• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Vitamin b12 shots

veniceboy

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Im sitting on a couple of vitamin b12 amps and want to use it again. Last shot was maybe 6 months ago. Whos running b12 aswell? What protocol should i follow? I prefer to inject it subq since i want to save my IM-spots for gear lol

you mean the b12?

1mg Cyanocobalaminum (Vit B12)

I have tried Methylcobalamin in the past. You shouldn't expected anything special from it, most people have no vitamin deficiencies. It's the other way around actually.

well since b12 can increase appetite it wouldnt hurt to give it a shot

you mean the b12?

1mg Cyanocobalaminum (Vit B12)

Cyanocobalamin is almost pure garbage, if you have them I guess it wouldnt hurt to use them up but I certainly would never buy the stuff.

Quality injectable B12 is expensive and really should be methylcobalamin for best results. B12 is very heat and light sensitive so if you have clear amps and they have been in the light for any amount of time thier strength is likely extremely reduced.

Having said all of that Ive experimented with various brands of oral (sublingual B12) and have done extensive research on the subject. B12 has had a VERY noticeable effect on my life from improved performance in the gym, better sleep and better mood , mental clarity to name a few.

There is a whole subculture of people suffering from undiagnosed B12 deficiencies and many lawsuites because something so simple wasnt caught by doctors. Many people suffering from mysterious ailments such as extremity pain, lack of coordination, shortness of breath, various mental disorders of all types like depression, anger issues, add/adhd, Alzheimer and the list goes on.

There are many genetic factors that come into play where B12 utilization is concerned and in some cases people can actually have normal(more on normal below) B12 levels but still be "deficient". B12 is only found in adequate amounts if animal protiens so vegans/vegetarians are often ripe for B12 issues. Those who have had various surgeries for weight loss that affect stomach/intestines and those that have chronic use of antacids and the like are also all at high risk. Also as we age we become less able to get the B12 from our food. A 25 year old is much less likely to have B12 issues than a 45 year old.

Part of the problem in the USA is that our acceptable lab range is something like 250-1000 where as every other civilized nation in the world its like 500-1000. So here in the USA if your labs come back at 400 for example they will deem you have no issue but there are countless cases of people suffering permanent debilitation due to be at that level for extended periods of time.

Having been an avid lifter for the better part of 30 years now I generally dont get sore unless I have had a week or more layoff. As soon as I started taking B12 I noticed a much more pronounced and deep muscle fatigue after a workout. Not just a superficial pump that goes away by the time you get home from the gym. That was followed by unexplained muscle soreness. The same soreness I would expect after returning to the gym after a couple week vacation but I had no such break. It was almost as if I was recruiting more muscle during my lifts and it appeared I was because my previously stagnant lifts started to creep up again. This post workout soreness seemed to last a couple months and faded.

Oral B12 should be either (or both) methylcobalamin or dibencozide. It should be taken sublingually, ie placed between cheek and gum and left ti dissolve over the next 15-30 minutes. Personally I was taking 20mg (yep thats MG and not mcg) of each and after a few months cut back to just 10mg a day of methylcobalamin and that seemed to maintain the benefits I stated above. I recently added 10mg dibencozide back into the mix and once again noticed a slight soreness but not as pronounced as originally. This all leads me to believe that for what ever reason I seem to need more B12 than I was getting from my diet alone.

I had read countless personal accounts of folks (not lifters, just average folks) suffering from depression and a whole slew of symptoms turn to B12. Some were able to reverse neurological sides and others werent. Many commented on the type and brand of b12 used and in many cases people even used common injection protocols that didnt work. It wasnt until they took on a more aggressive injection protocol of the proper type of B12 OR switched to a specific few brands of sublingual tablets that they got relief.

I personally methylcobalamin injections and got no real effects so suspect the quality of the product was questionable at best. I started with source naturals brand which is what gave me the most noticeable results and have switched and tried a few others. Everytime I switched my benefits would fade and everytime I switched back to source naturals products I would once again go through a phase where I would get sore.

The problems we face with supplements is they are not all created equal and often times people will try something and feel nothing so assume its not something they need. I myself, had I not done ample research may have started my B12 journey with a brand that offered no benefit and come to the conclusion I didnt need it. Luckily I chose the brand based on countless recommendations from folks who not only experienced positive effects from it but also had little or no effects from other brands they tried.

Keep in mind that B12 is stored in the liver and the stored amount can be quite large, often enough to last someone months or even years after their diet or conditions have changed and they are not making use of dietary B12. B12 is critical to nerve signalling which as you can imagine effects everything from mood to physical coordination. Its also critical for proper red blood cell creation which carries oxygen to your muscles and plays a big role in reproductive health as well. Many couples that cant conceive often are lacking B12.

The easiest way to tell if you need B12 is to simply start taking it. Id recommend 10mg methylcobalamin from source naturals first thing in the morining, let dissolve between cheek and gum. You can repeat this a couple times a day or more at first if you dont "feel" anything. What you feel will vary from person to person but if you feel anything its a good sign your lacking in B12. For me and many of my friends who were not suffering outwardly noticeable physical neurological symptoms we generally felt kind of a rush or a high. Like downing a pot of coffee without the jitters. Gym rats often felt a more pronounced deep fatigue in muscle that were worked and a new soreness not previously experienced.

If you take the B12 (source naturals anyway) and are not feeling anything then you likely dont have any B12 issues or if you are having issues you havent depleted your bodies stores as of yet.

