• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Coaches

bigshow

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
How many of you actually uses coaches for prep and/or just setting personal goals? I myself am thinking about using a coach my next cycle for diet purposes and also some training tips. Usually my training is pretty good. I've cycled 2 times before plus a few ph cycles. I've learned diet is key and I think hiring a coach would be more beneficial to me as opposed to trying out different methods. If you use a coach please post your experiences as well as the coach you use.

I've used personal trainers before, but never coaches. Too expensive for me and my goals. Are you competing soon? If not I think its a lot of money spent that could go towards gear and food. Some of these guys charge a lot of money.

Ive got a coach...invaluable.

My wife has had several coaches. The coaches that are natural are way better than the juiced out "pros". I just watch what she eats and then duplicate and or scale to my needs.

I've used personal trainers before, but never coaches. Too expensive for me and my goals. Are you competing soon? If not I think its a lot of money spent that could go towards gear and food. Some of these guys charge a lot of money.

No I'm not competing, maybe one day if I muster up the dedication but I don't this competitions are for me. I guess what I would be looking for is a good coach basically for the nutritional side of things as opposed to hear dosing and what not.

My wife has had several coaches. The coaches that are natural are way better than the juiced out "pros". I just watch what she eats and then duplicate and or scale to my needs.

That's the thing I don't wanna run too much gear and crazy doses. I only cycle less than a handful of times and was looking more from the nutritional side of things.

just make sure you get a good coach. they will help you blow those fucking goals away . pricey yes, justifiable? I think so .

a good coach are worth every penny you pay them. if i would have known that when i first started using gear. i would have cut down the volume of some of the cycles and put the money towards a coach instead and i'd put money on the fact i'd look better than i do now. all that being said, if you spend the time doing your research (read months of reading at minimum) you can get to the point where diet wise you pretty much accomplish anything you want. while a coach with experience will be able to do it more efficiently and might know some tricks you don't at that point, you're still going to be able to get very lean and put on weight when you want. thankfully i learned all my diet stuff while i was natural and really got to fuck around with different approaches and see what did or didn't work for me and now aas use just amplifies those effects.

Worth every cent if they're good. Waste of money if not. Dyor

IML Gear Cream!
Figure $5-$10 bucks a day for a coach. That is maybe Starbucks coffee or a sandwich a day. The knowledge you will learn is priceless. Cut a vice and pay the price. You can do a lot on your own but learning the hard way is sometimes more expensive. A coach will figure your body out in a matter of weeks where personal trial and error can take months of logging and trying new things. Someone with years of experience is worth every penny. Don't settle for a cheap ass coach because you will get what you pay for in this game.

Me! Highly recommend a coach and actually have a full post on why

Would you guys to post up some good coaches you have used and how successful you were?

Coaches are invaluable if you can find a good one. Having the support is amazing. Personally- I have a coach and then date one of our physique guys so our workouts are killer and there is no pressure to go out to eat..
In my experience you gotta be careful jumping into the gear convo with coaches, its one thing to come from it as a, "Full disclosure this is what I have done in the past..." but its another thing to get on them about cycle advice right away. Gotta build up trust and respect- true coaches value work ethic and discipline and will dismiss you and turn cold if your only goal is to jump on more gear right away....

Coaches are invaluable if you can find a good one. Having the support is amazing. Personally- I have a coach and then date one of our physique guys so our workouts are killer and there is no pressure to go out to eat..
In my experience you gotta be careful jumping into the gear convo with coaches, its one thing to come from it as a, "Full disclosure this is what I have done in the past..." but its another thing to get on them about cycle advice right away. Gotta build up trust and respect- true coaches value work ethic and discipline and will dismiss you and turn cold if your only goal is to jump on more gear right away....

I completely agree, I seen a few coaches where I train and their clients are in great shape and work hard. The training is the easy part for me, making food taste good is a whole other aspect. Knowing what to eat and when is where coaches can shine to help with your goals. The gear is a different aspect that should just help get to your goals. I been researching a lot of coaches just so hard to pick one.

I would suggest you go to a local show, where sometimes the coaches are announced as the athletes walk on stage for their routines. If you notice several class winners share the same coach, I would approach that coach and ask about his rates. It can take alot of valuable time figuring out what to do if you start to respond poorly to your diet, or changes in your training ect... a coach can help cut through some of that BS and get you on course again.

Get Shredded!
I like shelby a lot..he's been churning out some great clientele lately

Do you compete bro?

Nope, never have. Ive got jacked up symmetry that can not be overcome due to childhood disease. I suppose I should clarify, I have a lifting coach, dont use him for posing/nutrition. He helps guide my workouts, keeps my honest where form is concerned which helps to keep me from hurting myself, he is a real stickler for form.

When I was younger I was more concerned with size and looks, nowdays as I close in on 50 years old, im more concerned with athleticism, strength, mobility than size. Work all the main compound lifts in the 5 or less rep range with aux work sometimes going to 8 reps and of course rotator cuff work with a littler higher rep count. I want functional strength and could care less about looks or mass but even so im now tipping the scales at 255 and around 15% bf @ 5'10-11'.

I like shelby a lot..he's been churning out some great clientele lately

If I were to use a coach for BB'ing it would be either Shelby Starnes, s2h, or John Meadows.

Back