PDA

View Full Version : 6-7x days a week - anyone tried?

lachu543
04-17-2015, 11:27 PM
Hey,

Did anyone try train (http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/pl/sponsors/88808-sponsor-endosyn.html) 6-7 days a week? The most often split routines are for 4-5 days a week. But... if anyone tried 6-7x how Your weekly programm looks like?

Guillotine
04-18-2015, 02:14 AM
If you are getting enough rest, nutrition, and supplementation, you *can* do 7 days a week of training, but why

jerseydevil
04-18-2015, 03:13 AM
I much prefer a 4 day split, but 6 day can work if you train individual body parts. Arms, legs, chest, back, shoulders, abs for instance.

rdaniel
04-18-2015, 03:48 AM
I train 6x a week on an upper/lower split. You need to build up work capacity to manage it and be able to recover adequately. I guess genetics play a role too, maybe I'm lucky there

dylanvib4
04-18-2015, 03:48 AM
I did, and I'm now recovering from rhabdo. Do yourself a favor and top it at 5 days. Your body needs time to rest and recover, develop. My two cents.

Oldschool
04-18-2015, 04:50 AM
I train 7 days a week.
Its only 45 min of hard work and then you're done.
No big deal brudda...

iceman1977
04-18-2015, 05:22 AM
I train 5 on/2 off

iceman1977
04-18-2015, 05:24 AM
I train 5 on/2 off
With high intensity. Would love to do more when on cycle but still need to consider that the CNS needs rest too.

MShiz
04-18-2015, 05:26 AM
I train 6x a week mon-sat

Dannie
04-18-2015, 05:59 AM
Imo there's no need to go that often, also there is no need in doing 12 sets per body part.
It's the quality not the quantity that counts.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Seattlesbest
04-18-2015, 10:04 AM
I take one day off a week. Could be any day. If I feel I need a day off I take it. No more then one a week. Hour and a half minimal.EAT SLEEP TRAIN!

spinyvegeta
04-18-2015, 01:21 PM
I train everyday and only take an off day when my body tells me to.

freight train
04-18-2015, 05:52 PM
6 days a week bodypart a day but legs are split with quads one day an hams an calves together

lachu543
04-19-2015, 12:32 AM
What about:

Back
Chest+Bic
Legs
Shoulders+Tri
REPEAT

Did anyone try something like this? It's body part every 4 days.

Titan5011
04-19-2015, 12:38 AM
John Meadows puts a lot of his clients on 7 days a week. Typical bodybuilding workouts don't really wear you out. But don't bother unless you're getting adequate quality nutrition and good sleep.

Bulldog
04-19-2015, 04:21 AM
I trained 7 days a week in the Pharma contest, of the 7 two of those days were 30min to 1 hour HIIT cardio, just listen to your body carefully, you will know if it needs a break, break down your muscle groups in your daily sessions, you may need to up some carbs for energy reasons doing this, It worked pretty well for me, I did have some joint pains at times, I went to my DR and had some injections done to my shoulders to help with the pain in rotator cups, probally not very smart but I really wanted to do well in that contest, good luck to you brother!!!!

Buckwild
04-23-2015, 06:05 PM
You can do 6 or even 7 days a week, but it wouldn't work for me. I'd be sick and out in a heartbeat. Depending on your split and how often you workout muscle groups, going 5-6 days a week can allow you to have really short workouts. I prefer 4-5 days, personally. I value rest days and I feel like it helps a lot for growth. I choose to stay a little bit longer in the gym and have more more rest days because of that. Having long workouts isn't good either, so I still try to limit my workouts a bit.

dubman
06-10-2015, 07:07 AM
I like to train every day because I love training.But I've learned to gage my efforts in order to pull this off.I have training blocks that I pick based on my current interests.But basically theres block A) pull push, block B) squat, push, and block C) fuck around with whatever I want.Generally I'll try to do 2 squat, push, and 2 pull, push workouts in any given week.My current fuck around block has been 1-arm long cycle with an 88lb kettlebell.Daily GPP includes pistol squats and 1 arm pushups.

BigTime
06-10-2015, 07:36 AM
I will go 7 days a week at times but i won't lift everyday. Sometimes just a cardio day mixed in.

spinyvegeta
06-10-2015, 07:43 AM
I lift everyday with a rest day thrown in around every 2 weeks.

California
06-10-2015, 08:30 AM
I tried lifting everyday but I got sick and ended up having to take a couple weeks off and lost about 10 lbs. Now if I am feeling shitty I will do light cardio and lift the next day.

spinyvegeta
06-10-2015, 08:42 AM
I never have a bad day at the gym

TTAthlete
06-10-2015, 08:54 AM
I typically train 6 or 7 days a week. But I eat over 5000 clean calories each day and get plenty of rest. I also break my workouts into individual body parts alternating between upper and lower body with the addition of abs. I feel sore but never over-trained.

JRotten
06-10-2015, 09:21 AM
I get better results training 3-4 days a week. I'm also old and probably need to eat more.

