• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Cholesterol and AAS

moosexxl

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm 30yo 6' 230lbs 12%bf, and I just received a call from my cardiologist I've been seeing for BP issues. He said he just received my blood results and everything looked fine except my good cholesterol HDL is half of what it should be and my bad cholesterol LDL is double what it should be. He instantly asked if I was taking any steroids whether they be legal or not, I told him just some protein powder, creatine, and some test boosters. He told me to throw whatever test boosters I have away and he wants me to fast when I go see him in a month to run more blood work. My question is has anyone had their cholesterol effected this bad with my current cycle? I know Adex and Tren are known to affect your cholesterol, but this is the first time I have had this issue and I've ran the same cycle. I'm debating on swapping my Adex with Aromasin to help, but not sure how much it will help. Thanks guys.

Currently on week 10.

Week 1-4
Anadrol 50mg/day (split AM/PWO)
Test E 750mg/week (spit into two shots)
Adex 1mg/EOD

Week 4-12
Test E 750mg/week (split into two shots)
Tren A 100mg/EOD
HCG 500mcg/twice a week
Adex 1mg/EOD
Nolva 20mg/ED

Week 12-14
Test P 150mg/EOD
HCG 500mcg/twice a week
Adex 1mg/EOD
Nolva 20mg/ED

PCT will consist of Nolva and Clomid, I also have caber on hand, but haven't had to use it.

Also does Nolva effect your cholesterol? I've only found one article saying it may improve it.

Stop eating shit food.
The only food you could consider shit food is possibly too much red meat, other than that all my breaks are lean except one cheat meal a week which does not seem to be out of the ordinary for any bodybuilders.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but from my understanding, test and other hormones are made from cholesterol in the body. It would only make since to me that when we inject testosterone or take any exogenous androgens, cholesterol doesn't need to be converted, resulting in higher cholesterol levels. If I'm what I'm thinking is right, it's gonna be hard to keep hdl and ldl in optimal ranges when androgen levels are elevated on cycle.

It'd be nice to hear someone with more knowledge than myself chime in.

Can we see your bloodwork ? Also- what is your BP -Thanks-OD

I haven't been given a copy of the blood work, my PCP just faxed it to my cardiologist, when I'm able to get a copy I'll post it. My BP was very high 190/100ish, but now that I'm on Lisinopril and a diuretic and off drol is down to 140/80ish. I have had high BP since I was young as it runs in my family.

IML Gear Cream!
If I saw cholesterol readings like that, I would think that you were using AAS also. Good call from your doc.

So the readings sound correct for someone on cycle? This is the first time I've had it checked on cycle, as it's normally in range.

Thanks for all the info guys.

The only food you could consider shit food is possibly too much red meat, other than that all my breaks are lean except one cheat meal a week which does not seem to be out of the ordinary for any bodybuilders.

Strange. My cholesterol readings are always great. And my meat intake is mostly red.

Most likely the tren a and lingering effects of the adrol.

Orals completely trash my lipids when I'm on them.

I haven't been given a copy of the blood work, my PCP just faxed it to my cardiologist, when I'm able to get a copy I'll post it. My BP was very high 190/100ish, but now that I'm on Lisinopril and a diuretic and off drol is down to 140/80ish. I have had high BP since I was young as it runs in my family.

Here is the blood work I said I would post for you when I got it.

2Q==
9k=

Everyone is different. Some guys can run big cycles and have minimal changes in cholesterol. Some guys think about gear and their cholesterol takes a dump. You hear so much about having baseline labs before starting gear. This is an example of why you would want to do that. It helps to know all that you can. It doesn't mean that most guys would do anything about it, but at least they would know. After running your pct, with diet in check you will want to get labs done and do whatever you need/want to do to get your cholesterol under control. If you suspect any problems of course seek medical help immediately.

Makes me wanna get my hdl and ldl checked now. I've been using very low doses of drol and dbol as pre workout for probably too long and my bp has recently gotten kinda out of whack.

was your bloodwork taken when you were not fasting?

