• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Thinking of switching from Androgel to shots - suggetsions?

tommy79

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm on 81mg (four pumps) a day of Androgel. Got blood work taken last week and results came in showing my T level is 263. Was at 217 while doing 40mg, so my doctor upped the dosage. Prior to using TRT I was mid 150's. I am 34, 290lbs and 6'2" and about 34% bodyfat.

Here's the kicker... I had to switch insurance providers, and they don't work with my doctors office, so I can't get in to see him and get a new Rx. I messaged him about doing shots, but said they need to be done at their office -- which would be a headache anyway, as it's 30 minutes away.

I talked to a PCP closer to where I live and within my insurance company, however this guy is not into offering shots, as well said hCG is a waste and not needed while on Androgel... now my nuts are half the size and libido is just about gone, depressed and little motivation. Plus, I've noticed some other sides, like my hair is thinning.

So I can either go the route of making more appointments, paying $50 or what not per appointment, etc., or... I can get test cypionate from a good source, along with hCG and monitor my own blood work (local lab does the test for $54). I know going that route isn't ideal, but I just want to feel better.

Androgel is crap on a number of levels. Your Dr was happy with trt test lvl of 260?! You need a new doc, as that is barely above baseline.

Trt doses are usually 100-250 of test cyp a week. The absorption of test from injection is why better than from that gel crap, so doing 81mg of gel is almost pointless, as your results showed.

Screw the docs, do it all yourself, it's cheaper, and they rarely know shit anyway.

I am 34, 290lbs and 6'2" and about 34% bodyfat.

You're likely in a similar boat I'm in due to your build. I happen to be an aromatizer due to my extra weight. Read up on that - your body fat plays a part in converting your test into estrogen rather than testosterone. THIS causes similar sides already blamed on low test. I was taking 120mg or so per week of test and my E2 went up to the high 90s (3 times normal). This can cause libido issues, man tits, crying while watching "The Bachelor", giving the urge to even watch "the bachelor", etc. It's hard to get a doc to test E2 so you'll likely have to go solo with one of the private sources in the stickies above "aquiring blood work". I guarantee you have higher than normal e2 if on test replacement for any amount of time, or you will be once you start some real TRT instead of the useless gel crap you're taking now.

HCG... If you want kids, go with it. If you want your balls to hang big and low, go with it. If you don't care about either, no real worry if you intend to go long term (life) on TRT. For FSH (hair), that might be another thing - do some reading, but for libido, let test do it's job and keep E2 in check so it doesn't over ride the test numbers.

I'd go rogue and do it yourself. You can figure out what HRT dose you want to run, run hCG and an AI to keep your estrogen in check, probably considerably cheaper than what you'll end up paying from a doctor (for the most part). Plus, most doctors have no idea what their doing and will likely end up giving you 100mg every other week or something stupid. Also get test E or C, really makes no difference there both basically the same thing.

Switch, be smart about it, and monitor your own program, you'll be glad you did.

hcg isnt necessary but it does help and can replace a significant amount of test in a TRT program, not to mention it keeps the testis functioning. I agree with others, find a new doc.

I'm on 81mg (four pumps) a day of Androgel. Got blood work taken last week and results came in showing my T level is 263. Was at 217 while doing 40mg, so my doctor upped the dosage. Prior to using TRT I was mid 150's. I am 34, 290lbs and 6'2" and about 34% bodyfat.
My friend its time to be honest with yourself and realize that you probably ate your way into this condition.
34% is serious... obesity will kill you.
Start today to get your bf down... way down. You will reap huge rewards. Trt isnt going to do much as long as you are at 34%.
If you need help or suggestions I would be glad to help.
Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to get into a new doc, the last one I visited said my test levels would be normally low because of high bf, and wanted to stop the TRT until it got below 25%... I asked about taking something, like a "post cycle" because I've been on Androgel for a while, he said "there is no need, just stop taking it and everything will go back to normal..." So on a mission to find a new doctor again.

I can order an E2 test for $45 from walkinlabls (dot) com, actually I can go here today and have it done.

I posted prior as I've noticed some thinning of my hair about a 5-α reductase inhibitor, but from what I gather, that would be pointless? I'd like to get on hCG, as I'd like to have kids, and plus, my boys are so small right now I thought something was wrong.

My libido is almost not there, I'm depressed, moody and fatigued like crazy. Trying to explain that to a doctor only leads to them pushing me on some antidepressant, rather than focus on there may be an outlining issue.

I just got my thyroid checked (issues run in my family). TSH is high 4.80 (range is .4 to 4.50) and T4 was 4.4 (range is 4.5 to 12). I asked about getting medication as it's been getting worse, but the answer is "it's normal." I know the self medication route is never the best plan, but at this point, I'm fed up as this has been going on for years and I know what the issues are.

I'm at the gym 5x a week, 2-3 hours per day. Weight training with 20 minutes HIIT and struggle to keep weight where it is at. Diet is in check, no cheating, no drinking.

I'm at the gym 5x a week, 2-3 hours per day. Weight training with 20 minutes HIIT and struggle to keep weight where it is at. Diet is in check, no cheating, no drinking.
Post up your diet.

Back