• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Androgel - Worth it anymore?

tommy79

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've had low T problems for a while, mainly because I've been overweight ~ 340lbs 43% bf

Since December I've been back at the gym hard (was easier now since my ex is out of the picture who always gave me a problem about it), now down to 290 with 33% bf. I've noticed some improvements with the Androgel, 82mg/day but wondering if it is worth continuing or not, versus that of buying test e.

The problem is my insurance changes next month, which means I have to jump through all the hoops to get the meds, plus the out of pocket costs will be significantly more, about $100 or more for the meds. I'm pretty sure if I get my test levels done now, they will be high enough to where the insurance doesn't want to pay for it. I fought this tooth and nail before because my levels were at 185 and they claimed that is "normal" for someone 35 years old and 6'3"

Question is, should I just go the test e route for a cycle? The goal is up to mass and gains, I've got a pretty strict diet and cardio schedule... I sure some of you are thinking lay off the aas until bf drops below 20%, but I want to get muscle mass back up, so that test levels get to a "normal" range for me while I'm continuing to drop excess body weight.

If you want to continue the insurance route your going to have to jump through the hoops. Just because your T levels are high now doesn't mean they will be that way in 3-6 weeks when they deny your claim. TRT is for life. It would be like telling a diabetic their blood sugar is fine today so I'm not prescribing you any more insulin.

Personally T injections is 100X better. I started TRT with 29% body fat over a year ago. The shots gave me a HUGE boost of energy and drive. I've lost 9% of that body fat and over 30lbs.

Just be careful of what your doing. Don't jump right into high levels of Test. The first year I wouldn't recommend more that 200-250 a week. You're going to have to dial in your protocol. You need to figure out your AI dosage too(this is a must)

Keep getting bloodwork every 2 months. Monitor E2 and blood pressure. Keep your diet in check and you'll be fine. It's just a little bit harder for us fat guys.

I would suggest getting this thread moved into the TRT section, I think you would get more useful answers there...

Bodybuilders done use androgel cause you wont get the desired test levels you want with it i mean you can cover your whole body ever day and it won't get the desired level you want to be at.so yeah go for a trt level of test it will help build some muscle and burn fat...keep up the cardio/resistance training and when you get body fat down to 15% then you can do a good cycle.....

Back