• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

pre-sterilized vials vs cap and crimp......

Hazardous

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I started home brewing recently but some of my buddys are sceptical about not having sealed and capped vials. So i was curious instead of buying pre sterilized vials and having to fill with a syringe which makes it impossible to have vial capped and have no needle punctures in the stopper. How hard is it to sterilize the vials and stoppers myself so i can cap and crimp them with brand new flip off caps.

Get a gallon of 70% isoprophyl alcohol, tray, and an oven that goes over 500* Feranheight.

As long as the open vials are from sterile places, you dont need to wash them with dish soap.

1. Dump the gallon of alcohol in big tray. Make it two trays, for dipping vials and dipping rubber stoppers.

2. Let the vials and stopper sit in alcohol for about 30 minutes, while pre heating the oven to 500 degree.

3. Get another tray, and put all the vials on them, and put it in the oven, bake for 1 hour.

4. After that, take them out and just fill the vials with syringe.

****Important here. MAKE SURE to turn off ALL the Airconditioning and eliminate every possible sources that cause air movement. Wear mask and surgical gloves, and clothes.

5. Put on rubber stoppers.

Its quite easy to do it, but its easier to screw it up. All it needs to contaminate the final product is a small particle of dust, and one tiny drop of sliva.

Sounds good. I obviously still fill the vials through a .22 whatman and cap right?

oh your using syringe filter? Then no, just go with pre sterilized ones. Fill the vials, then carefully cutt out the aluminum crimp, and put on a new one. Careful not to open the rubber cap while doing this

Back