• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Update on shoulder

stockpott

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Went for X-ray and ultra sound today. Next step is orthopedic doc who has special interest in sports rehab... Pain is increasing in flat bench and and over head press. All other movements are fine... I'll update as I know more

Push the ortho for an MRI.

Also, don't forget...if you injured your shoulder (or any other bodypart), and place demands on it that it cannot handle, it is going to hurt. It might not be ready for overhead activity yet. May need more time or some other intervention?

Injuries suck, and can take a long time to recover. One thing I see "too" much of is guys not stretching or warming up properly prior to training. Just wake up, drive to the gym and start lifting heavy. Never having established good habits, they increase risk of injury.

Good luck bro

That's not bad for an Ortho those guys are usually booked a couple months in advance.

really? I can get into both my regular ortho and my ortho oncologist within a week...same day if something really hurts

- - - Updated - - -

and, to add to that..my regular ortho is considered very good..my ortho oncologist is considered one of the best in the world...

really? I can get into both my regular ortho and my ortho oncologist within a week...same day if something really hurts

- - - Updated - - -

and, to add to that..my regular ortho is considered very good..my ortho oncologist is considered one of the best in the world...

My knee doc is one of best in world - office visits are 60+ days out unless you pay cash. My ankle doc has written the book on ankle and foot surgery for the past 15yrs - 3week wait min - as recurring patient, with 4 month wait as new patient.

Injuries suck, and can take a long time to recover. One thing I see "too" much of is guys not stretching or warming up properly prior to training. Just wake up, drive to the gym and start lifting heavy. Never having established good habits, they increase risk of injury.

Good luck bro

Thats a new one. Every ortho, trainer, therapist(physical or occupational), artilcle, etc has always said that stretching should Bly be done after heavy lifting to prevent injury. Pre-lifting stretches weaken the connecting structures and leave you more injury prone.

This ^^^ is what I've always abided by myself as well..

I don't stretch till pw. I do warm ups with light 10lb plates in each hand to loosen up my wrecked shoulders. After 7 shoulder surgeries (you heard that right) I've learned a lot from physical therapists. And none of them stretch you til after your exercises.

Back