• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

The Guillotine personal accountability log

Guillotine

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Time to log my workouts somewhere other than a notepad. Too easy to cheat if no accountability - at the beginning at least.

Currently on trt of 150/week test cyp (Mon, Thu). Did a pct per Dr orders, but test didn't rebound, I was irritable as shit, and said "fuck it" - so back to trt. Currently on 2iu HGH 5on/2off protocol

Diet at this point will be keto.

Stats:
Height 6'3" (per last Dr check - goes between 6'2-6'4 depending on which Dr checks)
Weight: 289.6lbs (as of this am - pigged out this weekend)
Bf %: too high
Goal: fat loss

Workouts are at 0500 local time. MMA classes/fights are Mon night and Sat morning.

Medical issues:
Previously torn rotator cuff (healed, but still suspect)
Reconstructed ankle (basketball)
Reconstructed wrist (motorcycle crash)
Severed ACL (still torn, surgery in Aug)

Monday, 25 May 2015

5 supersets with 2min rest between supersets:

Incline Barbell 135x10 (2nd round was 155x10, but couldn't get past 7 @ 155 in round 3, so backed down to 135)
Side Lateral Raise 15x10
Bent Over Bumbbell Row 55x10
Barbell Curl 50x10
Standing Rope Tricep Extension 44x10

By round 4 I was dying, and getting 10 reps on each exercise was brutal in round 5. Main problem was the incline - felt no chest engagement (all shoulder - my typical chest barbell problem).

Shoulders so weak, I couldn't shake the shaker bottle for first 10min after workout.

subbed

can you elaborate on the T not bouncing back? what's the history?

try exhausting your shoulders before the incline

subbed

can you elaborate on the T not bouncing back? what's the history?

try exhausting your shoulders before the incline
History: diagnosed low T in 2012 (215ish). Trt blast and cruise since then. Last blast ended 8weeks ago when Dr told me to get off trt before ACL surgery.
Never having done PCT before, I asked around, did some reading, and did 6weeks of Nolva. Got labs. Test was 78 with LH and FSH at basically 0. Everyone around me said I was a ticking time bomb ready to go off temperamentally, so I said screw it and am doing moderate trt dose for me. At 200/week of Watson I am usually at upper normal, so at 150 should be in middle range. Will get labs in 5 weeks to check.

I've tried pre-exhausting shoulders, and it works somewhat, but then I have no stability on DB exercises. I need to find a competent trainer who can watch me and explain WTF is going on.

Time to grind guillotine.....lets make shit happen now bro:winkfinger:

Time to grind guillotine.....lets make shit happen now bro:winkfinger:
Damn right. Gonna have 9months away from the sparring mats, so time to bring something new to the dojo post op.

Tuesday, 26 May 2015

Time in:0515
Time out: 0557

Cardio day - intervals of 3slow, 3medium, 1high. 5 rounds. Done on treadmill. Was worried the knee wouldn't hold up, but the knee braces seemed to help.

Still working out the kinks in the diet - too much protein, not enough fat.

I like the idea of this log. I was thinking of doing the same this summer to push myself more and cut down on the cheat meals

I like the idea of this log. I was thinking of doing the same this summer to push myself more and cut down on the cheat meals
Aye - that's part of my thinking too. Plus it gives me a place to have the data for future use in case the dog chews up my training notebook...again

IML Gear Cream!
Great to see the log brother!

Looks like you have some injuries to work around.

Great to see the log brother!

Looks like you have some injuries to work around.
Thanks, Heavy! Yeah. The injuries suck, which is why I'm hoping the low dose HGH helps (along with the ACL repair, obviously).

Much like our boxing compatriot Mr Bronson on here, I'm an old fighter trying to keep up with the young pups. I need to get back to acing the PT exam shape.

History: diagnosed low T in 2012 (215ish). Trt blast and cruise since then. Last blast ended 8weeks ago when Dr told me to get off trt before ACL surgery.

I had my ACL done about 20 years ago. I feel for ya man. It sucks walking around with a torn ACL. The knee has shit for stability with a torn ACL. Why does the doctor want you off TRT before the surgery? I'm not saying you should go against the doctors orders but that sounds kind of obsurd to me. I remember before my surgery they wanted me to keep the muscles in my leg as strong as I could leading up to the surgery to help with a faster recovery post op. To me I think TRT would kind of help this.. Especially after during rehab. Hang in there man and be sure to keep up on your physical therapy. I had mine done a long time ago so I'm not sure how they do it now but I had quite a bit of atrophy in my quad afterward. I had to keep weight of it for a while and had my leg in a machine that moved the knee back and forth to stretch the new ligament. It will come back faster than you think but be sure to keep at it. Good luck brother..

