• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Kidney and Liver functions 3.5 weeks into Tren Cycle

Dannie

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
svpedw.jpg

Blood drawn 3.5 weeks into
700mg Test E
350mg Tren A

'Protein leakage' and high ALT, I was asked if I drink a lot of alcohol... I had a glass of wine about 2 weeks ago :coffee:
High ALT is most likely caused by Tren. But what really bothers me is the high protein in urine.

I am far from a 'meathead' as I average around 160g protein a day, which works out 0.7g /lbs of body, so far from 1.5-2g/lbs some members on here do. I also only use 20g of Whey (15g of protein) a day 10g in the morning, 10g before bed.

Test was done first thing in the morning, it would have been even higher if done post workout.

Nevertheless I shall follow up with another, which will be at 4.5 weeks into the cycle.

ALT is nothing to worry about. Once it hits 3 times upper limit then you need to take notice though.

Repeat the urinalysis with way less protein in your diet a few days before. Maybe cut it in half. That one you need to pay attention to brother.

Surely reducing protein intake even lower would result in less albumin in urine, but what would that prove? That I have to turn vegan?
Its not like I stuff my face with chicken breasts and have 3 x 50g servings of whey a day, quite the opposite. I eat balanced meals, mostly carbs.
I average 160g Protein a day which equals 0.7g of Protein / lbs of body weight.

I was planning to increase my water intake by 0.5-0.7L and see how that affects the results.

Prior to the test my fluid intake looked as follows

3.5 L (0.8 gal) on non workout days.
4.5 L (1 gal) on workout days.

Half of it is from water alone, rest from other drinks such as tea, coffee, milk, juice and soda.

If you cut protein in half and you are still dumping in your urine then you have a potentially serious issue. That's why I recommended that course of action. Kidneys are not something to fuck around with. I would take this very seriously.

Best of luck

I would also second taking this seriously..if your sodium is over normal value and your water intake is that high..and you're dumping protein in the urine you NEED to address it.

I remember a few years ago when I was having gall stone problems the dr did a blood panel on me. When I went back in the student dr accused me of being an alcoholic. I was nearly ready to come to blows with the guy because of it. I didn't drink and to have the prick accuse me of it really pissed me off.

You know how I found out I was passing gallstones? Vague shoulder pain that I thought was a pulled muscle...nurse sent me in for a urine sample ...I peed the color of coffee (it's bile in the urine) I freaked cuz I was a kid and had no idea what it was all about...Dr came in looked at it said. You have gallstones. .we can do fancy tests but this is bile. I'll send you for ultrasound to confirm

You know how I found out I was passing gallstones? Vague shoulder pain that I thought was a pulled muscle...nurse sent me in for a urine sample ...I peed the color of coffee (it's bile in the urine) I freaked cuz I was a kid and had no idea what it was all about...Dr came in looked at it said. You have gallstones. .we can do fancy tests but this is bile. I'll send you for ultrasound to confirm

Gallstones not kidney stones...

it's the part of the body that digests fat and at the time I didn't have insurance so I got a nice 15k bill for mri's

See above...gallstones..
I have a degree in neurobiology..besides scrubbing in for surgery working out of a combat support hospital I've dissected people and held a gallbladder in my hand..it stores bile to digests fat...

Dannies bloodwork is consistent with kidneys tho unfortunately

See above...gallstones..
I have a degree in neurobiology..besides scrubbing in for surgery working out of a combat support hospital I've dissected people and held a gallbladder in my hand..it stores bile to digests fat...

and I am ashamed...

lol

seriously though, I've blew out both knees, broken foot (played hockey on it) fingers, hundreds of stitches, went 10 years with a ruptured disc in my neck and the gallstone attack was the worst pain I've ever had, and they asked about shoulder pain but this was before my neck surgery so I really didn't know of it at the time.

crazy shit

IML Gear Cream!
Right now I'm dealing with the worst pain I've ever felt and I've had 4 kids. So...no good :(
So I may he inadvertently snippy

See above...gallstones..

Neurobiology? Damn, your like 3/4 rocket scientist. Makes sense why and how you always sound overly knowledgeable about all of this stuff.

Neurobiology? Damn, your like 3/4 rocket scientist. Makes sense why and how you always sound overly knowledgeable about all of this stuff.
The hubs is actually actually rocket scientist and likes to Lord it over me
:coffee:

And neurobiology major. I don't do anything with it now.

There's someone else on this board that completed the same major that everyone thinks is a dick ;)

Right now I'm dealing with the worst pain I've ever felt and I've had 4 kids. So...no good :(
So I may he inadvertently snippy

You're good, you put me in my place

Didn't mean too..meant to just clarify and sorta be like...I'm not just a board cheerleader...

