• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Annoying fucks at the gym

MShiz

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
How many others of you have to deal with dumb kids or people fucking around on equipment you're waiting for like this? Get the fuck out of my way if you're not going to seriously use the machine. He sat there for a good 10-15 minutes doing that shit, this is another reason I hate the ymca; this wouldn't fly at a real gym.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ye0MI07dI&feature=youtu.be

Is that a kid? Looks like he's 14 years old at the max. You can't work out in my gym unsupervised until your 16, and shit like that wouldn't fly.

I would have asked him where his parents are and told him to go home. He needs to go to planet fitness where that shit is encouraged

Yea I wouldn't even say he's 14. They have the same rule but they don't enforce it as you can see. Every day I have to go over to a group of middle schoolers huddled around some equipment doing nothing but playing grab ass and trying to lift as much or more than I can and failing trying to show each other up. I fucking hate the gym but it's the closest to me

I keep watching over and over. It's hilarious how the weight pulls him forward like someone just stomped on the gas pedal and he wasn't ready for it.

maybe I should encourage shit like this from now on... Tell kids to go bench double their weight, you got it buddy no problem. So when one of them gets fucked up the gym won't let them in there anymore.

That is the worse possible thing,when your waiting on a machine and you have to wait for someone to stop playing on it

That is the worse possible thing,when your waiting on a machine and you have to wait for someone to stop playing on it

I don't have a problem waiting for a machine, if you're seriously using it. Because when I get on a machine I take my time and do what I need to do, but I do my workout and get off. I wish they would just enforce the rules, no kids under 16, and anyone under 18 needs to pass the weight training course. That's what I had to follow when I was a kid, but now that's gone out the window.

You should have just asked if you could work in and then never let him back on it. He wouldn't know what to do. He would wander off. That shit is pretty annoying

Could be worse the only gym close to my house is full of 16 year olds whose nuts haven't even dropped yet. They love their sleeveless superman shirts and grunting while doing 135lb dead lifts then drop the bar from their waist. And the gym management refuses to stop them and threatened to revoke my families membership if I actually stuck the bar up their ass.

You should have just asked if you could work in and then never let him back on it. He wouldn't know what to do. He would wander off. That shit is pretty annoying

Haha! Normally when I get fed up with it I just walk over and say, are you done fucking around with this? Or are you using this you've been sitting on it a while now.. And they don't know how to respond and let me on. This kid I found kind of humorous, annoying, but what he was doing was funny and I had to get a video.

IML Gear Cream!
Could be worse the only gym close to my house is full of 16 year olds whose nuts haven't even dropped yet. They love their sleeveless superman shirts and grunting while doing 135lb dead lifts then drop the bar from their waist. And the gym management refuses to stop them and threatened to revoke my families membership if I actually stuck the bar up their ass.

Lol. I need to find a real gym where they wouldn't tolerate this, I deal with it literally every time I go to the gym. I walk out to get a drink of water and some kids taking the plates off each side of the leg press machine he just saw me get off of, and I have to go tell him to stop and then I get to put them all back on.

Annoying fatass who claims to have trained with cutler and irritating me while I do my cardio. Then proceeds to tell me to stop because im eating my muscle away, I just shrugged him off...

Annoying fatass who claims to have trained with cutler and irritating me while I do my cardio. Then proceeds to tell me to stop because im eating my muscle away, I just shrugged him off...

Lol that's the second time this week I've heard someone say they've been told cardio takes away from muscle mass... don't understand the thinking there..

That's why I put my gym in the garage and have a partner. You don't get the atmosphere but I can work without the distractions.

That's why I put my gym in the garage and have a partner. You don't get the atmosphere but I can work without the distractions.

Yea wish I had the money for it.. I have a small bench and a few Dumbbells in the basement, but I've outgrown the weight.

Yea wish I had the money for it.. I have a small bench and a few Dumbbells in the basement, but I've outgrown the weight.

i bought most of the iron used. I found a guy that has a huge warehouse and I mean huge. Full of equipment. He supplies all of the big gyms around and I got all of it at a really good rate. All commercial but older equipment.

i bought most of the iron used. I found a guy that has a huge warehouse and I mean huge. Full of equipment. He supplies all of the big gyms around and I got all of it at a really good rate. All commercial but older equipment.

Nice, it would be much more convinient. Only concern is I have no partner that I can really rely on, I've got weight stuck on my chest before would hate to do it again.. Lol

I had to ask two different people if I could have the equipment they were taking up space on tonight. It's usually not a big deal if you just ask friendly.

