• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Stubborn fat (Fasting?)

luk13

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've been cutting since the new year, doing well so far, but I've developed this very stubborn fat around my waist that I cant seem to get rid of. My abs of my early 20s is starting to come back, starting to become visible, but my hips look god awful and is giving me this hourglass shape. I'm 6'4" so big hips are already a problem for me.

Buddy of mine recommended fasting on a super low carb diet, but I've always been scared to starve myself, not even sure how to go about doing it. The moment my stomach grumbles I need to eat something, I get this paranoid fear like I'm messing up my diet when I'm hungry, like I could be digesting a meal that could be going to good use.

Dont get me wrong though, my diet has been in check, I've been very strict, havent touched a pre-packaged processed food, chips, pop, chocolate, or pastry in months. I'll have the odd beer every now and then but thats just me being a guy who needs a beer with friend every now and then.

You have to eat to make muscle gains. Muscle gains burn fat.
Diet. Diet. Diet.
Eat, lift, sleep repeat.
You can do fasted cardio early in the morning, but then you have to eat.
If you aren't making gains then you aren't eating enough. 1.5 grams of protein to start and adjust slowly up or down to find the groove. Eat enough carbs to build muscle. Enough fat to make your calories come to your maintenance requirement.
If you run at too much of a deficit your body quickly adapts and does anything not to let go.
You need to do serious ass in the grass squats and lunges to build legs and glutes.
Of course no one needs to tell you any of this. There is plenty of research in the forums so you can get the full story and not miss anything.

Starvation diets hold on to White fat and don't allow the burning of BAT. Less BAT equals less thermo, less fat being used as energy and now less calories means your body will burn muscle for energy not fat. Really bad idea.

Research intermittent fasting - it works. Also cyclical keto or carb cycling.

whats your routine like? are you doing fasted morning cardio? daily carb intake? how often do you train?

How do you fast on a low carb diet??

I've been cutting since the new year, doing well so far, but I've developed this very stubborn fat around my waist that I cant seem to get rid of. My abs of my early 20s is starting to come back, starting to become visible, but my hips look god awful and is giving me this hourglass shape. I'm 6'4" so big hips are already a problem for me.

Buddy of mine recommended fasting on a super low carb diet, but I've always been scared to starve myself, not even sure how to go about doing it. The moment my stomach grumbles I need to eat something, I get this paranoid fear like I'm messing up my diet when I'm hungry, like I could be digesting a meal that could be going to good use.

Dont get me wrong though, my diet has been in check, I've been very strict, havent touched a pre-packaged processed food, chips, pop, chocolate, or pastry in months. I'll have the odd beer every now and then but thats just me being a guy who needs a beer with friend every now and then.

youre-doing-it-wrong.jpg.jpg

Back