• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

First Blast - Taper or all in?

Bramage

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
When starting TRT it is my understanding that the body takes a few weeks to balance as the natural production of T slows down and you begin to adapt to the new test level.

My question is this: If you go on a blast, does this same transition period occur? Is there any benefit of slowly increasing dosage or is it typical to just up the dose for the blast period and then drop off sharply at the end? Any ill effects of this method?

For the sake of this question, lets assume TRT is 200ml/wk and the blast is 500ml/week

Yep, I do twice a week. Thanks!! I am one of those sick individuals that likes poking myself. I do my HCG twice a week too.. just for the joy (and really just to keep track)

When starting TRT it is my understanding that the body takes a few weeks to balance as the natural production of T slows down and you begin to adapt to the new test level.

My question is this: If you go on a blast, does this same transition period occur? Is there any benefit of slowly increasing dosage or is it typical to just up the dose for the blast period and then drop off sharply at the end? Any ill effects of this method?

For the sake of this question, lets assume TRT is 200ml/wk and the blast is 500ml/week
It takes approx 4 weeks for the test to 'saturate' and s abilize levels in your blood. Tapering will only extend the time it takes to do this. Some people will double dose at the very beginning to front load the process, but thats as far as tapering goes.

Front load.. Yummy!!! :) It will be a while before I do this (if I can hold myself back- which frankly is doubtful) but collecting this information now to be prepared. Thanks! So if Blast was 500ml, would a front load be 2X or is that too much? Maybe 750 Thanks for the insight!

Edit - You said double..DOH I missed that first pass. :winkfinger:

Last edited:
Yeah. Just go right to 500mg per week. If your already at 200mg per week it isn't that much of a jump anyway. And like Guillotine already stated. It takes a few weeks for things to get into swing before you will start "feeling" the effects of the increase.

What's your reason for doing HCG if you are on TRT?

Keeps your balls around. Any exogenous test (of TRT dose or greater) will drive LH & FSH to zero and the balls shrink and retract, in most of us anyway.

Front load.. Yummy!!! :) It will be a while before I do this (if I can hold myself back- which frankly is doubtful) but collecting this information now to be prepared. Thanks! So if Blast was 500ml, would a front load be 2X or is that too much? Maybe 750 Thanks for the insight!

Edit - You said double..DOH I missed that first pass. :winkfinger:

Yeah it's easy enough to just double the dose in the first week. It will have your blood levels up to your target level quickly rather than waiting 4+ weeks. Play around with http://steroidplot.com/ to get a sense of how your levels will look at certain doses.

Keeps your balls around. Any exogenous test (of TRT dose or greater) will drive LH & FSH to zero and the balls shrink and retract, in most of us anyway.

Yeah it's easy enough to just double the dose in the first week. It will have your blood levels up to your target level quickly rather than waiting 4+ weeks. Play around with http://steroidplot.com/ to get a sense of how your levels will look at certain doses.
Correct. Although not required, hcg will help the testes maintain some functionality. This in the event that you may want to come off trt for any number of reasons. The protocol itself varies. I've spoken with some trt docs that say its not needed, another stated they add an hcg blast every couple months, and I've also heard of people that run it year round.

Side note - I believe I read somewhere that hcg also maintains pregnolone levels. Not sure if this is accurate.

Exactly. I just don't understand why some guys are infatuated with maintaining their nut size. If you're on TRT [which I am], it's pointless, other than for aesthetic reasons.

IML Gear Cream!
Just keep in mind some guys on trt are very young and haven't had kids yet. So that would be a good reason to include hcg.

I see it more than an issue of vanity. I believe the testes produce more than just testosterone. Whether you include it or not really depends on how you feel and bloodwork. It should only be used if needed. Otherwise it will cause estrogen issues and increase cost and inconvenience.

Ball size is no issue here. But then again. I'm married and have been with my wife for 20 yrs.

If I was on the dating scene, I could see how it would be a problem.

I just discussed the importance of ball size with my wife. She said it's a topic that's never come up between her and her girlfriends. Penis size, of course, ball size, no.

I see your point regarding HCG's role in male fertility. I guess I was only looking at it from a 44 year old man's perspective that doesn't want children.

If I was on the dating scene, I could see how it would be a problem.

That's precisely it. The aesthetics/vanity thing is actually pretty important unless you're married and you and your wife are both kinda going to pot together. :)

I've found that that most chicks respond badly to missing balls and start asking very pointed questions. If you're trying to keep your gear use a secret, that gets tricky.

True. I guess I'd be more conscious of my shriveled raisins if I were single. ;)

I just discussed the importance of ball size with my wife. She said it's a topic that's never come up between her and her girlfriends. Penis size, of course, ball size, no.

Maybe ball size doesn't matter, but *missing* balls... ask your wife and her gf's about that. Lol. When they shrink and retract, they're basically missing. I know it doesn't happen to everyone but def is my problem. HCG is a nice fix.

For me: smaller balls would be a good thing, however, I am of the understanding that the HCG maintains "some" natural production of T meaning: I have more total Testosterone with HCG than without. Other threads have referenced 50-100 higher when doing bloods w/ HCG. I can say it is expensive...

Is it worth all the trouble for an extra 100ng? If you have quality gear you should be in the thousands.

It only maintains the production of test because it stimulates LH to trick the body into producing test. This is why your balls plump up. But Luke you said, the bump in test levels is insignificant.

If you want higher test, just bump your dose.

Back