• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Mid work out meal?

Slider

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So when I am lifting I get super hungry so what I have been doing is eating sandwich thins (complex carbs) then continuing the lift. Does anyone have any recommendations to what I should be eating mid workout? Thanks

Eat more preworkout. An hour before you go. Then you won't need any food in the gym or "mid workout".

LowT

One of the things that happens when you eat is blood goes to your digestive tract to help absorption of foods into the bloodstream. That means that some blood is taken away from your muscles. This can take away from the much desired pump that you get when lifting.

On my deadlift days, I take a gatorade or pedialyte and a powerbar. I sip the drink to stay hydrated and have a bit of the powerbar in between sets. Rest 5 mins when I hit 405+. The rest plus hydration & carbs have helped me tremendously.

Get a intra drink. Nothing wrong with consuming liquid carbs during workout. my intra workout drink seems to satisfy any cravings.

I do it all the time. But not a meal. Needs to be small and fast digesting.

Back