Get Shredded!
There are pleanty of supplements to help with cholesterol values while on a cycle look into them..

your numbers dont seem to be terribly high... though the hdl/ldl is out of whack. my totals were 336 on cycle (diet was bad.). doc wants me on statins, but the research i did on statins say that they are poison for your heart and liver. so i took the holistic approach first and cleaned up my diet, also supplementing with hawthorn, niacin, red yeast rice, and plant sterols. gonna get bloods in a month or 2 and see if the numbers drop. if not i may consider the medication as i am geneticly prone to it.

your numbers dont seem to be terribly high... though the hdl/ldl is out of whack. my totals were 336 on cycle (diet was bad.). doc wants me on statins, but the research i did on statins say that they are poison for your heart and liver. so i took the holistic approach first and cleaned up my diet, also supplementing with hawthorn, niacin, red yeast rice, and plant sterols. gonna get bloods in a month or 2 and see if the numbers drop. if not i may consider the medication as i am geneticly prone to it.

I'm going to start researching them tonight, I've already started a few natural supps, but may add some more of what you recommend. Thanks

There's a also a link between simple carbs and cholesterol. We're all different but my best cholesterol levels were actually when I was running very low carbs but eating a lot of salmon, steak and leafy greens which gave me 60H/20L.

Your cholesterol is fine.

However, your Cardio is on you because it is fine, but your HDL/LDL ratio is freakin horrible. While my background is in the medical field, I am not a cardiologist. I have interpreted 1000's of labs and consulted with medical directors to set up a plan for patients. I have never seen an HDL as low as yours.

Many supplements will help reduce your total cholesterol, however, none have any medical studies to support their claims (ie.. JAMA published studies) that they can increase your HDL. Sure you can find articles stating something like "may improve" HDL, Prescription Niacin (not a vitamin with niacin) appears to have the most traction. Most supplements affect your total cholesterol if anything.

Your HDL or HDL/LDL ratios are so bad that I would expect to see your cholesterol over 800 or even above 1000. HDL typically is low in individuals who are not fit, leaving genetics out of this for now. You can be the biggest guy in the gym and your not fit. Do you do your cardio? Sound, scientific data has proven aerobic activity, oatmeal, omega's (fish), nuts... You get it. That diet helps your HDL. Raising your HDL is like growing muscle, it takes time and hard work (no drug use (dbol)).

Your numbers indicate that you are more than 10x the chance to have cardiac problems than the standard healthy person. The key being a healthy person, not a couch potato.

Think of it this way.....Cholesterol is just a total number, like the number of people on an island. No big deal lets say 100 people. Now you look at cholesterol a little closer and look at the (HDL). Lets say that is the number of girls on this same island. We will say HDL or number of girls is 1. Now that means your LDL is 99. Well it sucks to be a guy on that island.

The reality is that your total cholesterol is what is in your body. Your LDL is the bad cholesterol that likes to stay in your body and is like a magnet to your vessels attaching to them narrowing walls (called plaque). HDL is the good cholesterol that has the ability to attach to the LDL in the blood stream, more importantly, it has the ability to take LDL off of your vessel walls reducing plaque or the narrowing. Then you have triglycerides which is like the thickness of your blood, 600 and up, think of your heart pumping gravy versus 200, which is more like pumping water.

Plaque can reduce the flow of blood causing a myocardial infarction, MI or heart attack. Plaque that becomes dislodged from the wall, flows down stream and can cause a Trans ischemia attack, TIA or stroke. Clots in your extremities or lungs.

Your cardiologist is probably scratching his head that your cholesterol is normal and your HDL/LDL are so bad, particularly if you are healthy. You can drop all your gear and it will not help in a month. HDL/LDL just don't respond like that.

Without knowing anything about you, just your labs, my guess is there is some genetics at play. Any family history that you know of? More importantly, how old are you?

LowT

That said, I would not change anything that your doing short of laying off the gear. This way your cardiologist can make an accurate assessment and get to the root of the problem. You may have some hidden issue that needs addressed. This will enable you to take care of your health.

