• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Mr, Universe 1992 overall winner.

slyonepunch

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Want to watch a short clip?
Here’s André Charette, my first bodybuilding trainer 23 years ago. He won Mr. Universe in 1992.
We use to train together at Flex Gym in Beloeil city. Ah the good old time! 20 years later, on his way back to the top...

Good luck brother,
Ps: I still have your lifting belt with me!!!

http://youtu.be/Go-1JlZ8j9A

I was 1 lucky mofo back then, my bodybuilding coach was André Charette, Mr, Universe and the sensei who leads me to my black belt was Jean Frenette 5 time’s world karate champion, WAKO. Jean teach me at l’école Arc-En-Ciel school in Ste-Julie. I’ve start at 6 years old!!!
You can watch him in action here. http://youtu.be/cxFj6JlXpfs

sick bro, how long you been in the game?? i bet you got some good stories!

Start Karate at 6 and Turn black belt at 17, start kick-boxing then MMA at 19. Been a fighter for 18 years. On other hand, doing bodybuilding since I'm 17 but add to slow down while fighting because I use to put meat on really easily. (I'm not an ectomorph for sure!) When putting too much meat on my frame, I was fucked up with my weight class...

Since then, I'm a personal trainer and got a degree in nutrition, I train peoples for both MMA and BB. Also work in my office as nutritionist.

Got tons of stories to tell, maybe in the upcoming days or week!

Last edited:
are you still fighting? so which do you love more, MMA or BB!?. In for stories.

I'm done with fighting, I'm 40 now and the training for MMA was just insane... 2-3 dif style/day striking on the am (muay thai, boxing, kick boxing and some karate) and ground game on pm (wrestling, krav maga bjj and judo) 6-7 days/week.

Also, my joints are killing me so, I switch to bodybuilding and it's easy for me. My body gets to is natural max (or close to it) before I start running gears. I was a tested athlete so it was no joke with juicing back then. Even Var was out of question at that time!!!

Want to watch a short clip?
Here’s André Charette, my first bodybuilding trainer 23 years ago. He won Mr. Universe in 1992.
We use to train together at Flex Gym in Beloeil city. Ah the good old time! 20 years later, on his way back to the top...

Good luck brother,
Ps: I still have your lifting belt with me!!!

http://youtu.be/Go-1JlZ8j9A
Great to see he's still pushing the weights 20 years later! Are you still in contact with him?

You had some great trainers. It's true what they say - "No such thing as bad students, only bad teachers," and it looks like you had some of the best.

Great to see he's still pushing the weights 20 years later! Are you still in contact with him?

You had some great trainers. It's true what they say - "No such thing as bad students, only bad teachers," and it looks like you had some of the best.

Been lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time! My father was making some serious money at that time and when my brother or I had a request, he put us in touch with some of the best.
My brother was more attracted by skiing and my father treats him with some private lesson with Lloyd Langlois, an Olympic medalist!!!
As for Mr Charette, He’s now living in Granby. It’s funny cause I went there several time last summer with my kids. (Zoo and aqua park) I plan to meet him this spring for a bad ass training session!

Back