• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

After 25 years

independent

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I quit my job. Man what an emotional decision this was. I just got tired of managment and didnt like the direction the company was going. At my new job I wont have to manage employees anymore and its a solid company. Ive known my new manager for 9 years, I met him when he interviewed me when I wanted to leave then but wasnt ready, so at least I have some history at the new place. I was second guessing my decision up to the last minute but I knew if I didnt take the opportunity it probably wouldnt present it self again. The good part is, I was told there always would be a position waiting for me at my old job if it didnt work out, that was a good feeling considering I caused an organizational shake up. A lot of top players couldnt believe they let me walk out the door. Im taking a little less money but the bonus and pension make up some of it back. I think I have room to grow and the new company is really excited to have me. The hardest part was telling everyone and finally walking out the door, lots of tears. I just have to think positive and move foward, I find myself dwelling on the past because im leaving my comfort zone and I need to remind myself why I decided to leave. Anyways I took a few days off before I start to decompress and im just gonna look foward not back.

So is life, Bodybuilding and relationships. Tough to make change but moving forward is the only steps that should be taken. Sounds like my life in so many moves I have made to be successful.
Best of luck Bigmoe.

Best of luck Moe! Sounds like you made the right decision. No one likes change but most of the time it's the best thing to do especially since you felt so strongly.

Im still sitting here wondering what in the hell did I just do, lol. What was nice yesterday when I got home, I got a call from my new boss asking if everything was ok and telling me how excited he was to have me. I know hes overloaded and really needs someone to lighten his load but his timing was impecable. Hes in a similar situation I was in, hes bascially doing everything with very little help, but he likes his job and the company. Thanks guys the positive affirmation, its what I need.

Man, I did not know that bathroom attendants had so many job opportunities out there.

Good move Moe, there's nothing worse than busting your ass for a company that seems like the powers to be are just letting it crumble beneath you. It sucks. If your even half the peach IRL as you are on these boards I'm sure you will do fine, good luck.....:coffee:

Congrats on the new gig Moe. Enjoy it. Always stressful but usually new jobs end up better than the old ones. Best of luck

Congrats man! I'm in a similar situation, but haven't landed a new job yet.

At this point, I care more about culture/fit than I do about money.

Nerves rattled , unsureness at all time hi and change ......u will be fine bro give it a week or 2 ....

I quit my job. Man what an emotional decision this was. I just got tired of managment and didnt like the direction the company was going. At my new job I wont have to manage employees anymore and its a solid company. Ive known my new manager for 9 years, I met him when he interviewed me when I wanted to leave then but wasnt ready, so at least I have some history at the new place. I was second guessing my decision up to the last minute but I knew if I didnt take the opportunity it probably wouldnt present it self again. The good part is, I was told there always would be a position waiting for me at my old job if it didnt work out, that was a good feeling considering I caused an organizational shake up. A lot of top players couldnt believe they let me walk out the door. Im taking a little less money but the bonus and pension make up some of it back. I think I have room to grow and the new company is really excited to have me. The hardest part was telling everyone and finally walking out the door, lots of tears. I just have to think positive and move foward, I find myself dwelling on the past because im leaving my comfort zone and I need to remind myself why I decided to leave. Anyways I took a few days off before I start to decompress and im just gonna look foward not back.

Were you working for McDonald's or Burger King?

Im still sitting here wondering what in the hell did I just do, lol. What was nice yesterday when I got home, I got a call from my new boss asking if everything was ok and telling me how excited he was to have me. I know hes overloaded and really needs someone to lighten his load but his timing was impecable. Hes in a similar situation I was in, hes bascially doing everything with very little help, but he likes his job and the company. Thanks guys the positive affirmation, its what I need.
I parted ways back in January. Started my own company. I still wake up most days wondering wtf I'm doing lol. Life has a way of working out the way it's supposed to though. When I think of all the things I left or lost with remorse or worry I have to remember all the things I wouldn't have if I didn't.

I've made a lot of crazy career moves over the last 8 years. I left a 12 year career back in 2007 because my stress level was starting to exceed my income level and I decided to try law enforcement for two years. After that mistake I ended up back in the corporate world doing a similar job that I had left two years prior. I quit that job after 4 years and worked as an independent distributor very briefly. The idea of working for myself after putting up with the corporate bullshit sounded appealing to me but there was even more bullshit and headaches involved in the distributor business so I ended up bailing out on that before I invested my money in the route. A year later I'm back in the corporate world working for a very good international company that values work/life balance. I'm not thrilled to be back in the corporate world but after trying a couple different things and having them not work out I'm not willing to risk trying anything else at this point. I wouldn't change any decision that I made up to this point as they have led me to where I am now. The key for me is to maintain a good attitude and not allow my negativity to take over because the older I get the less patience I have in dealing with corporate bullshit, kiss-asses, and office politics. Good luck to you, bigmoe, and congrats on your decision. There's something very liberating about taking things into your own hands and taking control of your choices.

geez Moe, i thought u was getting divorced, i was going to congratulate you....

All I wanna know is did you burn any bridges? You know, bitch slap the boss on the way out....

Congrats Big Moe. Make the DRSE proud :thumb: the new company pay for your gmp gears?

Congrats man! I'm in a similar situation, but haven't landed a new job yet.

At this point, I care more about culture/fit than I do about money.

so pretty much nobody will hire you is what your saying??

Dear Moses,
I know it was tough after 25 years of saying "Welcome to WalMart" while sitting on a stool and handing out rusted carts to white trash daily..

I'm sure your new job as a gas station day lead will bring the utmost happiness to your life..

Congrats:):)

so pretty much nobody will hire you is what your saying??
No, I'm saying that I've applied to 3 jobs. Walked out of first interview knowing it was a bad fit. Other 2 interviews were pretty good (including yesterday's). Got job offer for the 1st of the 2 good interview spots. However, the money is really low - like $30k/year less after you factor in commute costs. I'm hoping the other job comes thru and I can bid them against each other.

takes a pair of big fuzzy balls to make a move like that..

props, and congrats man

All I wanna know is did you burn any bridges? You know, bitch slap the boss on the way out....
According to the C.O.O I didnt burn my bridge, and I did tell him what I thought of my boss.
takes a pair of big fuzzy balls to make a move like that..

props, and congrats man
My balls were fuzzy from rolling around in my wifes purse.

Back