I had my ACL done about 20 years ago. I feel for ya man. It sucks walking around with a torn ACL. The knee has shit for stability with a torn ACL. Why does the doctor want you off TRT before the surgery? I'm not saying you should go against the doctors orders but that sounds kind of obsurd to me. I remember before my surgery they wanted me to keep the muscles in my leg as strong as I could leading up to the surgery to help with a faster recovery post op. To me I think TRT would kind of help this.. Especially after during rehab. Hang in there man and be sure to keep up on your physical therapy. I had mine done a long time ago so I'm not sure how they do it now but I had quite a bit of atrophy in my quad afterward. I had to keep weight of it for a while and had my leg in a machine that moved the knee back and forth to stretch the new ligament. It will come back faster than you think but be sure to keep at it. Good luck brother..
Its funny - it tore while sparring. I bowed out for 5 min and then went back in. Had issues pivoting, but no problems laterally or forward/backward. Didn't change my routine with lifting or martial arts for 3 months until I had the MRI.

I'm doing more reps of lighter weight because its probably not brilliant to do 1100lb leg presses with that kind of injury, so doing 800lb presses for 20-25reps instead.

The TRT thing must be him not wanting elevated liver or blood results on labs. I'm ignoring it and going to do low/med trt dosing.

Thanks, Heavy! Yeah. The injuries suck, which is why I'm hoping the low dose HGH helps (along with the ACL repair, obviously).

Much like our boxing compatriot Mr Bronson on here, I'm an old fighter trying to keep up with the young pups. I need to get back to acing the PT exam shape.

i tore my ACL too man, shitty break brother..

feel for you man, but not the end of the world

we have to train around our injuries, you know that..

i fought MMA in a cage the promoter had slapped together for the event

the mats were thick and soft, id wobbled my guy and pushed him into the fence.. i launched a right hand, and with the mats so thick and soft, instead of my heel able to pivot the way it should, it sunk into the mats and stuck there - my knee twisted on top of my tibia and tore to shreds.. ( for non fighters, think of throwing a fastball - how the heel of your rear foot comes up off the ground and pivots as your body twist) so instead of my foot being able to pivot, fucking leg twisted at the knee. ouch.

passed on surgery, they were suggesting spare parts from a cadaver..

i went for physical therapy with the prognosis for recovery being that i was probably all done with athletics without having the surgery.. id just re-injure a lax joint.

i spent 8 mos rehabbing my knee, almost a year passed by before i was back in the ring. oh yeah, and i married my doctor.

best injury, ever.

train around that shit, its just one more thing...

and thats the best part of being an old bastard - you already know what to do brother!

Bronson

i tore my ACL too man, shitty break brother..

feel for you man, but not the end of the world

we have to train around our injuries, you know that..

i fought MMA in a cage the promoter had slapped together for the event

the mats were thick and soft, id wobbled my guy and pushed him into the fence.. i launched a right hand, and with the mats so thick and soft, instead of my heel able to pivot the way it should, it sunk into the mats and stuck there - my knee twisted on top of my tibia and tore to shreds.. ( for non fighters, think of throwing a fastball - how the heel of your rear foot comes up off the ground and pivots as your body twist) so instead of my foot being able to pivot, fucking leg twisted at the knee. ouch.

passed on surgery, they were suggesting spare parts from a cadaver..

i went for physical therapy with the prognosis for recovery being that i was probably all done with athletics without having the surgery.. id just re-injure a lax joint.

i spent 8 mos rehabbing my knee, almost a year passed by before i was back in the ring. oh yeah, and i married my doctor.

best injury, ever.

train around that shit, its just one more thing...

and thats the best part of being an old bastard - you already know what to do brother!

Bronson
Yeah, I'm passing on the cadaver ligament also, but still doing the surgery using one of my own ligaments. Linger recovery, but better long term prognosis. Besides PT gives me another excuse to do kegs (my fav body part to train).

