• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Lightweight training...

JRotten

Old
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Feeling like a car hit me after workouts. Looking for something lighter weight that will keep me engaged for about a month. Ideas?!

I like to go a little heavy on bench . Well heavy for me . Arms and shoulders are always light . Front lats raises are usually done with a bar and maybe bump to a 10 upright rows are the same . I get best results super setting with light weights. Side lats and bent rear delts are usually done with 20's . Curls are usually with a bar plus 10's , alternates maybe 30's . I don't usually go real heavy but I do a lot of sets 7x10's

Hey bro...look up "periodization training."

You may not have heard of it? LMK what you think?

Hey bro...look up "periodization training."

You may not have heard of it? LMK what you think?
I'm familiar with periodization and incorporate it. I'm looking for maybe a specific routine and 1rm ranges that will be challenging but given shoulders, wrists, and elbows a chance to recover.

Another method that might be helpful is Doug Brignole's training program. Has a specific list of exercises that really target and isolate the muscle. He does 6-12 sets per muscle group, here's the catch, 1st set starts of at 50 reps, then 40, 30, 20, 10, 5. Pyramiding up in weight each set. The lactic acid buildup is a bitch to get
through..

I actually tried that dynamic set training from the crap you see on TV and to be honest I kinda like it, my work-outs are geared more to the high rep low range anyway for my desired look, one day when I grow up I will look like Jrotten and GDAWG, maybe even Heavy and Spiney, but if I get that big I better get a bouday to clean my ass because I probally wont be able to reach it with my hand!!!!!! LOL

I think I'm gonna stick to barbell and dumbbell complexes for a few weeks with a tabata session on the rowing machine afterwards. Full body quick workouts that kick my non cardio capacity having ass. I'll look into those super high rep workouts too. That's something I've never done that might help to refocus me. Sounds like a good way to spend a cruise.

I think I'm gonna stick to barbell and dumbbell complexes for a few weeks with a tabata session on the rowing machine afterwards. Full body quick workouts that kick my non cardio capacity having ass. I'll look into those super high rep workouts too. That's something I've never done that might help to refocus me. Sounds like a good way to spend a cruise.

This is a good start! I use the rower all the time. Considering its used in WODs but.. nonetheless...

Low weight, super high reps every once in awhile.

for me bench press doesnt work If do it regurarly and heavy i get injured because i have big reach.But i can do heavy shoulder presses i dont even do bench anymore :p

Just my $.02 if I may. Not advertising, but as a former PL now polylifter I have found this bench press training device called the SLINGSHOT to be extremely useful. Without elaborating you can google this, I recommend the original red one as it is stiffer and allow you to add 30-50 lbs to your 1 rep max instantly. The "overloading" idea promotes muscle growth for obvious reasons and the device itself protects against injury when going heavy. My typical bench press day will incorporate this for ALL sets @85% and up even for high rep days. I swear by this. BP gainz and muscle gainz are proven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back