• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Does gear really stop working after prolonged use ?

For me it does. Around week 15 is where my body gets used to the base in my stack. I use Sust as my base. I think it's like all substances people put into there body. Our bodies build up a tolerance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is your body saying that it has been working overtime and needs a break. You have been taxing your endocrine system, your cardiovascular system, liver, neural pathways, etc. Your body needs a break or like professional bodybuilders, you have to really start upping the doses.

In hindsight I think it would keep working if I changed my diet meticulously when I notice gains slowed. I think even if the receptors theory is true AAS is still going to increase protein synthesis and recovery beyond being natty. Yeah i think your body becomes accustomed to it and gains level off, but they don't just quit working totally or else why would a lot of guys never want to come off?

Gains definitely slow down. Change up the compounds, keep your body guessing. I have done a 8 week NPP blast, then 8 week tren ace blast back to back. Keep the gains rolling.

Whoa?!

That is your body saying that it has been working overtime and needs a break. You have been taxing your endocrine system, your cardiovascular system, liver, neural pathways, etc. Your body needs a break or like professional bodybuilders, you have to really start upping the doses.

I would take BR's advice! He seems to have it together on this AAS stuff.

I have been on some long cycles, and from experience gains do level off. To the point of diminishing returns.

It is scientific fact that your receptors will no longer uptake the medication as much or as well with prolonged use. Taking the time off "cleans" them and allows for a good cycle next time around.

So...run a cycle, make gains. Come off and keep as much of your gains as possible. Run another cycle and add to your gains. Come off and keep as much of your gains as possible. Repeat the process.

It is a marathon, not a race. As we were able to establish a great physique with just one very long cycle, then that is what ppl would be doing.

Due to myostatin, gains level off around week 8. Backloading with an oral helps to keep things going.

IML Gear Cream!
Ive done some long runs and found that it greatly depends on the compounds...the stronger the faster they flood the receptors slowing gains...but switching compounds helped but cost vs. Gains issue...in the long run was a big waste...

Androgen receptors do not down regulate or "de-sensitize" as some think. Androgens actually increase muscle mass which creates new receptor sites to act on. If anything androgens up-regulate or "sensitize" your receptors. There's no "cleanse" that happens when you come off. The only reason you stop gaining is because you need to keep upping calories as you grow, and keep your workouts fresh and not let them get stale. My last blast was 600mg test E 600mg deca for 24 weeks and I never stopped gaining or leveled off. I just started force feeding myself towards the end to get the last few lbs.

If staying on made you stop gaining then the pros would not be as big as they are because they stay in high doses year round.

Due to myostatin, gains level off around week 8. Backloading with an oral helps to keep things going.

Effects of heavy resistance training on myostatin mRNA and protein expression.

PURPOSE: Myostatin is a negative regulator of muscle mass and its effects seem to be exacerbated by glucocorticoids; however, its response to resistance training is not well known. This study examined 12 wk of resistance training on the mRNA and protein expression of myostatin, follistatin-like related gene (FLRG), activin IIb receptor, cortisol, glucocorticoid receptor, myofibrillar protein, as well as the effects on muscle strength and mass and body composition.
METHODS:

Twenty-two untrained males were randomly assigned to either a resistance-training [RTR (N = 12)] or control group [CON (N = 10)]. Muscle biopsies and blood samples were obtained before and after 6 and 12 wk of resistance training. RTR trained 3 x wk(-1) using three sets of six to eight repetitions at 85-90% 1-RM on lower-body exercises, whereas CON performed no resistance training. Data were analyzed with two- and three-way ANOVA.
RESULTS:

After 12 wk of training, RTR increased total body mass, fat-free mass, strength, and thigh volume and mass; however, they increased myostatin mRNA, myostatin, FLRG, cortisol, glucocorticoid receptor, and myofibrillar protein after 6 and 12 wk of training (P < 0.05).
CONCLUSIONS:

Resistance training and/or increased glucocorticoid receptor expression appears to up-regulate myostatin mRNA expression. Furthermore, it is possible that any plausible decreases in skeletal muscle function from the observed increase in serum myostatin were attenuated by increased serum FLRG levels and the concomitant down-regulation of the activin IIb receptor. It is therefore concluded that the increased myostatin in response to cortisol and/or resistance training appears to have no effects on training-induced increases in muscle strength and mass

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15064583

I did some research because I kept seeing post on myostatin. I appears according to this study that myostatin is off set bu the increase "follistatin-like related gene" and the corresponding down regulation of the receptor that receives myostatin.

If your gains just straight up stop you're doing something majorly wrong.

I no longer go over 8 weeks but i am also 28 and have natty test at 795.

Back