PDA

View Full Version : traps

Gmoney
08-16-2015, 09:12 PM
Hey bros can yall give me some routines to really make my traps stand up...I usually do barbell shrugs and superset with dumbell shrugs it just seems like I'm not hittin em like I should...thanks guys!

JRotten
08-16-2015, 09:33 PM
Hey bros can yall give me some routines to really make my traps stand up...I usually do barbell shrugs and superset with dumbell shrugs it just seems like I'm not hittin em like I should...thanks guys!
My traps get an ass load of work. Yates rows focusing on squeezing the rear delts and traps followed by barbell shrugs, iron crosses, and then I pick a number usually around 60 that I hit in as few sets as possible dumbbell shrugs. It adds up to about 180 reps on back day that directly hit the traps. Pardon me but I'm a little small right now.....

When I'm healthy enough for deadlifting obviously deadlifting. Upright rows are good as well.

http://i61.tinypic.com/1o289y.jpg

Gmoney
08-17-2015, 07:55 AM
Small my ass, traps look good rotten! I'll start hittin em harder....thanks bro!

IdahoRally
08-17-2015, 09:09 AM
I like to think my traps are pretty decent..

I do BB Shrugs 2x a week.. typically I'll do 225lbs and superset in front/behind the back for 4 sets. Reps at that weight ranging from 15 to 20.

I feel they also get a shit load of work from my deadlift day, as well as upright rows.

Augustine5I
08-17-2015, 02:02 PM
I get the most out of shrugs done really heavy in the smith machine...but has to be really heavy (I have to use wraps to hold the weight). And upright rows done with barbell but also singe arm upright rows using dumbell.

Vision
08-17-2015, 05:17 PM
I dont need to do much for my traps, but to really activate them I have a unique routine.. Hit me up and I can really help you dial this in to optimize some results, and fast!

but real fast, I have a standing shrug machine in my gym, if you have one, hit this a few times a week, between sets of other movements and body parts,dont annihilate, just stimulate, on the off days..deads,farmers,and side laterals (will really blast if your form is spot on) but these are my other go to movements, and always cleaned up with uprights..

Hit me up and we can get something made up for you!

manser
08-17-2015, 08:20 PM
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg320/jaypizzl/10957009_1586691624877917_195525160989385433_o.jpg (http://s251.photobucket.com/user/jaypizzl/media/10957009_1586691624877917_195525160989385433_o.jpg .html)

weizen
08-18-2015, 12:57 AM
My upper back/shoulder days consist of 4 sets of 10 for everything with a warmup. Standing barbell shoulder press (Mark Rippetoe has a good technique vid on Youtube), front arm raises (Go beyond horizontal), side arm raises (Avoid letting your arms come forward when you get tired or you are hitting delts), Dumbbell shrugs (I rest the dumbbells forward of my body and contract at a backwards angle, not straight up. I always feel more of my trap getting worked with an angled contraction), and Face pulls. The last two exercises are leaning forward while sitting on a bunch to do dumbbell side raises where I try to get my body as parallel with the ground as possible. The other is basically doing the same thing on a cable machine one arm at a time except I am standing.

Gmoney
08-18-2015, 08:26 AM
Thanks buds! Its back to biz here in a couple hrs...ima see if I can get em to stand up a little more...I do notice more of a pump with side lateral raises...all the advice is greatly appreciated, I will chime in later and let yall know what happens

Vision
08-18-2015, 08:51 AM
Don't forget to do upright rows they are mandatory and they work the rear of the traps.. so when you going to do that try to start off your routine with militaries, I will do 4 sets on the smith machine in front, then I will do four sets of dumbbells....I immediately jump into side lateral raises there after...then shrug bar and standing calf machine..then up rights..keep all reps at 10-15....do super sets,lots of them.. you can substitute the dumbbell shrugs now and then with Smith machine shrugs behind your back...