• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Introducing myself

luk13

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey everyone, I've been lurking in the shadows off/on for the past few months, decided that I've made up my mind and thought now is the time to join the forums.

I'm from Canada, been lifting on/off since I was a teen, and now I'm in my late 20s, and I feel like I've reached a point in my life where I need help.
When I was about 21 I felt like I was a good size, roughly 220 pounds. Then, I ended up becoming a father, and life took over, and stuff got put on hold, and for about 3 years I never touched a barbell. I got fat, I got lazy. Mortgage, Car Payments, Diapers, these all became priority.

A year and a half ago I started up again, and gave it everything, and only now am I just barely touching what I was when I was 21.
I'm suppose to get married in October, and we're taking a couple weeks for our honeymoon, and I wanted to look amazing for it. My spouse, shes amazing, and she used to drool over me when we were younger, and I feel terrible that I let myself go. This past year I've made really great progress, but I'm not where I wanted to be at this point, thats why I'm looking for a little help now. I wanna do this for her, but also for me too.

Anyways, I'm gonna hang around here for awhile, get to know the regulars, I want to make sure I do this right. I'll take any advice given, and hopefully in the near future, get set up with a good source and on the right path to "making it".

A certain Big Ronnie once said, "your first cycle will be research".

Welcome to the forums!

Your first cycle will be research. Echo?
Read the rules, and all of the stickies. Don't do anything until you get the diet extremely under control and you are consistently lifting heavy.

- - - Updated - - -

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to galois again.

Your first cycle will be research. Echo?
Read the rules, and all of the stickies. Don't do anything until you get the diet extremely under control and you are consistently lifting heavy.
I've been really digging these past couple months, and I plan to continue so for the next few too. I'm a cautious kind of guy, I need to be absolutely sure in something before I go forward with it. Right now, I'm absolutely sure I need some help, now I just need to plan out my first run, know exactly what to expect, and even what to not expect, and do it right. Once thats done, I need to really plan how I'm going to get my hands on everything, best way to protect the other guy is to protect myself right?

Anyways, I found this article extremely useful. Its actually been stickied to my browser for months now, its been a bit of a base for my planning. Anyone else in my situation I suggest you take a look, its a well broken out summary:
http://www.anabolicsteroidforums.co...-cycles-for-dummies-Step-by-step-instructions

Welcome bud & congrats on the upcoming nuptials.

Welcome bro! You got some good advice already. Make sure you cover all your bases and get your diet, training, and research down before you jump on anything!

Thanks for the welcoming guys, makes things easier when everyone's willing to walk you through the steps. Other boards that I've tried in the past, the moment somethings off you feel bombarded with criticism, end up feeling like an idiot for not knowing. I plan on doing this right, being cautious and careful every step of the way, making sure I know everything I need to know.

Where I'm from, a small town up north, there are no personal trainers, the gym is a joke, built on top of a swimming pool, everyone you know looks awful, alot of what I learned I had to learn on my own through the internet or just plain trial and error. I ended up building my own gym in my garage over the years, got myself a set of dumbbells, a few bars, a bench, even managed to score a Marcy universal smith, with a half rack on the front of it, with a couple sets of of olympic weights and bars last year in a garage sale.
I'm not getting any younger, so its time to really get my ass in gear again.

Sounds like a good setup. There are plenty of training videos on YouTube for training ideas and motivation. I'm not big on IIFYM but John Meadows has some good training ideas and tweaks on certain movements.

Sounds like a good setup. There are plenty of training videos on YouTube for training ideas and motivation. I'm not big on IIFYM but John Meadows has some good training ideas and tweaks on certain movements.

I think I got a good head on what I need to be doing, like I said I used to go hard when I was younger, just getting back to it after years of 'life' taking. My only problem right now is really form for deadlifting, I never really touched deadlifts when I was younger, nor heavy squats. Since getting back to it, i've really gotten big into heavy olympic lifts, I based my lastest bulk on them, managed to up my squat from 90 last year, to 275 last month. Although alot of these gains could just be muscle memory from my teen years. The most I can deadlift for reps is 3 plates, but my form is off and I'm scared to up it anymore. I feel like I should cut it in half and work my way back up with better form next time.

175lbs-217lbs
Routine check?
2 day split ABxABx~
A:
Squat
Row
Bench
Chin Ups
Bicep Curl

B:
Deadlift
OHP
Dips
Skull Crusher
Lateral Raises

Currently Cutting on this routine I used for bulking, down to 200lbs, doing well so far, I've retained most of my strength which feels great.
I've tried various splits over the years, and I feel simplicity is where its at, never made more progress than I did doing 2 day heavy compounds. I tried a 5 day split when I was a teen that a buddy gave me, one of my first routines, did that for like 8 months, full of isolations, what a waste.

Last edited:
Welcome.

Use promo code tren2k14 for 15% off anabolicamerica.net

Get Shredded!
Welcome, this is a good place to read, listen, and learn.

Back