• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Umbilical Hernia!!!!

ant29

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
In the shower a couple a weeks ago I noticed a lump in my belly button. When I pressed the lump down it disappeared. I instantly knew it was a hernia. I made an appointment with my primary. He was unavailable so they had me see his resident and he waned to just keep an eye on it. In knew in the back of my head though I was planning on starting a cycle and was going to be killing the weights for the next 3 months. I insisted he refer me to a general surgeon who I know from the hospital I work at. By the way I hate HMO insurance plans, I will never use one again. I will definitely be switching to a PPO plan. Anyway, so I go and visit my surgeon. He does his exam and says, yes your definitely going to need to have that repaired especially if you plan on continuing to lift weights. He suggested laproscopic repair with mesh and I was fine with that and told him the sooner the better. So on the 28th of this month is my procedure. I have never had any type of surgery before. I have prepped people for surgery hundreds of time before with the type of work I do but, never have had it done before. I was wondering if anyone on here has had this procedure before? If so, how long did it take for you to recover, where you could start lifting again? Kinda of upset because I was planning on starting my cycle the Sept 1. I guess I am going to have to put that on hold for now.

A few ppl have, including HI, I believe.

That sucks buddy. I had the same procedure done on 1/2 . I actually had an ingenial fixed also. It still is sore from time to time. The mesh the works. The um was no big deal. He cut under my belly button peeled it back fixed it. I laid out for a while around 8 weeks but it was more for the ingenial. Dannie had it done and was back pretty fast . The problem is that mesh has to heal .

That sucks buddy. I had the same procedure done on 1/2 . I actually had an ingenial fixed also. It still is sore from time to time. The mesh the works. The um was no big deal. He cut under my belly button peeled it back fixed it. I laid out for a while around 8 weeks but it was more for the ingenial. Dannie had it done and was back pretty fast . The problem is that mesh has to heal .

Hopefully it doesn't take eight weeks. I was really wanting to get this cycled started. I been dieting down in preparation to do a bulk. I am down about 15 lbs and would hate to lose all that progress due to being out of commission for a few weeks.

Like I said the um was no big deal the other one I wouldn't wish on anybody. I'm pretty sure Dannie said he was back in a couple weeks. I feel your pain I was in cycle and had to stop.

Yea am glad I didn't start the cycle yet. I would have hated to waste a cycle for something like that. I guess I will just plan on continuing to diet down and shed a few more pounds before beginning my cycle.

I had one a year ago... I'm back and better than ever.. I was out of work for 3 weeks.. Back in the gym at 2 months working light... I'm not gonna lie the Phantom pain scared me to lift heavy.. But about 6 months later I was back at it on cycle.. It's very different from person to person.. Some people say they were only down for a few days.

I am gonna hope for only a few days. Been gathering everything I needed for this cycle dieting down and I was set to go for sept 1. Now I just need to see how my body is going to recover. How big of a hernia did you guys have? Mine is about the size of a small grape and can be pushed back through. I can feel the little tear in my abdominal wall.

man..

play it safe, let your body heal

sorry you had to go through this shit, best of luck

Bronson

IML Gear Cream!
I'm in the same boat.

I just wear a belt for support.

i have had a small one right now for about 9 months. i am getting it fixed this winter. it has not gotten any worse, and i have been on cycle and crushing prs the entire time, i am just extra careful. no heavy squats or deads for me.

i am putting mine off due to the down time required. i had an inguinal hernia repair a few years back and it was intense, much more than the umbilical one. i was out of the gym and work for about 3 months or more and still had some pain and discomfort when i returned. my surgery may have been different because it was an open repair and requires much more time to heal. the doc said this was best for the long term due to my active lifestyle. when i go to get the umbilical repair i will probably get the larascopic one because for this type of hernia its easier.

i have had a small one right now for about 9 months. i am getting it fixed this winter. it has not gotten any worse, and i have been on cycle and crushing prs the entire time, i am just extra careful. no heavy squats or deads for me.

i am putting mine off due to the down time required. i had an inguinal hernia repair a few years back and it was intense, much more than the umbilical one. i was out of the gym and work for about 3 months or more and still had some pain and discomfort when i returned. my surgery may have been different because it was an open repair and requires much more time to heal. the doc said this was best for the long term due to my active lifestyle. when i go to get the umbilical repair i will probably get the larascopic one because for this type of hernia its easier.

I am having the laproscopic umbilical hernia repair on the 28th. so i'll have to see how long I will be down after that am not waiting anymore time to get on this cycle.

Last edited:
A friend of mine was down for just 2 weeks after his.

I have one from years ago and it has never gotten worse. Been lifting heavy and hard for years. Maybe the size of a marble.

Had an inguinal hernia that kept getting worse years ago so I got the mesh patch for that one. Took 6 weeks to heal

Back