• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Slower release carb powders

Elvia1023

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I am just curious if any of you guys use complex carb powders? I see threads about Karboload, Dextrose and HBCD's but never about other carb powders. I prefer whole foods but sometimes powders are more convenient. Price comes into it for me as on a bit of a budget now. I use HBCD's and aminos during workouts so have mainly used oat powder as it's the cheapest (and effective). I sometimes add oats to my fruit smoothies or with some chocolate protein powder in a shake.

The best powder I have probably used is Activated Barley. That's a great low GI carbohydrate source and high in beta-glucan levels. Then you have the similar powders made from waxy-barley starch. Sweet Potato powder seems to be on the rise but I have never used that but plan to.

I have also used some flours in food or added them to shakes and they have been good (although can taste a bit shit). These include quinoa flour, teff flour, kamut flour and amaranth flour. There are a few I haven't tried such as buckwheat flour and freekah flour. Maca powder is another useful one and fairly high in protein too.

Just curious if anyone has used any of these and if so how did you find them? Most of my carbs in the future will be the usual whole foods (always lots of fruit too) but out of the powders mainly gonna stick to oats and barley.

http://www.5percentnutrition.com/real-food.html

REAL FOOD represents a simplistic whole food carbohydrate source consisting of REAL Sweet Potatoes, Yams, Oatmeal, and dried Fruit!

REAL FOOD can be taken with protein as part of a meal or alone either throughout the day or post-workout.

The carbohydrates in REAL FOOD are low blood sugar impacting complex carbohydrates that are assimilated at rate slow enough to prevent them from being stored as fat, also known as low glycemic index carbs.

REAL FOOD was designed to help you you’re your macros in convenience! It mixes super easy in a shaker bottle or a stirred in a glass.

e1c69c658bbad46c70c86dca2d2e913f.jpg

By the way I think if you have to use a powder to get your carbs in and not using insulin you're crazy lol that's my favorite food to eat .. And carbs are cheap too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would never use a carb suppliment. Carbs are so fun to eat!

Lol ikr
I mean unless you have to get in more than 600g a day or something absurd ... Or on slin ... No point

http://www.5percentnutrition.com/real-food.html

REAL FOOD represents a simplistic whole food carbohydrate source consisting of REAL Sweet Potatoes, Yams, Oatmeal, and dried Fruit!

REAL FOOD can be taken with protein as part of a meal or alone either throughout the day or post-workout.

The carbohydrates in REAL FOOD are low blood sugar impacting complex carbohydrates that are assimilated at rate slow enough to prevent them from being stored as fat, also known as low glycemic index carbs.

REAL FOOD was designed to help you you’re your macros in convenience! It mixes super easy in a shaker bottle or a stirred in a glass.

e1c69c658bbad46c70c86dca2d2e913f.jpg

By the way I think if you have to use a powder to get your carbs in and not using insulin you're crazy lol that's my favorite food to eat .. And carbs are cheap too!

I saw that the other week... looks like a great supplement. I love my carbs too so no worries there. Just sometimes it can be convenient for me to drink carbs too. Carbs can be cheap (rice, potatoes, pasta etc) but I eat a lot of fruit so that can add up. Although I have started using some frozen food so a little better but it still adds up. I live in the UK so food is more expensive than in the US.

Cutting now so limiting my carbs (first time ever :eek:) but when bulking I easily have 700g per day and nearly all of them are whole foods. An indication is my 5kg bag of powdered oats has lasted me a year and I still have plenty left. I just use it on occasions... usually protein powder, oats and some almond butter. I much prefer to eat my oats. One of my fav meals is oats with sultanas, goji berries and banana pieces. When it is cooked I add in chia seeds and chocolate (or toffee) protein powder.

Back