• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Diet...Carb Cycling.. Help

CanadianTitan

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've got a video shoot in a month and my diet has come to a halt I'm not getting nearly the same results as I once was so I wanna start to carb cycle to really cut down. I've googled some info on it but not quite able to get it down pat. My buddy is only eating carbs before, during, and after his workout with a 50:50:50 ratio.. I'm also trying to figure out which the best split would be for the low carb and high carb days. Any advice on tweaking my diet to really lean out?

Weight: 197lbs
Height: 6'

Current Macros (Daily):
240g Protein
200g Complex Carbs
25g Simple Carbs (Fruit)
40g Added Fats

Training Schedule:
6 times x week
Hit everything twice x week (fuck overtraining)
Fasted cardio 30 min
Post workout cardio 30min

Go zero carbs for a month.
Gironda called that his maximum definition diet.
You could also check out his steak and eggs diet.
Good luck.

Cut out 40g protein and the 25 simple carbs. That will drop 260 cals alone and see what that does.

Scratch that, your already at 2100 cals a day. I wouldn't pull any more cals out. Post a pic up of your body. Your already on a very low cal program.

I would say drop the carbs by about 80 a day and add in a little extra fat in the form of MCT your body will burn it faster than long chain fatty acids since you're not used to using fat as a primary energy source, also I'd say since you are doing cardio 6x a week do some very light cardio on day 7 like a decent paced walk for a half an hour just to use some of the stored up carbs, the other suggestion would be dropping down to under 30 carbs a day and significantly increase fat intake for 5 or 6 days a week then reload your carbs again on the last 1-2 days of the week with lots of complex carbs and and only using simple carbs pre, intra, and post workout. That's just a general guideline that you can tweak to see how it affects your body, and also add animal's every day it'll hop a long way for recovery with low carbs.

I'd start by dropping about 80 grams of carbs a day and increasing fat intake in the form of MCT's, since your body will burn those faster than long chain fatty acids because you aren't used to a low carb diet. That being one option, you could also try dropping down to less than 30 carbs a day for 5-6 days and significantly increase fat intake to about 60-65% of your daily calories in that 5 day period. Then use the other day or two to load up on complex carbs and save simple carbs for pre, intra, and post workout only. Lots of red meat on this one. And if you are already doing cardio 6 days a week on the 7th day try adding in very low intensity cardio session for about 45 min. If you choose option 2, definitely supplement with amino's it will go a long way with recovery when you go low carb. I used beef amino's and saw a huge difference.

Back