Honestly I don't mind it, I don't have a "you're a woman, know your role" type of guy. I grew up with a single mom and I have a deep respect for women especially smart ones.

Heavy, Sheriv if you are still interested.

Dr never called back hence I assumed that everything was back to normal, however as pain in lower back persisted I went to get a second opinion.
Apparently last lot of tests also showed high amounts of protein in the urine, hence the new Dr decided to run more urine and blood tests.
Just got a call from the secretary, I shall speak to the Dr tomorrow but it appears that my kidneys are perished :(

_
For the record my daily protein intake has been at around 140g for the 3 months, and around 160g prior to that.
I got off a high (300g+) protein diet about a year ago, since then I had been lowering the daily protein intake by 20-40g every couple of weeks and assessing what impact it has on me.

Last edited:
Ouch. That sucks man. Did you have underlying kidney issues?

Get Shredded!
I'm *REALLY* curious about something Heavy said...

Do you really consider the "danger" point for ALT to be 3x the clinical range? I'm just curious if that's based upon a personal "set" point or if there's some anecdotal or other basis for that...

I'm of the opinion that it's up to the individual athlete/coach to determine the "danger points" based upon individual medical risks (for instance, I have no history of liver/kidney risks nor any in my family, but I'll drop a cycle damned fast if my BP gets outta hand because stroke risk is so high in my fam), but that just stood out as interesting to me.

:: crosses fingers for Dannie ::

Imho those numbers dont look real threatning....is your dr aware of your lifestyle ?..normally.i find when a dr questions alcohol intake as a possible issue the dr is uninformed by the patient on what they are taking off label and/or extensive physical activity...

I hope the news turns better, Dannie. Is there anything besides heightened BP that might've contributed to this, as far as our lifestyle is concerned? I was under the impression we weren't directly attacking the kidneys with the compounds we use including tren.

I'm *REALLY* curious about something Heavy said...

Do you really consider the "danger" point for ALT to be 3x the clinical range? I'm just curious if that's based upon a personal "set" point or if there's some anecdotal or other basis for that...

I'm of the opinion that it's up to the individual athlete/coach to determine the "danger points" based upon individual medical risks (for instance, I have no history of liver/kidney risks nor any in my family, but I'll drop a cycle damned fast if my BP gets outta hand because stroke risk is so high in my fam), but that just stood out as interesting to me.

:: crosses fingers for Dannie ::
A doc takes notice of ALT at 3 times upper limit. Usually studies are ended if a participant goes 3-5 times upper limit.

Heavy, Sheriv if you are still interested.

Dr never called back hence I assumed that everything was back to normal, however as pain in lower back persisted I went to get a second opinion.
Apparently last lot of tests also showed high amounts of protein in the urine, hence the new Dr decided to run more urine and blood tests.
Just got a call from the secretary, I shall speak to the Dr tomorrow but it appears that my kidneys are perished :(

_
For the record my daily protein intake has been at around 140g for the 3 months, and around 160g prior to that.
I got off a high (300g+) protein diet about a year ago, since then I had been lowering the daily protein intake by 20-40g every couple of weeks and assessing what impact it has on me.
Bummer, that sounds bad. Be persistent with your health brother. Doctors will blow you off unless you push them.

Good luck

I hope the news turns better, Dannie. Is there anything besides heightened BP that might've contributed to this, as far as our lifestyle is concerned? I was under the impression we weren't directly attacking the kidneys with the compounds we use including tren.

I used fhe term "lifestyle " too encompass a wide range..probably not the best term as its pretty vague...

Therd are alot of things that can cause protein in your urine ...my suggestion for the OP is to be very forthcoming with his dr if he is not....this way possible causes can be deducted from the list of scenarios...

I have seen worse markers....hell mine were worse then his at one time....i just had to pin point the cause..

Urine albumin levels are more specific for damage to the glomerulus and the basement membrane. It takes quite a bit of inflammation and damage to allow even a smaller protein molecule like albumin to cross that membrane. Are you having any serious edema or other symptoms? That's usually the hallmark of tubular or glomerular damage because albumin plays such an important role in the osmotic balance that keeps the fluid from leaking into the tissues around capillaries. Generally the legs will swell first. As far as the ALT level goes that's not nearly high enough to warrant much worry unless it continues to rise. I've seen some astronomically high ALT numbers come back in or close to range just by giving fluids and restoring hydration.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Your GFR, Cr. and BUN are within normal limits, with GFR being the best maker for acute renal injury or CKD. Don't stress over it until your doctor is able to review your other test and get back with you.

Just to back what Heavy has stated, I've heard too the liver values need to be exceeding 100 on both AST/ALT for there to be any real concern. My info was from a liver & kidney tx director of well known hospital that I was shadowing.

Back