PDA

View Full Version : Powerbuilding Routine: What Do You Think?

DieStrongDianabol
05-31-2015, 05:21 PM
Hey whats up. I am a Powerlifter but I also love training for size in a bodybuilding style. I do not have any exact percentages with my main lifts, but I go heavy on these within the 3-5 rep range and self program as I see fit. Bench sucks so I currently pressing more often. One regular bench day, a wide grip day, and a close grip day then Ill train arms or shoulders after.

Best Lifts
485 squat
360 bench
635 deadlift

SUNDAY- Bench
Bench Press Top Set
DB Incline Bench Press 3 Sets
Tricep Excercise 3 sets
Bicep Excercise 3 Sets

MONDAY- Deadlift
Deadift Top Set
Glute Exercise/Back Extension
Hamstring Curls 5 sets
Leg Extensions 5 sets

TUESDAY-Arms
Close-Grip Bench Press (Reps)
Biceps 5+ sets
Triceps 5+ sets

WEDNESDAY-Upper Back
Barbell Rows
Lat Pulldowns
Low Row
Kroc Rows
Wide Grip Shrugs With Straps

THURSDAY- Shoulder
Wide Grip Bench Press
Overhead Press 5 sets
Delt Raises, various angles, front, side, rear, etc

FRIDAY- Squat
Low Bar Squats Top Set
Squat Variation (high bar, box, deadlift stance, etc.)
Leg Presses 3 sets
Leg Extensions 4 sets
Leg Curls 4 sets
Calves 4 sets

This is my current training program and I am seeing good results with this. I generally rotate exact training movements every 2 or 3 weeks give or take. Any advice to give for more results? This is an adaptation of Matt Kroczaleskis training routine from his movie "intensity". :jerkit:

Drugs
I am currently in a "cruise" but when I blast this fall I imagine I will multiply my results pretty well with this template. I take a low dose of test 100mg, and a take creatine and beta alanine everyday.
NPP+Anadrol+A Gram of test;)

Would like to hear veteran bodybuilders and powerlifter critiques!

Let me know what you think!:thinking:

DieStrongDianabol

McDouche
05-31-2015, 05:56 PM
It's a lot of work. That's not bad, just make sure you're keeping the calories and rest up or you'll be hurting. It might not hurt to throw in a deload week from time to time. When training hard like that, I find my strength and mass jump following a deload.

Have a plan to cycle reps/weights so that you're not working up to the same max every week.

DieStrongDianabol
05-31-2015, 06:57 PM
Will do. I could honestly eat more than I have been. Ill look into some actual programming for my lifts too. Thanks for you input man

Console
07-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Looks like a standard BB split with a focus on the power lifts. Not bad, but if I were you I would look into something similar to standard West Side/Conjugate training, and just add BB accessory work to the dynamic effort/speed days (like different delt stuff, calves, etc) and then focus on super high volume work on your max effort days (rest-pause works like a charm). The cool thing about conjugate is that you aren't just doing the same shit every week, you usually don't use the same lift on a max effort day for 6 weeks or longer (so you might flat bench this week, incline bench next week, close grip the week after, banded bench the week after, board press, etc etc etc) so you keep yourself from burning out/keep shit interesting. Definitely a favorite routine for me when I'm on cycle (it works off cycle too, but it takes a bit of tweaking with the volume).

Some good write ups:
http://www.westside-barbell.com/index.php/the-westside-barbell-university/articles-by-louie-simmons/articles-published-in-2013/291-the-conjugate-method
http://www.syattfitness.com/westside-barbell/the-westside-barbell-conjugate-method-a-users-guide/

and some criticisms:
http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/westside/

I'm not telling you change up your routine entirely or anything (unless you really want to), but using some of the west side philosophies like rotating lifts every week and doing dynamic effort work could definitely take you more into the world of powerlifting and give you a lot of strength gains (and we all know strength = size).

GrilledCheddar
12-22-2015, 07:55 AM
Found this after searching for some kind of power building routine. After recommendation from several people I look up to I will be taking 2016 as time to build more size and guarantee a LHW build for 2017 season. With that being the case, I'm focusing on building more foundation and about 15 more pounds of LBM. Wondering how you liked the split you mentioned above and if it worked well for you.