LowT

Everytime i run dbol my lipids are the same way and aoon as i stop they return back to normal...i dont see an issues since its only 5wks like this but my day with orals are limited with my age...time to think more about healthy options to play this game...

Everytime i run dbol my lipids are the same way and aoon as i stop they return back to normal...i dont see an issues since its only 5wks like this but my day with orals are limited with my age...time to think more about healthy options to play this game...

Lipids may drop because of his gear use, but his HDL is 16. In my opinion, gear will not drop it that low with the cycle he is on (its not an extreme cycle pushing the limits). Which means his Dr. Is seeing past the gear and has an impression that he has a real HDL issue that needs addressed.

I would expect a gear drop in HDL to be more like 50 down to 35.

Who knows what's in the gear he is using that is from China and unregulated? Anything is possible, but this is my opinion.

LowT

Your cholesterol is fine.

However, your Cardio is on you because it is fine, but your HDL/LDL ratio is freakin horrible. While my background is in the medical field, I am not a cardiologist. I have interpreted 1000's of labs and consulted with medical directors to set up a plan for patients. I have never seen an HDL as low as yours.

Many supplements will help reduce your total cholesterol, however, none have any medical studies to support their claims (ie.. JAMA published studies) that they can increase your HDL. Sure you can find articles stating something like "may improve" HDL, Prescription Niacin (not a vitamin with niacin) appears to have the most traction. Most supplements affect your total cholesterol if anything.

Your HDL or HDL/LDL ratios are so bad that I would expect to see your cholesterol over 800 or even above 1000. HDL typically is low in individuals who are not fit, leaving genetics out of this for now. You can be the biggest guy in the gym and your not fit. Do you do your cardio? Sound, scientific data has proven aerobic activity, oatmeal, omega's (fish), nuts... You get it. That diet helps your HDL. Raising your HDL is like growing muscle, it takes time and hard work (no drug use (dbol)).

Your numbers indicate that you are more than 10x the chance to have cardiac problems than the standard healthy person. The key being a healthy person, not a couch potato.

Think of it this way.....Cholesterol is just a total number, like the number of people on an island. No big deal lets say 100 people. Now you look at cholesterol a little closer and look at the (HDL). Lets say that is the number of girls on this same island. We will say HDL or number of girls is 1. Now that means your LDL is 99. Well it sucks to be a guy on that island.

The reality is that your total cholesterol is what is in your body. Your LDL is the bad cholesterol that likes to stay in your body and is like a magnet to your vessels attaching to them narrowing walls (called plaque). HDL is the good cholesterol that has the ability to attach to the LDL in the blood stream, more importantly, it has the ability to take LDL off of your vessel walls reducing plaque or the narrowing. Then you have triglycerides which is like the thickness of your blood, 600 and up, think of your heart pumping gravy versus 200, which is more like pumping water.

Plaque can reduce the flow of blood causing a myocardial infarction, MI or heart attack. Plaque that becomes dislodged from the wall, flows down stream and can cause a Trans ischemia attack, TIA or stroke. Clots in your extremities or lungs.

Your cardiologist is probably scratching his head that your cholesterol is normal and your HDL/LDL are so bad, particularly if you are healthy. You can drop all your gear and it will not help in a month. HDL/LDL just don't respond like that.

Without knowing anything about you, just your labs, my guess is there is some genetics at play. Any family history that you know of? More importantly, how old are you?

LowT

I'm 30yo and I don't do as much cardio as I probably should because I'm trying to add weight, usuallly 1-2 days/week of cardio for an hour. I did start taking with what is left of my family and found out my father did have high cholesterol problems. I'm setting up an appt for a month and a half from now to get bloods and see my progress. Also, I'm only changing one variable at a time so I can accurately evaluate what is helping.

Who knows what's in the gear he is using that is from China and unregulated? Anything is possible, but this is my opinion.

LowT

I haven't personally done a Mass Spec on my gear, but I do use two of our high end sponsors here, Of course I don't know the exact contents without a MS, but between reviews and my personal experiences I feel confident I'm given high quality consistent gear, I wouldn't use a drop if I thought otherwise. Thanks again for all the great info ☺

Back