• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Horseburgers?

tommygunz

Assministrator
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
[h=1]Hamburgers pulled from UK supermarket shelves after tests reveal horse meat[/h]
130116-horse-730a.photoblog500.jpg
Darren Staples / Reuters, file
In 2007, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay called for British people to start eating horse meat, saying it was healthy and "packed with protein."

By Ian Johnston, Staff Writer, NBC News
LONDON -- The idea of eating horse meat has been described as the “last taboo” of English cooking.
So one of Britain's leading supermarkets, Tesco, was doubtless horrified at having to post a statement saying that horse DNA had been found in hamburgers on sale in the U.K. and Ireland.
Tim Smith, Tesco’s group technical director, said the store apologized “sincerely for any distress” caused.
“We immediately withdrew from sale all products from the supplier in question,” he stressed. "The presence of illegal meat in our products is extremely serious. Our customers have the right to expect that food they buy is produced to the highest standards."
The discovery was made by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland, which said it had carried out a study to examine the “authenticity” of several beef burger, beef meal and salami products.
The results were alarming. Ten of the 27 beef burgers tested were found to contain horse DNA, with nine containing only "very low levels."
“In one sample from Tesco, the level of horse DNA indicated that horse meat accounted for approximately 29 percent relative to the beef content,” the FSAI said.
Twenty-three of the 27 burgers also tested positive for pig DNA, the FSAI said, and 21 out of 31 “beef meal products” tested were also found to contain pig DNA, but no horse DNA was discovered.
'No clear explanation'
The FSAI said that the beef burgers with horse DNA were produced at two processing plants in Ireland and one in the U.K., and were sold at Tesco and four other outlets, Dunnes Stores, Lidl, Aldi and Iceland.
Alan Reilly, the FSAI’s chief executive, said in a statement “there is no clear explanation at this time for the presence of horse DNA in products emanating from meat plants that do not use horse meat in their production process.”
“In Ireland, it is not in our culture to eat horse meat and therefore, we do not expect to find it in a burger,” he noted.
“Likewise, for some religious groups or people who abstain from eating pig meat, the presence of traces of pig DNA is unacceptable,” he added.
Reilly stressed the products did “not pose any food safety risk and consumers should not be worried.”
In 2007, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay called for British people to start eating horse meat, saying it was healthy and "packed with protein" with a "slightly gamey" flavor, The Telegraph newspaper reported. The idea failed to take off.
In Britain, two consumers largely spoke for the nation when they told ITV News of their shock and horror.
"I'd be fuming if I found out there was horse meat in my burgers -- obviously," one man said.
"It's just not normal," a woman added. "Fine we eat cows and everything, but horse meat? No."
Jessica Stark, director of communications for World Horse Welfare, said that campaign group was concerned about horses in Europe who are driven to be slaughtered in journeys that can last several days. She said WHW did not oppose the eating of horses, but wanted to see journey times restricted to nine to 12 hours.
She said in some countries horses were seen as companions or pets and were "revered," while other nations, such as Italy and France, saw them simply as livestock.
Asked if she had eaten horse, Stark said "Gosh no, not that I'm aware of." Asked if she would, she replied "No I would not ... it's a personal choice."

If they've got horses, I wonder what's in American beef.

What are the qualifications of "pet status"?

When I was in France I ate horse meat, lived in Mexico & ate dog, lived in Belize and ate everything, all kinda snakes, Iguanas, Cotamundi, etc. The US ships 100's of horses to France every year. Not for pets or glue.
Did not claw my way through 1,000's of years of evolution to graze. So far I have drawn the line at humans. But that could change with circumstance.

Last edited:
When I was in France I ate horse meat, lived in Mexico & ate dog, lived in Belize and ate everything, all kinda snakes, Iguanas, Cotamundi, etc. The US ships 100's of horses to France every year. Not for pets or glue.
Did not claw my way through 1,000's of years of evolution to graze. So far I have drawn the line at humans. But that could change with circumstance.

You sir...are the Predator.

- - - Updated - - -

I eat a girls ass...I'm sure horse meat would be ok.

I've eaten some of the most exotic meats on this planet and I've owned many horses. I have to say I'd eat one of those awnry, nasty bastards again. The few meats I didn't care for we're amphibians and reptiles, most everything else is still on the menu for me.

IML Gear Cream!
^^ :winkfinger: ^^ seriously whats wrong with some horse every know and then. It tastes really good, better than frog legs that's for sure!

I've eaten some of the most exotic meats on this planet and I've owned many horses. I have to say I'd eat one of those awnry, nasty bastards again. The few meats I didn't care for we're amphibians and reptiles, most everything else is still on the menu for me.
What are you guy's talking about? Frog legs and turtle meat are awesome.

Ever been frog gigging? That shit is fun.

:thinking: i never had turtle...awesome you say...think its time to find me some. But it better be good:paddle:

Ever been frog gigging? That shit is fun.[/QUOTE

Sea Turtle is some of the best steaks ever! IMHO. On many a menu in the Caribe.
Cept the Hawks Bill species which can be poisonous to humanoids due to the toxic sponges they consume.

People here will eat damn near anything the way it sounds-guess as a group we are just plain screwed up ? OD

People here will eat damn near anything the way it sounds-guess as a group we are just plain screwed up ? OD

Whoa up there od1. We are just plain Alpha male. That's a good thing. We understand if only on a subconscious level that we are the ones that our genes will will be passed on to carry the torch of survival into the next millennium. This is not to imply that we are not without compassion for the down trodden or that we don't love our pets or that we are totally without moral guidance.

It does mean, at least for me, I go into pure survival mode, & I can't obtain nutrition that my neighbors dog or even my beloved family member my rottie is not off the menu.

That is the true & pure nature of Alpha Male.

And the Bible reads; The meek shall inherit the earth. Fuck that bullshit! Ain't happenin in my hood!

In prehistoric times, if it moved, you ate it.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a horse steak once in France on a dare. It was actually pretty good. Would definitely order it again.

^^^ True I have some frog and alligator in my freezer right now cant wait to cook the shit out of it but i wish i could get some of the leanest meat on the planet called UNICORNS i hear chuck Norris is the only person that knows where to find it

Get Shredded!
^^^ True I have some frog and alligator in my freezer right now cant wait to cook the shit out of it but i wish i could get some of the leanest meat on the planet called UNICORNS i hear chuck Norris is the only person that knows where to find it
Just grind some horse meat up with some rhine and viola!!!!

Unicorn.JPG

:roflmao: Never thought of that one, might be easier than looking for those damn Unicorns .

A horse is a horse of course of course, unless that horse ends up as the main course!!!

horse meat is fucking tasty,and very lean....yummy :D
btw in a town near mine,northeast of italy,there was the tradition of eating cats LOL
boiled cats,yeah.never eaten it,but they told me it tastes like rabbit.

We had about a dozen or so cats one of the girls at our office used to feed. It was our field office and she poured food out back every night. Some Tai people opened a restaurant next door and all the cats disappeared. Coincidence?

We had about a dozen or so cats one of the girls at our office used to feed. It was our field office and she poured food out back every night. Some Tai people opened a restaurant next door and all the cats disappeared. Coincidence?
here chinese restaurants prefer rats

Back