• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Varying consistency of Test Cyp

Hooks & Ladders

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey fellas, hoping you guys can help clear something up for me...

I've only ever used test cyp (200mg/ml) from my compounding pharmacy for TRT. It's very viscous, so obviously it takes awhile to draw if using a small gauge needle.

I recently tried using a different brand of cypionate (250mg/ml) which is manufactured outside of the U.S. This stuff is extremely easy to draw through a small gauge needle. MUCH easier than the cyp from the compounding pharmacy.

It draws damn near as fast as my hCG. I assumed that since it had a higher concentration, it would be slower to draw, but it's the opposite.

Is this something that I should be concerned about? Or is this likely the result of a different carrier oil?

It should never draw as easy as HCG. In fact talking with a nurse practitioner I know, she hates test shots because of how thick the oil is. Its pretty normal to be a slow draw.

It shouldn't be as viscous as HCG, but different carrier oils will change how thick the fluid is. Your new test probably has a thinner oil than your previous prescription test.

It should never draw as easy as HCG. In fact talking with a nurse practitioner I know, she hates test shots because of how thick the oil is. Its pretty normal to be a slow draw.

I was exaggerating a bit about the hCG, but it was shocking how easy it was to draw when compared to my previous cyp prescriptions. Caught me off guard.

It shouldn't be as viscous as HCG, but different carrier oils will change how thick the fluid is. Your new test probably has a thinner oil than your previous prescription test.

Thanks man, that's what I figured the issue may be. I just don't have any experience with different carrier oils so I didn't know what to expect.

Well don't exaggerate if you want a reply I was thinking you got ripped the fuck off. But yes the carrier oil can change how thick your gear is.

Ethyl-oleate is very thin. Safflower oil is rather thin and so is MCT oil. I personally don't like and won't use thick oils.

Ethyl-oleate is very thin. Safflower oil is rather thin and so is MCT oil. I personally don't like and won't use thick oils.

Now that I've experienced this, I feel the same way. Maybe I'll call my compounding pharmacy and see if they'd be able to brew some in the carrier oil of my choosing.

Oils used as well as solvents all will greatly effect viscosity.

I only use mct oil based gear so I can pin with a 25g and not use horrible EO solvent based gear since EO irritates me badly.

I always draw with a 20g and pin with a 23 or 25 g.....simple fix.

Back