• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Gym Partner how to find one? How did you find one?

Littleguy

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hello everyone,

I am curious how you got your gym partner? I am a loner at the gym, but sometimes I wish I had a partner so I could have someone pushing me past my limits, the competition thing. I am pretty self motivated, but a partner would be nice sometimes.

I can't get one at work, I work alone and most of my coworkers don't workout. They are tired from work since we drive and handle packages all day....

I'm a loner in the gym too. Always have been. I do have a good buddy that is about to start back and if our schedules allow it we'll probably lift together. Other than that I'll stay a loner and just ask for a spot if I need one

I can't step into the the gym without everyone saying hey. I go when no one is there to get in the zone.
Do you workout at a cookie cutter gym or a real old school hole in the wall for serious mo fos? If you have a good neighborhood gym, it is hard to not know people.

Partners are great when they share the same workout ethics you do, rarely have I seen that in action.....late, cancel, sick, hurt, to gawd damn talkative, not at the same level as you, etc....
at 42 I've had a few, all to disappoint....loner for 10+years, love it.
I wish you luck finding one man!

You can join the military if you aren't too old. That's the only place I ever had workout partners. I roll solo like 99% of the people on here. It's easier to not have someone interfering with the routines you set in place. I would say just be friendly at the gym and when you need that push, ask for a spot. I have always been glad to do that for people.

Work out partners are over rated. They either don't show up, want to talk the whole time or do 3 things, get tired and leave.
With that said, I love lifting with me guy. When he's not dicking around (everyone talks to him at the gym) he knows when to push me, when I need a tiny assist to get that last rep, and gives me the guilt trip on those rare occasions i try to skip out on the gym.

In all seriousness, maybe you could try craigslist? You may get a ton of weirdos though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the best workout partners i've ever had have always been females except for my training partner in houston. might be something else to consider.

I work out with Mexican fella on the weekends only. We were spotting eachother so much that we just started timing our workouts together.
We are not friends. We keep our head phones in. we talk gear a little. We typically talk about the objective of the next set or trying a movement differently. Admittedly we do discuss the women at the gym.
It's pretty much all business and we both treat it like that I send him one text on thur... it's usually like "chest, sat 10" and the response is "k"... and that's a deep conversation for us

Gays are great WO partners. They'll rub your shoulders in between sets and so on. Just gotta flirt a little and give em hope.

IML Gear Cream!
Yeah I workout at a cookie cutter, closest, most convenient gym to me. I wish I could find a serious gym spotter. You know someone to give you that little push when you have 1 too many plates on there, but you can do it with a little spot. Just to get to the next level. I might have to ask for spots....

I am in Southern Ca so the gym is packed first thing in the morning and almost evening on to 10 at night sucks....

Solo brother! I have a good buddy that we meet once every few months to do a max chest session and keep our eggos in check. We have similar work ethics but approach it from different angles.. But when we meet up for chest day... It's a blow out! And it helps me gauge my progress

I used to have a partner ...now I'm alone. I'll tell you for me a partner can be nice for spots and pushing each other harder ....but because of my restricted schedule I am much better alone because it takes much longer in the gym w/ a partner ..

I met my workout partner on Match.com 9 years ago. Ended up marrying her :). My other workout partner is Dylanvib4. I think it's important to find a workout partner with similar goals, or at least one that understands your goals. I don't rely on my workout partner to provide motivation, I believe that must come from within.

Work out partners are over rated. They either don't show up, want to talk the whole time or do 3 things, get tired and leave.
With that said, I love lifting with me guy. When he's not dicking around (everyone talks to him at the gym) he knows when to push me, when I need a tiny assist to get that last rep, and gives me the guilt trip on those rare occasions i try to skip out on the gym.

In all seriousness, maybe you could try craigslist? You may get a ton of weirdos though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, exactly...the only one with the same work ethic as me is my wife. I know when she has more in the tank better than she does too.

I prefer to train alone though. You know what really pisses me off...someone standing there or over me going "yeah", "one more", "get it", "lets go" ect ect.... It takes all of my focus off what I am doing and makes me want to drop my weights and go SHUT THE FUCK UP!

I met my workout partner on Match.com 9 years ago. Ended up marrying her :). My other workout partner is Dylanvib4. I think it's important to find a workout partner with similar goals, or at least one that understands your goals. I don't rely on my workout partner to provide motivation, I believe that must come from within.

^^ Every word of this x10000000..... people that try and motivate during a set just piss me off. Break my focus ect. Unless you were going for a squat or dead PR then an audience and shouting doesnt bother me at all.

I tried to workout with the wife... BUT all she wants to do is the stair stepper, treadmill etc. At least I will drive with her to the gym, but I am on my own the rest of the time. I do workout with her, but her scope of working out muscles is once a week legs or arms light weight.

I just tried craigslist yesterday, but that guy wanted to do like the classes that are like p90x. so not the same goal at all. What happened to the guys that want to get swole? I will have to be friendly at the gym I guess?

I just moved to CA a year ago....Much different that Arizona. In AZ seemed like guys in the gym were happy to spot, want to hit it hard. Here not so much, more talk and BS going on.....

Maybe I will move back to AZ ;) I was a happy 200 pounder, here I leaned out to 180 and I don't like it.

Back