• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Protein???

Smokedoa

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What does everybody think? 1,1.5, or 2 grams of protein per body pound?some people people say 2 grams and some say 1 gram is plenty
even arnold says 1 gram per pound!:thinking:

I think it depends on gear being run, genetics, goals, and intensity of workout

What does everybody think? 1,1.5, or 2 grams of protein per body pound?some people people say 2 grams and some say 1 gram is plenty
even arnold says 1 gram per pound!:thinking:
I guess that would depend on the types of protein your digesting...and really a personal preference towards your goals and macros...

I recently dropped mine to 1.5 grams and really I don't know if I would be able to hang with only 1 gram
i am always hungry as fuck LOL
mabye I just gotta get use to smaller portions

All dependent on goals, studies show that .5-.7 of your body weight is ideal. The whole, "more isn't always better" thing may/may not come into play since there are a lack of studies for bodybuilding as apposed to fitness. Also, everybody has different rates of chemical reactions within their body; meaning one doesn't always apply for another. I say test it out on yourself, 1 month at a time to see how your body reacts to the difference in protein consumption. :winkfinger:

My last visit to the doc she said I should get at least 75-100 grams a day for my weight and that was at 235. That seemed low to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last visit to the doc she said I should get at least 75-100 grams a day for my weight and that was at 235. That seemed low to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is very low for an athlete.

I recently dropped mine to 1.5 grams and really I don't know if I would be able to hang with only 1 gram
i am always hungry as fuck LOL
mabye I just gotta get use to smaller portions

I usually recommend starting at 1.5 grams, because from there you can make small adjustments up or down to find what is right. For many people, it isn't how much they ingest, but how much is absorbed after being ingested. If absorption is no problem, then down it goes. If absorption is a problem it may have to stay or go up a bit.
Also satiability can sometimes be manipulated by adding just a small amount of good fat when it is very low. That depends on the person as well.

I keep it at 300g on off days, and 400g on lifting days. I weigh 240lbs

Honestly, I havent tracked my protein for awhile and I feel better for it. I used to religiously track it, make sure I had atleast 25g every few hours, scrambling home from the gym so I could suck back that protein shake.
I feel better for it now that I dont track it. I eat when I'm hungry, and when I eat I make sure its something lean with a good amount of protein to it.

What I'm curious about is are protein shakes really necessary. I used to sub meals with shakes just to make sure I got enough, but lately I've just been eating my protein, and I've noticed I've been making better gains without the shakes.

In my opinion and from my personal experience, I would do the same and supplement some meals with shakes but that gets rough on the gut and I swear I'd start feeling like crap. So I switched to whole foods and only supplemented before and after workouts, and the difference was significant. I gained more strength and added weight, needless to say I will never replace whole meals with shakes...

Bigeli

Honestly, I havent tracked my protein for awhile and I feel better for it. I used to religiously track it, make sure I had atleast 25g every few hours, scrambling home from the gym so I could suck back that protein shake.
I feel better for it now that I dont track it. I eat when I'm hungry, and when I eat I make sure its something lean with a good amount of protein to it.

What I'm curious about is are protein shakes really necessary. I used to sub meals with shakes just to make sure I got enough, but lately I've just been eating my protein, and I've noticed I've been making better gains without the shakes.
This...
Keep using your head brother.

Back