I hate when people bring their small kids to the gym after hours and let them play around though. I love kids at all other times but not in the gym. It's completely on the parents though

With all due respect of course it is frustrating to have to wait on equipment especially when they don't know how to use it or know what they're doing . On the other hand it could be his first experience in a gym . He doesn't know what to do, how could he . Just maybe coming over to offer to show him how to do rows properly and then you could have worked in getting your sets would be more productive . Not trying to make you feel bad or anything it's just we ALL came into the gym once not knowing what the hell we were doing . To have some huge behemouth come over and totally intimidate or put down a young person or even anybody is not cool and only re-inforces the stereotype that BBers are assholes . We gotta have some love brother !

With all due respect of course it is frustrating to have to wait on equipment especially when they don't know how to use it or know what they're doing . On the other hand it could be his first experience in a gym . He doesn't know what to do, how could he . Just maybe coming over to offer to show him how to do rows properly and then you could have worked in getting your sets would be more productive . Not trying to make you feel bad or anything it's just we ALL came into the gym once not knowing what the hell we were doing . To have some huge behemouth come over and totally intimidate or put down a young person or even anybody is not cool and only re-inforces the stereotype that BBers are assholes . We gotta have some love brother !
Yea...... I'll pass on doing that with kids. Sorry but I bet if you teach them what to do and give them all the advise in the world. Either they will not listen and end up hurting themselves or try to get you kick out of the gym. And I would pass on showing them love because then the cops will show up. Sorry but it not a win-win situation unless the kid come to you asking questions about how to train, eat and supplement; as well as self-motivated already.

Last edited:
It happens to the first and last post on the page.. Just advertising on asf

I completely understand where youre coming from and I agree to a point. If he had any intention on really working out I would help him out if need be, but he came into the weight room, where he shouldn't be based on gym rules, and wanted to play around. He didn't seriously try and lift anything, as you can see by him stretching his arms back and forth; that was what he did for 10 minutes. Anytime someone needs help in the gym Im more than glad to help, but he wanted to play not lift and that's what annoys me.. If you're working out I'm more than patient and more than willing to wait, but if you're fucking around you need to go..

Lol that's the second time this week I've heard someone say they've been told cardio takes away from muscle mass... don't understand the thinking there..

Very high intensity cardio that puts your heart rate into the "fat burning zone" (can't remember the % of max heart rate) for an extended period of time has been shown to burn muscle as well as fat. Use low intensity steady state (LISS) or high intensity interval (HIIT) when doing your cardio to spare muscle loss.

Just think of the structure of a sprinter vs that of a long distance runner.

Very high intensity cardio that puts your heart rate into the "fat burning zone" (can't remember the % of max heart rate) for an extended period of time has been shown to burn muscle as well as fat. Use low intensity steady state (LISS) or high intensity interval (HIIT) when doing your cardio to spare muscle loss.

Good info, I wasn't aware and always thought it to be a stupid idea. Thank you for clarifying

Well said. Just think of an athlete that you want to look like and then behave like they do. Both diet and exercise. And if you want to *avoid* looking like a certain athlete (e.g. sumo wrestler) then avoid what they do: http://www.bodyin45.com/nutrition/how-sumo-wrestlers-and-your-friends-get-so-fat/

How many others of you have to deal with dumb kids or people fucking around on equipment you're waiting for like this? Get the fuck out of my way if you're not going to seriously use the machine. He sat there for a good 10-15 minutes doing that shit, this is another reason I hate the ymca; this wouldn't fly at a real gym.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ye0MI07dI&feature=youtu.be

I can almost guarantee that no one has ever taught this little man any etiquette or taken a minute to show him how to use the machines properly. A simple thing like walking over there and talking to him. Simply asking if you can jump in to get a few reps and offering to show him how to use the machine properly goes a long way in shaping America's youth. Not teaching little men some respect for others will only breed animosity and strife. Besides, you never know, he could be the future Lee Haney. You didn't expect me to say Ronnie Coleman did you? There's only one Ronnie!

I can almost guarantee that no one has ever taught this little man any etiquette or taken a minute to show him how to use the machines properly. A simple thing like walking over there and talking to him. Simply asking if you can jump in to get a few reps and offering to show him how to use the machine properly goes a long way in shaping America's youth. Not teaching little men some respect for others will only breed animosity and strife. Besides, you never know, he could be the future Lee Haney. You didn't expect me to say Ronnie Coleman did you? There's only one Ronnie!

This is what I was thinking.........:coffee:

This exactly

It's not just young ones. Yesterday there was a 60 yo doing (cheating) 45 lb concentration curls on the damn seated cable row. There were three empty benches in the dumbbell area. Finally one of the other older men, who knows I'm one of the few fuckers that takes my workouts seriously, politely notified the man of his errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back