• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Coming back off a terrible injury

Wez

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I had a laminectomy and Discectomy L4 and L5. About 2 weeks ago. It went great no pain in calf's or in the lower back. I wanting to go back to dead lifting and squatting but he doctor told me to wait three months ugh. I thought about doing hack squats for alternative to back squats and rack pulls alternative to dead lifts. Are these good alternatives for three months?

I had a laminectomy and Discectomy L4 and L5. About 2 weeks ago. It went great no pain in calf's or in the lower back. I wanting to go back to dead lifting and squatting but he doctor told me to wait three months ugh. I thought about doing hack squats for alternative to back squats and rack pulls alternative to dead lifts. Are these good alternatives for three months?

Being a survivor of brutal neck and back injury's, I suggest you take it easy. When I finally decided to get back at after 5 years of pain, I spent four months doing body weight core exercises. To this day if I try and go to heavy on back squats or deadlifts, my L3&L4 say fuck you and the back goes out again.

Best of luck in your recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking from personal experience with your exact same problem in the exact same location I would also recommend following your doctor's orders. These three months may seem like a very long time to not train hard but it could be worse. If you do overdo it in the gym, and it is very easy to do even bearing that in mind, those three months can easily turn into a lot more than three. I would just stick with the exercises you are able to do safely. No reason to rush.

I had the C4/5 repaired in Feb 2014 wasn't cleared til July to get back at it

i used to race motocross a few years back (19-21ish) and i had a bike land on top me after i cleared a double. tell ya what, sitting up in a turtle shell trying to sleep is the worst thing ever.

Its amazing how in a blink of eye everything changes.

Last edited:
I would listen to the doc and just ease your way back in, don't push it too hard at first and move up very slowly. I haven't had surgery but had a lot of low back issues years ago. It took about 5 years for my back to return to full form. Best of luck!

Back