• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Training around a knee injury

XOTG85

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I tore my meniscus and will be having surgery in sept. I lost so much size on my quads just in three months of barley training legs. It's frustrating as fuck I can't run a cycle even tho I want to so bad. Anyone delt with this before?

I tore my meniscus and will be having surgery in sept. I lost so much size on my quads just in three months of barley training legs. It's frustrating as fuck I can't run a cycle even tho I want to so bad. Anyone delt with this before?

I have tools...
Seriously do every exercise to the max that you should be doing while down. There are many to do that do not put pressure on the meniscus. It will help you recover faster if you strengthen before the surgery.

Torn ACL here. I do leg press instead of squat, but everything else is fine. Need to find what works for you.

I have tools...
Seriously do every exercise to the max that you should be doing while down. There are many to do that do not put pressure on the meniscus. It will help you recover faster if you strengthen before the surgery.
Have you ever tore your acl?

Every time I do leg press i'm fine but limp around for days after.
Have you tried different leg positions? Back of sled, front of sled, narrow, side, etc?

Torn LCL and MCL not ACL. I don't know how I missed it, but it's still good. LCL was replaced with cadaver tendon and the MCL healed up with minor surgery.
Also torn meniscus and ruptured condyle cartilage that had to be rebuilt from my own body parts. When injuries exceed the norm for physical therapy, you need to request and constantly push for a Physiatrist to help get you some strength to help you get through one or more surgeries. Most insurances will not readily allow the physiatrist visits, but they will allow pain meds. Fuck them.

Torn LCL and MCL not ACL. I don't know how I missed it, but it's still good. LCL was replaced with cadaver tendon and the MCL healed up with minor surgery.
Also torn meniscus and ruptured condyle cartilage that had to be rebuilt from my own body parts. When injuries exceed the norm for physical therapy, you need to request and constantly push for a Physiatrist to help get you some strength to help you get through one or more surgeries. Most insurances will not readily allow the physiatrist visits, but they will allow pain meds. Fuck them.
Dam that's a lot of tears! I'm going to try different moves and find if even one exercise that works and do tons of sets.I thought a fuck load of deca would help but I only got puffy and fat with no relief.

IML Gear Cream!
Dam that's a lot of tears! I'm going to try different moves and find if even one exercise that works and do tons of sets.I thought a fuck load of deca would help but I only got puffy and fat with no relief.

Full contact sports are a bitch.
Spend some time researching how to strengthen your hip flexors/extensors, upper quads, hamstrings, and calves while having a meniscus tear. Leg lifts at all angles help strengthen. You can only do what you can do, so make the best of it. I hope surgery comes quicker, but see what you can do in the meantime.

Full contact sports are a bitch.
Spend some time researching how to strengthen your hip flexors/extensors, upper quads, hamstrings, and calves while having a meniscus tear. Leg lifts at all angles help strengthen. You can only do what you can do, so make the best of it. I hope surgery comes quicker, but see what you can do in the meantime.
Thanks big R

I know this does not help you before September, but meniscus surgery is a very easy recovery. You'll be back at it quicker than you think. I've been there, done that.

I know this does not help you before September, but meniscus surgery is a very easy recovery. You'll be back at it quicker than you think. I've been there, done that.
I know man can't wait to get it over with and lift moderate with my legs again

Yuppers ......tore my meniscus lateral and medial ...ended up get the meniscus implant ...it sucks not workin legs but it never stopped me from running blast and workin abs and upper body ....dont let the leg be an excuse not to blast and work everything else .......good luck with surgery

Yuppers ......tore my meniscus lateral and medial ...ended up get the meniscus implant ...it sucks not workin legs but it never stopped me from running blast and workin abs and upper body ....dont let the leg be an excuse not to blast and work everything else .......good luck with surgery
Thx brother

Had tris dame surgery not long ago. Malfeasance is right. Recovery was quicker than I thought. Started legs again a few weeks back. Lighter weights and perfect form, but it's better than I thought it'd be.

That injury played with my mind quite a bit pre-op...so I know where you're at right now.

Sent from my Z995 using Tapatalk

Damn auto-correct.. First sentence should read "had this same"

Sent from my Z995 using Tapatalk

Back