DeadliftBro
06-10-2015, 10:26 AM
I did squats and bench press 6 days a week for a month when I was natty. After first 2 weeks you get used to it, I gained about 45lbs on my squat in 4 weeks.

AgentSmith
06-10-2015, 12:30 PM
I do
M: push
T: hiit
W: pull
T: hiit
F: legs
Repeat...I only take a break if something comes up.

That_Tren_Life
06-13-2015, 06:14 AM
I'll train everyday, and honestly sometimes 2x a day depending on my body. But I've learned to listen to my body also. If I feel like shit because I didn't sleep good, fuck you body we go kill this shit. I feel like shit because my tendinitis is in full effect.. I take a rest day, and hit cardio. Just listen to your body.

And as far as training splits.. I follow whatevers popular on youtube. Lmao jk.. I've been doing the mountain dog training. It's brutal. But once I start my.next blast I'm gonna focus on more hypertophy training, and 2 heavy days a week.

AgentSmith
06-13-2015, 09:06 AM
Anyone ever try training with HRV??? I did for a while and it's a pretty amazing way to gage your body's recovery state. Due to work schedule this year I'll have to wait until next year to try it again. Plus I'm not sure if gear will effect the results.

AgentSmith
06-13-2015, 09:07 AM
I'll train everyday, and honestly sometimes 2x a day depending on my body. But I've learned to listen to my body also. If I feel like shit because I didn't sleep good, fuck you body we go kill this shit. I feel like shit because my tendinitis is in full effect.. I take a rest day, and hit cardio. Just listen to your body.

And as far as training splits.. I follow whatevers popular on youtube. Lmao jk.. I've been doing the mountain dog training. It's brutal. But once I start my.next blast I'm gonna focus on more hypertophy training, and 2 heavy days a week.

Look into "deep water" by Jon Anderson!!! Ass kicker!!!!

myrdycz
06-14-2015, 08:14 AM
I've trained 7 days a week in the gym..1 day biceps triceps, 2nd day calves, 3rd day back, 4th day upper chest traps, 5th day upper legs , 6th day abs, 7th day would be incline for max, overhead press max, deadlift max...but it gets old fast...I've just started crossfit..and let me tell you I thought I was pretty fit..i was wrong..way way wrong..wow

voltage
06-14-2015, 04:10 PM
I do 6 days a week
back rear delts bis
chest tri s front an lateral delt
legs abs
Repeat differnt excersices for following days

theprimate
06-15-2015, 03:21 PM
I personally respond better to a six day split so I can work every body part atleast twice a week. The split usually looks something like chest\tris, back\bis, legs\shoulders, off day then repeat. It will vary from time to time due to my crazy work schedule but it works well for me. IMO I would say try it. Who knows it could work wonders for you or be terrible. Really only one way to find out.

jeetsun
07-18-2015, 11:07 PM
5 days on, 2 days off.

Lokthan
07-24-2015, 12:51 PM
Hey,

Did anyone try train (http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/pl/sponsors/88808-sponsor-endosyn.html) 6-7 days a week? The most often split routines are for 4-5 days a week. But... if anyone tried 6-7x how Your weekly programm looks like?

Been training 6 days a week for years. Like someone up top stated, it's possible to lift heavy and go for 6-7 days a week but no matter how many supps you take or how well you eat you WILL get exhausted every couple weeks and need an extra day to recomp

SUKS2BU
07-26-2015, 12:27 PM
I have done 7 but was having issues with my body not having time to heal up. I have been working out 6 days a week for a while but it gets old some times.

Jmaresca
07-27-2015, 04:11 AM
Hey,

I typically train 7 days per week but I use those extra days to hit a lagging body part some more.

fever
07-27-2015, 05:27 AM
Hey,

I have been doing 7 days a week now for almost a month while dieting. Monday- chest/back, Tuesday- shoulders/arms, Wednesday-legs, Thursday- chest/back, Friday-shoulders/arms, Saturday legs and Sunday cardio and abs. Also been doing hit cardio after daily training sessions for 20-25 minutes. So far it been working as long as I keep test up and nutrition clean and frequent.:winkfinger:
Lol sounds crazy but so far it is getting more fat off me.

theneed
08-04-2015, 09:23 AM
I do a 5 way split chest/shoulders-back-hammys/calves- arms- quads. Sometimes depending on time ill combine hammys w back and calves with arms and do a 4 way split. I hit the weights 5-6 days a week and the other 1-2 days is cardio abs and calves.

I'm trying to just stay out of the gym 1x per week - I have a sit on my ass job so it's tough to not hit it before having to go to work and sit for 8 hours. .

huewutm8
08-04-2015, 10:27 PM
im on a 4 day split but i generally dont take my off day. gym is more than size and stregth, its my me time. time to block the bullshit of life out, listen to music and do my thing. i will generally go 2 cycles befor taking a day off and its usually a day off due to a hangover