• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Push day endurance..

WaterTurkey

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Looking for some routine tips to increase endurance on push day. It seems that regardless of whether or not I pin 3cc tren base, take a PWO, or go in raw my longevity on chest/shoulders compared to any other day is complete shit. I can hit high reps for my first set and then it immediately peters off. I have been doing more high intensity work, and utilizing numerous drop sets and burn outs in my lifts days. On my pull and leg days I can go at full intensity and hit my rep ranges no problem. However on my push day I can barely hit my rep range even when dropping substantial weight after the first few sets.

Obviously push movements are far more taxing than pull movements, but I just can't understand why I gas out so fast. It is an exponential difference between the routines.

Do any of you have any routine advice that may yield some increased longevity over time? My structure of 3 8-12 rep range sets, with a double drop set after the 3rd on all of my lifts seems to work wonders in other aspects of my routine... Just not chest/shoulders.

Do not take your first sets to the point that you can't get anymore reps

My push day looks like this
Incline bench press 4x6-10
Flat Bench press 4x6-10
cable crossovers low to high 3x10
cable crossovers high to low 3x10
Seated shoulder press 4x6-10
side lateral raises 4x10
rear DB flys 4-10
tricep rope push downs 4x10-12
Tricep overhead rope extensions 4x10-12

One day I'll do barbell presses and the next day I'll do DB presses for the chest
and some days I'll do skull crushers

Ive been using John Meadows approach for chest and shoulder days and it's helped with endurance a lot.

First exercise is usually a machine that is a tad higher reps and not nearly to failure.

Second set is the heavy set like bb or db pressing

Third set is similar to second set but with a couple drops at the end.

Last set is a stretch set like flies or stretch push ups.

Then move to shoulders focusing on side and rear Delt movements since front delts get incorporated a lot with pressing movements from the chest sets. So a chest/shoulder day would look kinda like

Machine chest press 15,12,10,8
Bb bench 12,10,8,8
Incline db press sets of 8 moving up in weight until you can't get eight
Stretch pushups 3 sets to failure
Side lateral 4 sets to failure then 8 partial reps after failure
Machine shoulder press Sets of 8 with 10 second hold on last rep while training partner applies resistance
Rear Delt destroyer set
Banned spider crawls

Call it a wrap.

Back