PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite multivitamin for being on cycle?

jfreshxo
03-19-2015, 03:13 AM
What's a good multi to take while on cycle to stay healthy? I have taken ultra man sport and the doses seem good, maybe want to try something new. It's fairly cheap, got 90 servings for about $25, the ultra man sport is the same exact as met rx active man. I compared the 2 labels and all ingredients, doses, and even proprietary blends are the exact same, metrx is more pricey. But what's a good multi for on cycle?

BigTime
03-19-2015, 04:03 AM
I use GNC mega man sport right now. Makes my pee neon yellow so at least i know there are vitamins in there even tho I'm pissing half of them out lol. Have used animal packs in the past and they were good too. Just a little spendy.

jfreshxo
03-19-2015, 04:05 AM
I use GNC mega man sport right now. Makes my pee neon yellow so at least i know there are vitamins in there even tho I'm pissing half of them out lol. Have used animal packs in the past and they were good too. Just a little spendy.

I've used mega man too, I compared the two together and ultra man for the most part had higher doses than mega man. I know more is not better so not sure which is better value, gnc kinda pricey but ya my piss was neon green too lol

tomyabo55
03-19-2015, 05:47 AM
I'm currently using the orange triad from controlled labs,it seems pretty good so far.

heymrwaters
03-19-2015, 05:50 AM
Used to use orange triad back in the day. Now this:

http://www.ironmaglabs.com/product/multi-rx/

tommygunz
03-19-2015, 06:45 AM
The reason your urine is bright is because most vitamins are dosed at 300-500% the rda. Most of what you piss away is B's. First understand what vitamins are made of. They are produced chemicals our body needs. Personally I choose whole food vitamins that are mostly 100% of the rda. They are derivatives of food, not man made chemicals. I use a sustained release B complex that doesn't all go down the drain.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/19/fdccc31423562cd45bded90f9b8dfe2d.jpg
I pick these up at vitamin shoppe for about $15.

tren2k14
03-19-2015, 07:12 AM
Animal pack or met-rx arsenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmr79x
03-19-2015, 09:05 AM
:thinking: For a second I had no clue what RDA was and had to Google it. I use Orange Triad as well.

Sheriv
03-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Flintstones
:coffee:

lunchbox55
05-20-2015, 07:21 PM
I use animal pack. But I might try those more natural ones posted above

TBJ
05-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Anavite... Or some cheap ass shit I find at frys

mgrabow
05-20-2015, 08:43 PM
The reason your urine is bright is because most vitamins are dosed at 300-500% the rda. Most of what you piss away is B's. First understand what vitamins are made of. They are produced chemicals our body needs. Personally I choose whole food vitamins that are mostly 100% of the rda. They are derivatives of food, not man made chemicals. I use a sustained release B complex that doesn't all go down the drain.
This is the stuff for me too. Anything that's cold pressed multivitamine

"That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger"

Conceal30
05-20-2015, 08:45 PM
NOW Adam. Read the ingredients and you'll know why.

BackDB78
05-22-2015, 05:36 AM
Orange Triad is what I take, seems to be good. I like the joint complex in it even though there is better joint complexs out there.

Zyglamail
05-22-2015, 07:44 AM

I agree with some of what you saying but if you think "Alive" is all that good for the reasons stated, your highly mistaken.

For starters, it has cyanocobalamin as its source for B12, this is synthetic and by and large total garbage for most people. It uses folic acid, once again not a great choice for many people.

Also keep in mind that swallowed B12 is mostly a waste no matter who makes it, sublingual is many many times more effective.

As for dosing and FDA recommendations, they by and large are a total farce, especially for athletes.

While getting vitamins and minerals from food is an ideal solution the fact of the matter we are living off of animals that are largeluy fed what they are not designed to eat, cows being fed corn for example and the vegitation is being produced on the same land that has been farmed for 100 years so its mineral content is a fraction of what it was 100 years ago.

Then take into account the fact that toxins destroy nutrients and we are inundated with toxic chemicals day in and day out along with a bodybuilders diets that is severely lacking in fruits and vegitables and what you have is a recipe for disaster which no multi will overcome.

I think a multi is good to "fill in the gaps" missing from the rest of a solid supplement regiment but often by itself just isnt enough and not of proper types of nutrients needed..

chocolatemalt
05-22-2015, 08:06 AM
I used to take a daily multivitamin religiously but was discouraged by the large scale (population and time) studies showing pretty much nothing in the way of better health outcomes and in fact some minor but statistically significant heightened cancer risks. If at least a few of these vitamins were doing something important (beyond rescuing the severely malnourished, which is almost no one in the US) I would expect at least *some* blip in the data showing the benefits. 15% reduction in CVD, 12% reduced diabetes risk, 3% increase in lifespan... I mean, *something*, no matter how marginal.

I do get that these studies don't address mega-dosing -- or maybe just "right-dosing" beyond the misguided RDA numbers -- of things like vitamin C and D, magnesium & zinc, so I do take those since the data is at least somewhat compelling.

I've dumped the joe schmoe multis and opted for eating lots of salads, sauteed veggies, nuts and fruit.

jablow22
05-22-2015, 08:08 AM
I really like Anavite

dylanvib4
05-22-2015, 09:54 AM
Honestly I don't stray from ANIMAL unless it makes my dick bigger or somehow turns me into a wizard. Animal flex, omega, and in your case PAK are phenomenal products. Read the amounts of what you get compared to other products and you'll see for yourself.

I can't speak for their cuts, or nitro or anything like that. But the FLEX (joint support), OMEGA (fish oils), and PAK (multi) have never done me wrong. I personally feel so much better running these products than when I'm not.

