OK to hold out for a few months while I focus on forming other habits? Just curious what your experiences are and hoping to get some advice. Thanks

Slow and steady! You have to make it enjoyable if you want it to last! Best of all listen to your body.. When u wanna stop push harder, when you don't wanna go make sure you do, but when your body needs rest make sure you rest... Actively.... Good luck in your journey.. I'm sure more will chime in on diet and what not.. Time to workout ;)

Thanks, that's the plan. Ive been setting goals for myself and have been forcing myself to complete my workouts even after I'm exhausted (usually 10 minutes in lol). It feels good to bust past those barriers and push just that little bit more.

Exactly what Dema said. Make it fun. Once getting to the gym isn't your main goal any more then the real work and change will start my man.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Bro get my 'fitness pal' counts your macros for you. Just have to scan barcodes. Its mother Fuckin bad ass. Save you hours.

Second vote for My Fitness Pal. Easy peasy.

Are you doing squats? Serious question.

Ill check into my fitness pal. I've been using fitbit to log food but it doesn't count macros. Yes doing squats and deadlifts of course.

Good advice so far. Just keep educating yourself and pushing yourself. Good luck with your journey.

Accountability. Take pics, make a calorie chart, make a workout chart, tape your measurements, weigh in regularly (for a couple months- the scale will lie when you add muscle).You MUST be accountable. Results must be measurable.

If you were my client and if you REALLY wanted it:
Low carb
high rep deadlifts 2-3 times a week.
5-7 Days a week in the gym.
See an endo about HRT.
Train ea body part 2x a week.
You would see fantastic results in a few short months.
Good luck.

IML Gear Cream!
Ill check into my fitness pal. I've been using fitbit to log food but it doesn't count macros. Yes doing squats and deadlifts of course.

Nice man, How do you like the fitbit? I'm looking into getting one of those. does it count your burned calories? Thanks brother.

Honestly, fitness is a lifestyle change. Sounds like you already made some drastic changes in your life which is great. Now by developing new good habits you'll set yourself up with a routine. It'll become second nature to train. The more you put into it the more you'll get out of it. Also remember to reward yourself from time to time so you don't get burned out.

Back