• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Health foods worth mentioning

Elvia1023

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I enjoy a varied diet, love my food and also like to experiment. I take various things that can negatively effect my health so I try to counteract that when I can through my diet. I just wanted to briefly go over a few things many may find beneficial in adding to your diet. Most of these things I have never seen mentioned on here so figured I would. If anyone has used any or do in the future let me know how you find them. I will just copy and paste info to save time.

Organic Dried Inca Berries

•Organic Dried Inca / Incan Berries also known as Golden Berries
•Large Golden Berries, Sweet and Tart
•Rich in Dietary Fibre, Pectin, Vitamins and Minerals
•Contain the Two Essential Fatty Acids Linoleic and Oleic acid
•High In Protein, Antioxidants (Flavonoids), Vitamin A, Iron and Low Sugar Content for a Fruit

Inca berries have more kilojoules than dried apricots or sultanas thanks to a combination of carbs in the fruit and healthy fats in the tiny seeds.
Like other dried fruit, about half their weight is carbohydrates with a lot of natural sugars. They’re around 50 per cent sugars on a par with dried apricots.
For a fruit, they are surprisingly high in protein (6.4g per 100g), however, they’re not as high as goji which has 12g. Meat as a comparison is 20% protein.
At 19 per cent, they have the highest fibre content of all dried fruit. A handful delivers about 8g which is 27 per cent of the recommended daily intake for an adult. Most of the other dried fruits contain about 8g, although dried figs come a close second with 14.3g fibre. It’s all due to those tiny seeds.
Their potassium level equals that of apricots but they come up tops for their phosphorous content. There’s not much calcium (dried figs outshine them here and actually contain about 10 times more calcium than Incaberries).

Organic Baobab Powder

•Organic Baobab Powder from the pure, raw fruit (pods) of the African baobab tree
•Suitable for Vegans and Dairy, Gluten, Whey and Soy Free
•Baobab is a great source of Antioxidants, Vitamin C, Potassium, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium and Dietary Fibre
•Baobab is claimed to boost Energy Levels, Help Hydration and Support the Immune and Nervous System

Typical Values per 100g
Energy 217 kcal
914 KJ
Protein 3.6g
Fat
of which saturates 0.2g
0.1g
Carbohydrate
of which sugars 26.1g
14.0g
Fibre 49.2g
Sodium 1.85g

Vitamins and Minerals
Typical Values per 100g
Vitamin C 101mg
Calcium 256mg
Iron 5.7mg
Potassium 2100mg
Magnesium 147mg
Copper 0.55mg

Bee Pollen

•High in Protein, Vitamin B (B1, B2 & B3), C and E, Iron, Zinc and Fibre, Gluten, Lactose, Soy Free.

Energy 1730.2 kJ / 345 kCal
Protein(g) 16.7, Fat (g) 7.5, Saturated Fatty Acids (g) 2.3, Carbohydrate (g) 55.9 of which Total Sugars (g) 41.5, Dietary Fibre (g) 10.9, Sodium (mg) 40.9, Calcium (mg) 772.5, Iron (mg) 51

Organic Moringa Powder

•Packed with Vitamins, Iron, Zinc, Calcium
•Very high in Fibre, Antioxidants, Chlorophyll
•Contains all 8 Essential Amino Acids
•Gluten Free, Lactose Free
•Suitable for Vegetarians, Vegans

Typical Values per 100g
Calories 205kcal
Protein 28.1g
Total fat 5.9g
Total carbohydrate 38.5g
Dietary fibre 49.2g

Vitamins and Minerals
Typical Values per 100g
Vitamin A 1.55mg
Vitamin B1 0.49mg
Vitamin B12 0.75IUmg
Vitamin B2 1.43mg
Vitamin B6 1.58mg
Vitamin E 64.4mg
Calcium 1.5g
Iron 60mg
Magnesium 475mg
Zinc 2.4mg
Potassium 800mg

Chia Seeds

Chia seeds contain a wide range of vitamins, minerals and trace elements. These include Calcium - Iron - Magnesium - Phosphorus - Potassium - Iodine - Zink - Selenium - Manganese - Vitamins A - C - D - E - K - B1 - B2 - B6 - B12 - Niacin - Folate - Biotin - Quercetin - and more. It has been reported that orac value (antioxidant strength) for chia is higher than many berries and chocolate at a score of 10,250. Blueberries score is 8708 for comparison.
Chia seeds are also high in protein. However not all proteins are equal. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. Of the amino acids found in proteins, some can be made by the body while others are essential in the diet. Chia contains all 8 essential amino acids along with the non essential acids.

Nutrition per 100g:
Energy 2194kJ/524kcal, Protein (g) 21.2, Carbohydrates (g) 37.5, Of Which Total Dietary Fibre (g) 33.7, Soluble (g) 4, Insoluble (g) 29.7, Total Fat (g) 31.4, Of Which Saturates (g) 3.2, Mono-Unsaturates (g) 1.2, Polyunsaturates (g) 26.3, Of Which Omega-3 (ALA) (g) 20.4

Organic Camu Camu Powder

•Bursting with Vitamin C
•High in Fibre
•Gluten Free, Lactose Free
•Suitable for Vegetarians, Vegans

Camu Camu has more than 80 times the vitamin C of an orange (gram for gram).

Typical Values per 100g
Energy 314 kcal
1320 KJ
Protein 5.6g
Fat
of which saturates
of which mono-unsaturates
poly-unsaturates 2.5g
0.4g
1.4g
0.7g
Carbohydrate 55.6g
Fibre 23.4g
Sodium 0.26mg

Vitamins and Minerals
Typical Values per 100g
Vitamin C 5800mg

Others worth a mention but more well know would be coconut sugar, coconut oil, red palm oil, argan oil, maqui berries, goji berries, cacao nibs, matcha tea and maca powder.

Manuka honey is another great one worth mentioning. I haven't used it for years but plan to start some fairly soon. I would always get at least a 10 UMF.

This is blatantly obvious and it probably provides the most health benefits out of everything. But it's worth a mention because even though obvious I do not have enough.... water. This really makes your body work more effectively and flushes out all the toxins and keeps us looking our best. I for one am not drinking enough water so gonna make an effort to have more. Gonna start squeezing a full lemon into 2 litres of water and drinking that throughout the day (on top of my usual intake).

This is blatantly obvious and it probably provides the most health benefits out of everything. But it's worth a mention because even though obvious I do not have enough.... water. This really makes your body work more effectively and flushes out all the toxins and keeps us looking our best. I for one am not drinking enough water so gonna make an effort to have more. Gonna start squeezing a full lemon into 2 litres of water and drinking that throughout the day (on top of my usual intake).

I take this a step further by using organic lemons. I take 1/3 with the peel and throw it into my Nutribullet. There has been quite a bit written about the benefits nd anti cancerous workings of the peel. Tastes really amazing too as the NB liquifies everything.

I take this a step further by using organic lemons. I take 1/3 with the peel and throw it into my Nutribullet. There has been quite a bit written about the benefits nd anti cancerous workings of the peel. Tastes really amazing too as the NB liquifies everything.

Great post. The nutribullet is the best thing I have ever bought :)

Back