PDA

View Full Version : Another lab vendor: discountedlabs.com

chocolatemalt
05-17-2015, 03:39 AM
Hey all, I ran across another option for online labs that I hadn't seen mentioned here so here it is:

http://www.discountedlabs.com/compare/

That page conveniently goes to a chart with other vendors like privatemdlabs and (of course) paints discountedlabs in a favorable light. For the most part this seems legit -- many standalone assays such as lipids, E2 (LC/MS/MS), CMP can be cheaper, sometimes way cheaper, than what we're used to.

However there are precious few panels to choose from which is what most of us want. Also, no growth hormone serum... no way to do an HGH protocol. So honestly I'm not sure how useful this will be.

I do see one way it can help. Privatemdlabs has a "sensitive E2" assay that is $61 (after coupon), which is not only more expensive than the $38 one from discountedlabs, but also not LC/MS/MS which means it's not as accurate and possibly corruptible by CRPs (inflammation agents) due to recent or chronic injury. So if you're getting a LabCorp panel from privatemdlabs and want reliable E2 measurement, you can save $23 and get better results by throwing that one extra assay on top of it. I've had no trouble getting labs to do multiple orders in one sitting so this shouldn't be an issue.

The other beautiful side effect of that scheme is that the privatemdlab panels usually have the regular E2 assay, so you'll be able to see both the ECLIA and LC/MS/MS side-by-side and help gather more data on the usefulness or uselessness of ECLIA.

Anyone gone with these guys already?

heavyiron
05-17-2015, 05:57 PM
Looks like a decent option but once I added everything to the cart I needed for the Comprehensive Wellness Panel from Private MD Labs this place was more expensive. Might be good for some tests though.

chocolatemalt
05-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Not surprised. The panel offerings are almost nil, which isn't gonna work.

Just curious: What's the attraction to the Comprehensive Wellness Panel? Lipids? When interested, I've always added them onto one of the hormone panels since I'm always doing that anyways. Seemed like the cheapest option.

heavyiron
05-17-2015, 06:26 PM
Not surprised. The panel offerings are almost nil, which isn't gonna work.

Just curious: What's the attraction to the Comprehensive Wellness Panel? Lipids? When interested, I've always added them onto one of the hormone panels since I'm always doing that anyways. Seemed like the cheapest option.
Wife keeps telling me to go get labs. I have done some serious abuse this last year and pretty sure that's not going to end (the abuse) so I was thinking of getting labs this week. I'm also thinking its blast time so.......