Zyglamail
05-22-2015, 10:25 AM
I used to take a daily multivitamin religiously but was discouraged by the large scale (population and time) studies showing pretty much nothing in the way of better health outcomes and in fact some minor but statistically significant heightened cancer risks. If at least a few of these vitamins were doing something important (beyond rescuing the severely malnourished, which is almost no one in the US) I would expect at least *some* blip in the data showing the benefits. 15% reduction in CVD, 12% reduced diabetes risk, 3% increase in lifespan... I mean, *something*, no matter how marginal.

I do get that these studies don't address mega-dosing -- or maybe just "right-dosing" beyond the misguided RDA numbers -- of things like vitamin C and D, magnesium & zinc, so I do take those since the data is at least somewhat compelling.

I've dumped the joe schmoe multis and opted for eating lots of salads, sauteed veggies, nuts and fruit.

The thing with multi's, or any vitamin/mineral supplement, is that there are so many factors involved. Quality and form are two of the big ones, then delivery method and then of course amounts of nutrient.

Supp companies in general when it comes to nutrients and multi's have to make sure that the doses they use are generally accepted tolerable amounts for most people. This often means that for those in need of higher doses of specific nutrients, which is almost everyone, they just cant get whats needed from a multi alone.

One of the first things I look at is B12, if its not methylcobalamin then right then and there I question the quality of the product as a whole. If they are going to use a very poor source of B12 then they are likely skimping everywhere else as well. Most seem to try and impress with sheer quantity of items included and I often wonder, how the hell can they pack so much stuff in just a couple horse pills?

One of the most overlooked supps among athletes I have found is potassium and magnesium, both of which are found in too small amounts to be of much use in a multi. I think a lot of corners are cut and sacrificed made, generally speaking, when it comes to a multi, for example B12 is very susceptible to heat and light and requires specific handling and packaging which I dont think is largely factored in when a multi is created resulting in b12 content that is damaged and much weaker than advertised dose.

All in all I dont think taking a multi is a bad idea but I think their shortfalls lead many people to believe that proper supplementation is a waste of money just because they tried a multi with little or no benefit.

chocolatemalt
05-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Interesting details, and your concerns all seem reasonable. But you're sorta validating my conclusion on multis -- possibly a waste of time on the whole. Probably better to just eat well (lots of veggies and fruits of all colors) and add in quality supplements (C, D, certain minerals, etc) individually as needed?

I don't wanna sound like I'm immune to voodoo. I still take my fish oil pills because I believe they help despite some evidence questioning any overall positive effect. The placebo effect is real! I just gotta believe... gotta believe...

Zyglamail
05-22-2015, 03:10 PM
I actually havent used a multi myself in a while but for someone who doesnt want to take the time to dial in a specific full spectrum high quality supp plan I think they are a good idea. I seriously doubt anyone can get everything they need from food alone.

tommygunz
05-23-2015, 08:06 AM
http://youtu.be/5gZJ-T7ajrw

Yah cause vitamins are a waste.

DUB73
05-23-2015, 08:46 AM
OPTI-MEN from ON.

Ltrain
05-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Orange Triad for me also

Blue987
05-23-2015, 09:37 AM
This is what I take. Very high quality ingredients. 14053

Unlisted
05-23-2015, 10:42 AM
http://youtu.be/5gZJ-T7ajrw

Yah cause vitamins are a waste.
Lmao...looks like my mourning regemin...

brokebad
06-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Orange triad. Multi and joint support in one. Idk if the multi makes a difference but I can definitely feel it working for my joints.

California
06-09-2015, 12:11 PM
OT Every day.

hamchuck
06-09-2015, 12:16 PM
ive used animal pack but fuck all those pills. I switched over to orange triad awhile back .

Sardomnumsy
06-24-2015, 06:40 AM
I was taking Myovite but Im switching back to Animal pack.

joeytl
07-19-2015, 08:27 AM
OT in powder form... it has a green complex added to it that is not in the pills. really like this stuff better compared to the gaspari anavite i was taking.

Lokthan
07-19-2015, 08:56 PM
Animal Pak

OLDMANLIFTING
08-01-2015, 06:54 AM
I also have tried many but prefer Animal Pak

Deepsea01
08-03-2015, 06:53 AM
I really like orange triad. Switched over to grenade ration pak. It seems pretty good so far. It has bcaa, fish oil, vitamin and a probiotic.

Mountain-Man
10-01-2015, 02:12 AM
Universal animal packs

theCaptn'
10-01-2015, 02:56 AM
I inject vitamin R

theCaptn'
11-10-2015, 05:47 PM
I was using animal pack. I switched to optimen from ON

Can you feel the difference?

rside
11-11-2015, 04:45 PM
I never take the multis seriously guys.. orange triad seems good,and animal pack.But honestly i throw a huge handful of kale in the blender daily with whey and i also eat peppers every day,green,red,yellow..all types.Load up on the veggies as really we have no data at all supporting vitamins even get absorbed.

tone
11-17-2015, 05:37 PM
N2guard is the best I've found

kRAVmAGA
11-17-2015, 05:51 PM
I never take the multis seriously guys.. orange triad seems good,and animal pack.But honestly i throw a huge handful of kale in the blender daily with whey and i also eat peppers every day,green,red,yellow..all types.Load up on the veggies as really we have no data at all supporting vitamins even get absorbed.

^Agree. Sometimes it's hard to get all those veggies in though. I found Superfood on T-Nation, Biotest Store, to be helpful.

https://biotest.t-nation.com/products/superfood

funguy28
11-23-2015, 07:34 AM
one a day gummies