• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

standing calf press max weight

chocolatemalt

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Learned this trick from someone at my gym. 2x 45 and 1x 35

This bumps it from 495 up to 620... nice, allows more of a range between heavy and light days. Anyone found any further tricks to max out calves?

Attachments

• IMG_2607 standing calf press.jpg
    IMG_2607 standing calf press.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 28
My calves grow better at low weight high reps. I like to do 20-25 reps and I like to do em on the seated leg press. If I go too heavy my calves don't burn and my shins hurt instead.

the one at my gym and one at my friend's gym, you can just stack the plates on top of the shoulder bars in front of your face as high as you want. my buddy's goes up to 400 lbs. i think the most we stacked on there for him was 6 extra plates. calf raises is definitely something i've never had to worry about maxing out though. anything to do with my legs are by far my weakest point.

Weirdly, my calves seem to be my strongest muscles. On that 620 lb standing press I did 23 on the first set... then several more to exhaust them. So it winds up being medium-high reps anyway. I was trying to pump the weights up to get the reps down to 10-15 or so and engage more type II fibers.

Seated press, I load it up to the 360 max and 13 reps. Non-PR days it'll be half the weight and 30+ reps to burnouts. As I get stronger on this it'll wind up being high reps again like the standing press, limiting the options.

Back