Yeah, I'm passing on the cadaver ligament also, but still doing the surgery using one of my own ligaments. Linger recovery, but better long term prognosis. Besides PT gives me another excuse to do kegs (my fav body part to train).

ha!!!

yeah my knee is still lax when she performs modalities to check ligaments.. i used a "chopat strap" in the ring, never in training though.. it tightens up the joint, but using it too much stretches the ligaments even further.. so only wore it for actual fights. when i opted out of surgery, was told the first instance of any trauma would likely result in a complete tear, game over without surgery.. its just dumb luck i never ended up putting pressure on it and finished tearing it up. i make it to september - will have proved my doctor (my wife) wrong.

i swam everyday for cardio as soon as the leg immobilizer came off, put on a neoprene brace and spent an hour a day in the pool..

went from there to being able to use a stationary bike, eventually worked up to a stair climber and nautilus machines..

to be honest, that year of recovery let all these other little injures heal and really gave my body a break. looking back on it , i have to wonder if some part of my longevity in this sport is due to having spent that year to rehab my knee, and in doing so, just letting my body have a break to heal everything up

keep your positive attitude and do your PT, push where you can - rest when your supposed to.

most of all be patient and give your body time to do its thing..

us old fuckers have to stick together, pulling for you brother..

ha!!!

yeah my knee is still lax when she performs modalities to check ligaments.. i used a "chopat strap" in the ring, never in training though.. it tightens up the joint, but using it too much stretches the ligaments even further.. so only wore it for actual fights. when i opted out of surgery, was told the first instance of any trauma would likely result in a complete tear, game over without surgery.. its just dumb luck i never ended up putting pressure on it and finished tearing it up. i make it to september - will have proved my doctor (my wife) wrong.

i swam everyday for cardio as soon as the leg immobilizer came off, put on a neoprene brace and spent an hour a day in the pool..

went from there to being able to use a stationary bike, eventually worked up to a stair climber and nautilus machines..

to be honest, that year of recovery let all these other little injures heal and really gave my body a break. looking back on it , i have to wonder if some part of my longevity in this sport is due to having spent that year to rehab my knee, and in doing so, just letting my body have a break to heal everything up

keep your positive attitude and do your PT, push where you can - rest when your supposed to.

most of all be patient and give your body time to do its thing..

us old fuckers have to stick together, pulling for you brother..
Thanks man! Doing the PT is a no brainer. Its the *only* doing PT that will likely be the problem!

Have you considered trying TB500 to aide in injury(s) healing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get Shredded!
Have you considered trying TB500 to aide in injury(s) healing?

I'm not really up on my peptides, but don't they need to be injected in the injured area? Not sure how that works for a severed ACL

I'm not really up on my peptides, but don't they need to be injected in the injured area? Not sure how that works for a severed ACL

I don't believe so... Let me see if I can find some info for you..

Negative. Both TB500 and BPC-157 are both systematic. Direct spot injections are not required.

Negative. Both TB500 and BPC-157 are both systematic. Direct spot injections are not required.
And they do t require a bunch of corollary things to work? I remember looking and finding out I need x with DAC, then y without DAC then a hot blonde with no moral fiber, etc

No no. Only ghrps need that addition of a mod. Tb and bpc can both be ran solo

No no. Only ghrps need that addition of a mod. Tb and bpc can both be ran solo
Oh interesting. I shall have to research these items. Thank you both!

Ill try to nab some studies and reviews maner. Its totally subjective but Waters has a client on BPC and he had good recovery with a shoulder issue if my memory serves me correct

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Workout: Legs
Time in:0503
Time out: 0543

5 supersets of 5 exercises. 2 min rest between sets except between set 4 and set 5, where I needed 5min b/c of lower back pumps

All exercises with dumbbells. Set 1 used 30lb per hand, Sets 2-5 used 35 per hand.

Normal stance squat x10
Stiff leg deadlift x10 (set 4 only got 5 reps)
Sumo squats x10
Standing calf raise x10
Narrow squat x10

I *hate* stiff leg deads. I never feel the hamstrings and my lower back always feels like its dying. Its hours later, and my back still sore.

Legs were so wobbly after I had to use handrail to go down the stairs.

Still working out the food, but here is what I have so far:

Pre-WO: 1 hellfire capsule
Post-WO: 2 scoops whey isolate
Breakfast: 6 whole boiled eggs and 6oz mayonnaise
Lunch: 6oz jerk chicken dark meat (meat only weight)
Dinner: no idea.

Per myfitnesspal, I am at 125 protein and 164 fat and my keto goals are 115protein and 210fat. So, unless I chug olive oil, not sure how to get there... Will use ranch or something with the jerk chicken tomorrow to up fats with lunch, and go 5/5 egg/mayo for breakfast to make room for actual dinner (salmon + butter maybe?)

28 May 2015

18hr work day yesterday, followed by having a confirm call at 0115-0220 this morning means no sleep for me. Skipped the am workout on account of not being able to drag my carcass out of the house in time.

Sparring class tonight, and will see if I feel up to lifting after that. Otherwise, I will double up tomorrow (today is supposed to be chest/back, tomorrow cardio, so doubling up is doable).

Scale has moved 2.8lbs so far (down to 286.8), and I've moved 1 belt notch, so water weight is going.

Back