• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

slow ass filtering

exphys88

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
alright, I've got steritop filters on top of glass media bottle and I can't get it to filter faster than a drip. I've bought a new media bottle and pump and no change. I can crank the psi up to 25 with no improvement. using standard gso.

any suggestions?

22, 45 just leaves room for bacteria to get thru. there's got to be an explanation because plenty of guys use 22 w/o probs like this.

Yea I hear you. That is the only thing I can think of. Do you have a hand pump. I use a break caliper pump. It was like 20$ 40$ bucks. That is really the only other thing besides blockage in the vacume line.

Yea I hear you. That is the only thing I can think of. Do you have a hand pump. I use a break caliper pump. It was like 20$ 40$ bucks. That is really the only other thing besides blockage in the vacume line.

yeah, I've tried 2 different pumps, one being a brake pump. 2 different lines too. I'm thinking maybe my oil is too thick.

Maybe try warming the oil and see if that helps. If it does maybe get some different oil. The only other thing is maybe your filters are like 10 micron and it was a packageing mistake. I'm not sure bro good luck I'm out of ideas.

Dont expect them to go over 2~3 drops per second at fastest.. 25 PSI?? Thats too much for filter paper to handle. Worst case, they may ripp and contaminate all sterile oils in media bottle.

Dont expect them to go over 2~3 drops per second at fastest.. 25 PSI?? Thats too much for filter paper to handle. Worst case, they may ripp and contaminate all sterile oils in media bottle.

ok, well that's about the speed it's going at. I'm keeping it below 20 psi and it seems to be holding up fine.

Yeah its pretty slow. 1-2 drips per second for me usually. I dont go over 15 inHg. Can take like an hour to filter 500ml, but you know its clean after with the .22! And you just have to pump it up a couple times every 15 mins with the brake bleeder. Beats syringe filters for sure.

ok, well that's about the speed it's going at. I'm keeping it below 20 psi and it seems to be holding up fine.

Mine got ripped at just 10 psi...What brand are you using? Mine was Nalgene rapidflow .20um at 500ml. Also the medium bottle cracked.. NEver again. Can you suggest me which glass medium bottle fits on which bottle top filter? I only have experience with plastic ones. PM me if you want or just post here.

Back