• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

F@*# this Job

Romeburning

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So today will be my last day as a Manufacturing Supervisor, I have to train my replacement next week but then I will be moving back to the world of machining, programming, and actually making shit, instead of worthless paperwork all day. I had several dip-shit bosses before the job was offered to me and I thought it's either another shitty boss or be the boss. After a few years of success I can no longer deal with the higher ups, management has their head so far up their ass I'm surprised they don't suffocate, HR actively targets employees instead of protecting them, our safety team walks around looking for unsafe shit then delegates the fixes to the Supervisors (keep in mind they know nothing about equipment or what we do), and finally our sales team lies to our customers, lies to manufacturing, and worries more about winning a new job that pays $100k a year then keeping our current customer happy who is $900k a year. Good news is I will have 10% of the stress and responsibility, but will only take a 5% pay decrease. Bad news is I will not be able to be logged on to ASF most of the day. So to anyone who is a supervisor, and knows employees bitch uphill, while bosses delegate downhill I say good luck, this is the worst job I've ever had and I will not be looking to come back.

:D

Good for you in identifying that, taking action, and getting out. I have found managing my stress level to be much more important than trying to make more money. To me, it's just not worth it when your stress level exceeds your income level. Been there done that. Unfortunately the issues you describe are more common in the workplace today than not. I have found that it's best to keep your mouth shut, turn off your passion, put your 8 hours in (nothing more), and go home at the end of the day.

I have found that it's best to keep your mouth shut, turn off your passion, put your 8 hours in (nothing more), and go home at the end of the day.

This is exactly my plan moving forward. Head down, mouth shut, and have a long career without the B.S. and stress.

So today will be my last day as a Manufacturing Supervisor, I have to train my replacement next week but then I will be moving back to the world of machining, programming, and actually making shit, instead of worthless paperwork all day. I had several dip-shit bosses before the job was offered to me and I thought it's either another shitty boss or be the boss. After a few years of success I can no longer deal with the higher ups, management has their head so far up their ass I'm surprised they don't suffocate, HR actively targets employees instead of protecting them, our safety team walks around looking for unsafe shit then delegates the fixes to the Supervisors (keep in mind they know nothing about equipment or what we do), and finally our sales team lies to our customers, lies to manufacturing, and worries more about winning a new job that pays $100k a year then keeping our current customer happy who is $900k a year. Good news is I will have 10% of the stress and responsibility, but will only take a 5% pay decrease. Bad news is I will not be able to be logged on to ASF most of the day. So to anyone who is a supervisor, and knows employees bitch uphill, while bosses delegate downhill I say good luck, this is the worst job I've ever had and I will not be looking to come back.

:D
I think you and I work at the same company lol.

I think my dad works at the same place too....

Back