• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Left leg injection, puss like substance (pics) help

NattyAsGraham

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So left VG was sore after leg day didn't think much of it. Last inject was 3 days earlier no signs of any fever or infection. A day after leg day I go to inject I aspirate and this shit comes out.

VG is sore and slightly inflamed on the inside as in its not relaxing when I take pressure of it. Is this infection?? It looks thick and floats around. Should I start a round of keflex?

93de384d7d50f7281c1049e16dd4902d.jpg

I have had that happen before when I wasn't rotating sites enough pretty sure a sterile abscess or just undissolved oil I was told not to try and drain it that it should take care of itself .I had a hard lump in my ass it didn't hurt but you could feel a big knot .I pinned in other spots for a couple of weeks and it went away on its own.

Ahhh could be right! Because it was the first time I ever pinned 2.5mls in that spot ever.. Could be too much oil at once, yah it feels like s knot in that particular spot like the whole VG is constantly tight.

Only hurts slightly when I push into it hard.

Interesting thing is I've pinned the same amount in the right VG for the first time that week and no sign of a knot

Is the area reed and swollen? Then Yes, the pus is coming from an infected abscess most likely caused by an unsanitary injection or bacteria from the oils in my opinion. I would go to the doctor this morning for treatment.

I followed protocol. New pin for draw new pin for inject, swap inject site with alcohol swab, make sure pin touches nothing but swabbed site..

I don't think it's the oil. I've used 5 other mls of the same vial with no infection so far in other areas.

If it's an infection it would be red hot and painful keep an eye on it and if it gets worse take meds or see a dr.

IDK then, but if it's pus coming from my leg I'm going to the docs office for a round of antibiotics and a professional opinion.

That's he thing it's not hot at all. Has no fever and no swelling other then tightening...

Google sterile abscess

IML Gear Cream!
I took some out and put it on a tissue, has no odor other then the oil I had in the syringe, infected abscess apparently STINK horribly

I've had lumps from injecting too fast that turned purple and they were definitely filled with something that wasn't oil. They stayed black and blue and never gave me a fever and would disappear after a few days. Just saying it's not always a run to the ER infection situation. Asked my girl about it who gives shots to dogs and stuff all the time and said it was just a hematoma.

how long after an infection sets in should you have a fever?

Normally a few days max isn't it?

I mean after the injection and aspirating that crap I feel faint and a bit sick. I dunno maybe paranoia or some of it went into a vein I knicked on the way in?

Normally a few days max isn't it?

I mean after the injection and aspirating that crap I feel faint and a bit sick. I dunno maybe paranoia or some of it went into a vein I knicked on the way in?

in all honesty if I aspirated and stuff that like that came out I would probably just go to a urgent care out of paranoia. Just say you were experimenting with b12 for the first time if you use insurance.

Hmmmm well I do feel ill. But It might just be the flu I had a few days ago. It's late at night don't want to bother the family with paranoia I'll sleep it off and see how it goes. I'll update tomorrow if I'm still here ;)

Abscesses can definitely stink but they can not stink too. Best non stinky example I can think of was palm size pus fill abscesses my youngest daughter got from a MRSA infection. That didn't smell at all which was amazing given the amount of nasty that came out of em.
I would be willing to bet you have a sterile abscess though and some pus is to be expected with any foreign substance chilling out in your body. I would still go with a round of antibiotics.

So no problems so far, I say tightness has gone down slightly. So far so good :)

Thanks sheriv, I'll see how I go. Id rather avoid using antibiotics if I can, if symptoms develop I'll definitely jump on them

It looks like it might be some oil that pooled near the injection site and re- entered the pin.

Back