Cyanocobalamin is almost pure garbage, if you have them I guess it wouldnt hurt to use them up but I certainly would never buy the stuff.

Quality injectable B12 is expensive and really should be methylcobalamin for best results. B12 is very heat and light sensitive so if you have clear amps and they have been in the light for any amount of time thier strength is likely extremely reduced.

Having said all of that Ive experimented with various brands of oral (sublingual B12) and have done extensive research on the subject. B12 has had a VERY noticeable effect on my life from improved performance in the gym, better sleep and better mood , mental clarity to name a few.

There is a whole subculture of people suffering from undiagnosed B12 deficiencies and many lawsuites because something so simple wasnt caught by doctors. Many people suffering from mysterious ailments such as extremity pain, lack of coordination, shortness of breath, various mental disorders of all types like depression, anger issues, add/adhd, Alzheimer and the list goes on.

There are many genetic factors that come into play where B12 utilization is concerned and in some cases people can actually have normal(more on normal below) B12 levels but still be "deficient". B12 is only found in adequate amounts if animal protiens so vegans/vegetarians are often ripe for B12 issues. Those who have had various surgeries for weight loss that affect stomach/intestines and those that have chronic use of antacids and the like are also all at high risk. Also as we age we become less able to get the B12 from our food. A 25 year old is much less likely to have B12 issues than a 45 year old.

Part of the problem in the USA is that our acceptable lab range is something like 250-1000 where as every other civilized nation in the world its like 500-1000. So here in the USA if your labs come back at 400 for example they will deem you have no issue but there are countless cases of people suffering permanent debilitation due to be at that level for extended periods of time.

Having been an avid lifter for the better part of 30 years now I generally dont get sore unless I have had a week or more layoff. As soon as I started taking B12 I noticed a much more pronounced and deep muscle fatigue after a workout. Not just a superficial pump that goes away by the time you get home from the gym. That was followed by unexplained muscle soreness. The same soreness I would expect after returning to the gym after a couple week vacation but I had no such break. It was almost as if I was recruiting more muscle during my lifts and it appeared I was because my previously stagnant lifts started to creep up again. This post workout soreness seemed to last a couple months and faded.

Oral B12 should be either (or both) methylcobalamin or dibencozide. It should be taken sublingually, ie placed between cheek and gum and left ti dissolve over the next 15-30 minutes. Personally I was taking 20mg (yep thats MG and not mcg) of each and after a few months cut back to just 10mg a day of methylcobalamin and that seemed to maintain the benefits I stated above. I recently added 10mg dibencozide back into the mix and once again noticed a slight soreness but not as pronounced as originally. This all leads me to believe that for what ever reason I seem to need more B12 than I was getting from my diet alone.

I had read countless personal accounts of folks (not lifters, just average folks) suffering from depression and a whole slew of symptoms turn to B12. Some were able to reverse neurological sides and others werent. Many commented on the type and brand of b12 used and in many cases people even used common injection protocols that didnt work. It wasnt until they took on a more aggressive injection protocol of the proper type of B12 OR switched to a specific few brands of sublingual tablets that they got relief.

I personally methylcobalamin injections and got no real effects so suspect the quality of the product was questionable at best. I started with source naturals brand which is what gave me the most noticeable results and have switched and tried a few others. Everytime I switched my benefits would fade and everytime I switched back to source naturals products I would once again go through a phase where I would get sore.

The problems we face with supplements is they are not all created equal and often times people will try something and feel nothing so assume its not something they need. I myself, had I not done ample research may have started my B12 journey with a brand that offered no benefit and come to the conclusion I didnt need it. Luckily I chose the brand based on countless recommendations from folks who not only experienced positive effects from it but also had little or no effects from other brands they tried.

Keep in mind that B12 is stored in the liver and the stored amount can be quite large, often enough to last someone months or even years after their diet or conditions have changed and they are not making use of dietary B12. B12 is critical to nerve signalling which as you can imagine effects everything from mood to physical coordination. Its also critical for proper red blood cell creation which carries oxygen to your muscles and plays a big role in reproductive health as well. Many couples that cant conceive often are lacking B12.

The easiest way to tell if you need B12 is to simply start taking it. Id recommend 10mg methylcobalamin from source naturals first thing in the morining, let dissolve between cheek and gum. You can repeat this a couple times a day or more at first if you dont "feel" anything. What you feel will vary from person to person but if you feel anything its a good sign your lacking in B12. For me and many of my friends who were not suffering outwardly noticeable physical neurological symptoms we generally felt kind of a rush or a high. Like downing a pot of coffee without the jitters. Gym rats often felt a more pronounced deep fatigue in muscle that were worked and a new soreness not previously experienced.

If you take the B12 (source naturals anyway) and are not feeling anything then you likely dont have any B12 issues or if you are having issues you havent depleted your bodies stores as of yet.

great post man! i tried to find methylcobalamin pharma-grade stuff but couldnt find anything? only thing i can order at pharmacy is the one i wrote above...

great post man! i tried to find methylcobalamin pharma-grade stuff but couldnt find anything? only thing i can order at pharmacy is the one i wrote above...

Yea injectable methylcobalamin is hard to find and quite honestly if you do find it its expensive. I found if you chose a good brand (source naturals for example) then high oral doses work every bit as good.

thx for your answers. nice to know. so instead of buying expensive methylcobalamin i will rather invest it in gear, food and GH. but for now i will use my Cyanocobalamin, 2 amps left.

Back