• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Workout schedule question

MShiz

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Is working a muscle group twice a week counter productive? I work shoulders and back on Monday, now today, as usual, they feel fully recovered. So I'd like to hit them again. Does it depend on the person? Can your body fully recover that fast? Or are the muscles still not completely healed even though there is no soreness at all? I sometimes work shoulders and chest twice in one week depending on how they feel, but I want to know if I'm doing anything productive; or if I'm tearing the muscles down before they've fully healed.

thanks guys.

It depends on your body, everyone is different. Ronnie Coleman worked each bodypart twice per week and we see where it got him. I work bis and tris twice a week as long as I am plenty rested and they have recovered.

Icon

Depends on what you're training for. Bodybuilding style training isn't very taxing. You can do it as often as you want based simply on feeling better. However there's not a strength athlete in the world that I know of that can do heavy dead-lift sessions every week.

As directly to your question, I work my back, shoulders, triceps, and hamstrings easily 3 to 4 times per week.

Your drug and food intake will highly subjugate this as well.

I just want to look good and feel good. I like how I feel after a workout. I'll go seven days a week. But I'm in and out in about 40 minutes. I don't go crazy heavy. Failure around the 12-15 rep range. I have good size results. I don't need to show off how many plates I can lift for anyone. I want to be doing it until the day the bury me. But whatever floats your boat. Listen to your body. Keep a log, track results and pursue your goal.

Should be no problem. For me it depends on how much sleep I am getting, if my nutrition is on point, and what my workload is at work. Sometimes I feel I am better off sleeping-in than working out and others I am up at 5am doing heavy deads. Keep lifting and you will get it figured out.

if your on a cycle you recover fast recovering fast means you can hit that muscle again you can the same muscle up to 3 times per week make sure you only have the best gear in you...........

Thanks for the quick answers guys! I'm currently running a test/tren cycle from AY. 4 pins in as of today, I knew my recovery time was increased. But I went to tech school with a guy who did competitions, he always said never work a muscle group more than once a week.. At that time I was fairly new to lifting, ran a epistane cycle and did a fully upper body workout every day and made good gains. 3-4 times a week Titan!? i would be dead by weeks end!

Thanks for the quick answers guys! I'm currently running a test/tren cycle from AY. 4 pins in as of today, I knew my recovery time was increased. But I went to tech school with a guy who did competitions, he always said never work a muscle group more than once a week.. At that time I was fairly new to lifting, ran a epistane cycle and did a fully upper body workout every day and made good gains. 3-4 times a week Titan!? i would be dead by weeks end!

I target them for stimulation, not full-on growth. The only day I go to full exhaustion of the muscles is my posterior hypertrophy day.

Yes you can do the same muscle group 2x a week. Even 3x a week is ok if you know what you're doing and your diet is on point.

if you're overtraining you'll know it. You get sick and stuff from a weakened immune system

Yes you can do the same muscle group 2x a week. Even 3x a week is ok if you know what you're doing and your diet is on point.

if you're overtraining you'll know it. You get sick and stuff from a weakened immune system

This. When I was in desperation for dead-lift strength I was foolishly doing it twice a week way too heavy. After about 3 weeks I got dog sick and my CNS just fucked up on me.

IML Gear Cream!
I Never hit the same muscle more than twice a week for one i cant find that much gym time......

I think we can all agree that every body part should be hit at least once a week. As far as hitting a single body part a second time in any given week, I see it recommended all the time for natty bodybuilders and those not on cycle. Working more body parts a second time during the same week really depends on the individual when not on cycle.
On cycle, you are increasing anabolism or the bodies ability to replenish and nourish broken down muscle fibers quicker to recovery. You are also increasing the androgenic effect which is the bodies actual ability to build muscle bigger. This allows you to train more body parts twice or if you have the genetics even a third time, but that is extreme and reserved for real men like Oldschool.
There is always a caveat! When your body needs a break, take a break. Listen to your body. At some point everyone needs a break.

This has been another session of Big Ronnie's Bro-Science Theater.

Delts and calves fry out easy and seem to respond well to higher rep, multiple days, higher volume. Bi's and tri's I can work twice a week. The trickier part for me is joints. If I'm going to really hammer a body part multiple times a week I have to be careful with exercise selection. Benching/squatting/DL/OHP twice a week forget it unless it's very low volume. Like starting strength.

I am with Damgar. I can do twice a week if doing a low volume HIT type workout. However, if doing higher volume my knees, elbows, and shoulders need more time to recover.

I do deads 3x a week.
3-5 sets 10-12 reps.
It took some time to build up to that but you can adapt to anything you put your mind to.
Dont be afraid to really push yourself if you want to grow.

If you are enhanced its no problem for the vast majority of guys.

Well, there is the answer - If you "made good gains," then it is working. I tell people all the time not to switch up what they are doing if it is working. If you are making gains, then do not make changes. When you stall out, then make some changes.

Personally, I used to work everything twice a week, but I have found I make gains now only if I wait 5-6 days before hitting the same exercises again. Part of this is because I can divide things up into 5 separate days and really hit each of them hard. When you do everything twice a week, a lot of bodyparts have to be combined into the same workout, and one of them is going to get shorted on intensity.

Twice a week, however, worked very well for me for many years.

I have done both...and made gains doing once and twice a week. Try to avoid overtraining...leads to injury.

Something else I tried:
When I trained twice a week, I would change the emphasis on the body part being trained.

For example: Session 1 for chest: Incline bench press, incline hammer press, pec deck. Session 2 for chest: Decline bench press, decline hammer press, and weighted dips. Stayed away from flat benching all together. I found splitting up my training with emphasis for upper and lower chest was great. Didn't do the same exercises each session and the empahsis was different so it targeted the same muscle just a little differently.

For back you could concentrate on more rows (high, low..etc.) and then pulldowns (wide, narrow) then next session.

Worked for me. Give it a try.

Back