• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Partial bicep tendon tear...

need2lift

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
MRI confirmed a tear in the bicep tendon. Dr.'s office had some gal call and give me the news but she couldn't explain much. I need to call the doctor back to have a real discussion. Anyway, looking for advice on treating this bitch so I can get back into the gym. This gal basically said she could not give me any guidance except to go to physical therapy. Although I believe physical therapy would help, I can't afford to take that much time off work. I'm also guessing it may drain my bank account. Either way I'm looking for advice here to help speed up the healing process. I'm open to about anything. Right now I've been out of the gym for the most part and not running anything at the moment.

I been dealing with orthopedics for yrs now and from what I've been told they will try to rehab u if the tendon is not completely torn...did she say partial thickness tear...I have 5 partial thickness years and they advised against surgery so I get a shot every 6 months or so and it hasn't affected my lifting...aggravating as hell sometimes... I honestly said fuck it and just started lifting again...so partial tears are def manageable...just get the doc to go over the MRI with u and if they say no surgery go to rehab,save ur cash cause u can do it yourself

There are so many things to consider here....severity of the structural damage will be a big part of that.

With regards to expense:

If you have good insurance, go out of network. Facilities that treat out of network get higher reimbursements. They will often times take the reimbursement from you as payment in full. This reduces your cost for copays and coinsurance. May even waive the deductible.

That is what I have done in the past.

Regards

Damn bro sorry to hear this. I hope whichever route you go you get better soon.

Had a partial tear in my pec. I benched a small PR about 8 weeks later.

I added increased the following:
Vitamin C
Animal Flex
BPC 157
TB500
MK677

Smart training and movement is better than complete rest. Avoid things that hurt but keep getting blood to the area.

Thanks for the feedback. Running BPC 157 at the moment. Nothing major to report as I need to get back into the gym to really tell if this stuff works.

Thanks for the feedback. Running BPC 157 at the moment. Nothing major to report as I need to get back into the gym to really tell if this stuff works.

My personal feeling is that peptides, GH, deca and what have you is all fine and dandy BUT its like driving to the home depot, loading up a bunch of illegals in the back of your pickup and bringing them to the jobsite for a reroofing project when the shingles and ice-n-water shield hasnt even been ordered.

I'm dealing with a partial quadriceps tendon tear right now. It is slight, but no squats for 6 weeks total and a follow up MRI. I'm off cycle with just Test Cyp, but I am supplementing with Anavar for the collagen increase.

Depends on tear size, age etc etc. I had a labrum tear in shoulder repaired 9 months that was almost a complete tear, surgery was only option. I'm 34 and said I should regain full motion back, which I did. However a few years older he said my chances of that would of been down around 40 percent less. Believe in surgery he scrapped some inflammation off biceps tendon and cut some other muscle in process as well.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back